Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: What is the stupidest thing you've Done In Adventure mode  (Read 11978 times)

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is the stupidest thing you've Done In Adventure mode
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2020, 10:51:13 am »

I decided to try and throw wild animals into a volcano because I was worshipping a god of volcanoes. It was going well but then one tried to bite me and I auto-dodged into the crater and fell to my fiery death.
Meh, a sacrifice is a sacrifice.

I raided a pyramid, woke up the mummy inside, fled pursued by undead hordes.  Made a pit stop at what I thought was a safe distance (nearest mead hall, several map tiles away), noticed some commotion while exploring various rooms, walked out into huge zombie swarm, promptly turned into burger.

Also, forgot to check bandits for weapons in an early adventure, caught an arrow with my spine while fighting a wrestler.  Good times.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Tdroid1221

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2020, 01:36:55 pm »

Taking over a bronze colossus in adventure mode, maxing out stats, making him a master in combat, then outfitting him in masterwork steel armor, only for him to eventually invade my fortress and kill everyone with a slade maul

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2020, 01:58:16 pm »

Got an adventurer, trained him to Legendary+5 in fighting, dodging, combat skills, etc. Raided the HFS and got Fruit weapons and armour (not Candy, would've needed a fort). Killed literally dozens of Megabeasts and HFS, from dust-spewing skinless cobras to giant asses with poisonous gas.

Got encased in ice because I didn't check the temperature before trying to train swimming further. That was stupid of me.

Spoiler: With Spoilers Ver. (click to show/hide)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2020, 12:31:22 pm »

Milennia in the future, your adventurer will be thawed out as a legendary caveman of war

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2020, 12:52:59 am »

Back in 40d, I spent almost a month grinding up a megadventurer to wipe out the elven menace once and for all. I was standing at the outskirts of the last elf retreat I hadn't plundered, when I accidentally paused and pressed the up arrow key. I pressed enter on the wrong button and gave into starvation.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Urist mcbayblade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2020, 03:27:31 pm »

Tried to dig a moat through an aquifer
Three drowned miners later I had a moat that didn't keep things in or out and no way to fix it without digging a new one through half of my fortress. Bronze colossus showed up and boom - no more fortress.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 03:29:51 pm by Urist mcbayblade »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]