Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer made sites  (Read 3548 times)

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary elf skin tanner
    • View Profile
Adventurer made sites
« on: October 02, 2020, 11:37:40 am »

Hello, haven't been here in five years, what's up guys?  ;)

My question:

Are adventurer made sites evolve after retirement in self-made meadhalls?

Like births, marriages, children, trade, wars, new buildings, new weapons (for example if all the inhabitants are adventurers, because the world went extinct, but the civilization names still exist).

The plan is to manually populate civs with adventurers, so their children can repopulate the world.

thanks

Szuvas Fogbank the Skinny Innocent Inn-Dinner of Spinning

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!
The lower body flies off in an arc!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer made sites
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 03:38:26 pm »

Most of that is working in fortress mode, but not in adventure mode. Sites do not really change after being abandoned but their inhabitants will. If you did build a tavern, it should be functional. 
Time however passes terribly slowly in adventure mode, so I'm not sure if you will see many people move in or out. for any meaningfull progress of time you need to be in fortress mode.

On top of that, I think adventurers are currently missing some tags that they would need to get married and have children, so even if you'd move to fortress mode they would not have children (I'm not sure if you can fix that with dfhack)
You can still retire adventurers and they may stay at the site, but sometimes they will move on and might even take important positions elsewhere.

Recruited adventure companions however will happily get married to eachother, so that might work, it at least happened several times in the museum III adventure game. Getting them to have kids might take a lot of patience though.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 03:43:30 pm by Bralbaard »

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 03:39:57 pm »

Thanks a lot!

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 07:07:22 am »

Adventurer's sites can also attract others - usually just stray animals, but occasionally a new resident. So, it's possible - with enough adventuring recruits and time.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 12:34:19 pm »

Dfhack does have a command to fix sterility of a unit, so you can make your adventurers able to marry/have children.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 04:42:51 pm »

Thanks guys.  ;D Everything is looking good. I just need to flesh out the story now! Can you tell me if adventurer made sites can turn into fully working towns with everything? Farmers, smithies, shops, inns with rooms? Or must I build them and designate everything by hand.  Or building generation stops after map generation?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 05:38:54 pm »

Whatever site you leave will look exactly like that even if you come back in 200 years. Items and residents are the only things that'll change.

But, while you're in fortress mode controlling a different site, the game will treat it like any other site and sort of spoof food production, etc - even if the site doesn't have any workshops.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 08:49:45 am »

Because I tried to dfhack my adventurers into relationships, I can safely say it's not possible. Adventurers are not assexual, instead they don't have a sexuality (if it makes sense) so fix-ster has nothing to change. The only way to have your characters having children is to have a female adventurer and do the ol' virgin birth trick and dfhack a baby directly into her.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 01:21:47 am »

What if create site by outsider and (by DFhack) unretire this site? What reactions will be available and what ethics will work?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 07:28:33 pm »

well if you didn't claim the site in general when making it as being an outsider will lock you out of that which also means you can't retire in the site until there's a civ in there.

if you just unretire an empty site that has no civ and a bunch of residents you probably get a blank fort that will auto abandon at worst, and if you put in the work in the site to have any units working there.

the big deal with adventurers raising a family is they kind-of don't have personalities that have interests that would make them relatable so you end up with beings that likes nothing and can't love folks outside of being really good friends, and this was what happen back when they didn't have a preference, so now you gotta do more work to get them on the level of a fort mode dwarf, or get them married already and mess with their preference, or gene splice empreg someone and/or the adventurer, or just gui/gm-editor mess with the historical figure's family data to add the adventurer into it.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes