Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair  (Read 4863 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2020, 05:54:06 pm »

Osamu just nodded his head at the instructions of... whoever the lady was - and moved to pull away the pieces of rubble best he could without causing a collapse. This was all too weird to be a dream, but it wasn't as though helping people was going to make things worse...

At least, hopefully it wouldn't.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2020, 06:00:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yushiro follows Griffon's lead, his Disk expanding as the playing field slides out of both sides. He draws 3 cards, and makes a face at them. Well, nothing in his deck was especially well-suited to digging people out of rubble anyway.

"I summon UFO Turtle in defence mode,", he says, calling it next to the other duelist's field spell as additional support. That done, he moves to start clearing the rubble with his bare hands, though the Duel Disk being active hampers his efforts.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2020, 07:38:00 pm »

Tyra lets out a sigh at the sudden distraction and people rushing over, something accompanied by a roll of the eyes invisible under her hood.
She took a couple slow steps over to the pile of rubble as she stretched out one hand, two wisps of green and one of blue float out and coalesce into two items, a gold disk and a red and grey cross.
With her other hand in a smooth practiced motion she slid a wand from her inner pocket and used it to launch a beam of purple light at the fallen figure, wrapping them in a protective bubble for a time.

Tyra uses Amethyst Wand on the mysterious figure, granting them 2d4+13 THP
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 07:44:53 pm by StormLord »
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2020, 11:30:22 pm »

A mechanical beast stirs in the rubble, its red eyes shining once more as it unfolded to stand at its full height. A faint, light shines from the boxy rifle(?) in its hands, only to abruptly cut out as its whole body slowly turned from side to side. A brief moment passing before it turns towards the buried stranger, emits a slight cracking sound, and says, "Processing," in a tinny voice. "Querying for Pending Orders, Processing, Processing," it stands there for a moment, seemingly unsure of what to do next, before it finally lets out a simple, "Error."

"Possible Human civilian in need of assistance, Unit is requesting permission to assist," It takes a step forward, a faint whirring sound ringing out as it continues to chant, "Processing, Processing, Error, unable to connect with Central, requesting permission to assist from local XCOM operatives." It stands in place, its skull shaped head gently turning to glance at the few members of the party that had yet to move towards the stranger, seemingly unsure of what to do.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 12:23:36 am by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2020, 11:43:41 pm »

"Get over here and help us free this lady. But try to do it quietly, please..." Osamu barely took a look behind him to speak to the machine before he went back to trying to clear the rubble - he could question what exactly was going on later, once the immediate dangers had passed. If they passed.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2020, 12:20:50 am »

The machine takes a brief moment to glance at the would be Operator's direction, its two red eyes scanning, probing every part of their form to search for something, anything that would mark them as anything less than the Operative they claim to be. The brief moment ending with the machine letting out a brief, "Permission granted, this Unit is moving to assist," before they stamp off to try and help dig the buried woman out. Only a true XCOM operative would show up to a mission wearing the tattered remains of a several decades out of date business casual outfit after all.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2020, 09:45:10 am »

Your combined efforts are able to get the fallen woman out from under the rubble without causing a collapse, much to the relief of her strange companions.  After a significant glance and a few moments of silence, the big, armored creature delicately picks up the formerly trapped woman, while the black creature turns towards you, revealing a purple face with a distinctly worn, drained expression.

You can leave now, if you like.  We can open a portal to safety.  But only once, A distinctly feminine voice speaks without words around the edges of your mind in an exhausted deadpan, However, we are not the only ones to have failed to stop this calamity.  I have no right to ask this of you, but if you were to help save them as well, we would be most grateful.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2020, 10:01:42 am »

Griffon Johnson had made a life of game design.  Endless hours creating art, managing expenses, and, ultimately, delving into the dark underbelly of Duel Monsters.

He had always anticipated that something like this might happen, that the world might face destruction at the hands of the things that existed in that metaphorical abyss of dark magic.

"Do it, then.  Unless any of you happen to be gods, there's nothing more we can do here." Griffon admits.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2020, 10:08:16 am »

"Not yet." Warden stepped forward. "Do you know where the other survivors are? I'm not leaving anyone behind if I can help it. It would be shameful to do otherwise." She had no business conducting rescue operations; the fact that one was needed meant she had failed in her duty, even if Warden 3 hadn't figured out how or why she awoke in shattered ruins with strange magic around her.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2020, 11:28:42 am »

Osamu let out a sigh of irritation.

"Shameful? Look, if you think you can survive..." He gestured in the direction of the massive creatures, "That, then you can go right ahead, but I think it's better that some of us get out, as opposed to none of us."

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2020, 12:16:52 pm »

The machine stands there while everyone has their say, unsure of what exactly to do next, or what the humans were talking about. The only response being a slight tilt towards its Operator, at the mention of the word 'survival'. The machine letting out a simple "Processing," in response, while it tries to match the strange, purple faced creature's appearance to one of the alien species inside of its internal 'bestiary' of potential hostiles.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2020, 01:00:27 pm »

Seeing no further need for them, Yushiro shuffles his cards back into the deck and folds his Disk back up, digesting the current state of things.
"Well, whatever those things are, they seem pretty occupied with their fight, right? Can't hurt to at least take a quick look and find who we can. You have any directions for us?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2020, 01:03:52 pm »

Henry listens to the odd being... A stand user? Or... Possibly a stand itself? He didn't know, this was very weird. He looks conflicted for a minute before crossing one arm over the other and pinching his chin.
"Hm, before I decide, let me do one thing first. "Captain Morgan's Revenge" to the unconscious one!"
Henry points in a rather dramatic fashion at the downed woman as he directs his stand to act as hers, the magically inclined being able to watch as the pirate breaks down in a way that's unsettlingly unlike a liquid and more like a tower of insects that just now chose to come apart. It flows over the girl quickly, before reassembling at the other side of her in a crouching pose, its hand coming up to rub it's chin just as Henry does.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2020, 01:56:57 pm »

Perhaps a compromise?  We can keep the Ultra Wormhole open for... ten minutes.  If you wish to leave, you could do so immediately.  If you wish to stay and help, that should be sufficient time to enact a rescue if you split up.  I can sense their minds nearby, The psychic creature suggests, They are in... unfortunate distress, and one may be out of our reach unless one of you can fly.

--------------------------------------------

Henry's [STAND] washes over the unconscious woman, and swiftly notices several anomalies.  There is an absolutely unsurvivable amount of bone fragments and bone powder where large chunks of her skeleton should be, especially around the spine.  She should be dead several times over, and yet even though it's not clear how, her heart still beats, and her lungs still draw breath.  A partial explanation may come from the pitch black, bone-like structures surrounding and reinforcing the destroyed sections of her spine, pelvis, and ribs.  When one of the insect-fragments of Captain Morgan's Revenge strays too close to these bones, it impacts it with a tiny 'tink'.  There is a sensation of a horrible, sucking pull, and though the [STAND] shard is able to pull away, it's somehow diminished, sluggish and grey.  And yet, is it Henry's imagination, or did the woman's coloration get a bit healthier after... leeching a tiny piece of his [STAND]?

Huh.  One of his fingers has turned grey, and has gone numb.  That's a bit alarming.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 02:04:40 pm by DragonRage »
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2020, 02:04:36 pm »

"I can fly faster than sound without breaking a sweat. Where are they?" Her wingtips swung out as if in anticipation, and the faint whine of her engines idling grew more intense for a moment. "And what do they look like? I'll make sure they get home safe."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 04:04:35 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10