Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair  (Read 4853 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2020, 02:15:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Griffon draws another card, grimacing.

"Very well.  If that is what you all have decided."

"I summon Thunder Dragon!" he shouts, holding up his next card.

From a magic circle on the ground, a large green dragon crackling with lightning emerges, roaring to the heavens.

"Whoever cannot fly, come with me.  She can take one more passenger, therabouts." he says, climbing aboard his trusted dragon.

At the same time, the little pixelated knight he summoned earlier climbs aboard as well.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2020, 03:00:24 pm »

Henry narrows his eyes at the girl. This was most unusual, but... perhaps that only made it less hard to understand. She clearly wasn't alive under her own power, if the injuries were recent though, there likely would be physical signs of damage along her body, which could only mean that these wounds were not new... Which means that the unnatural black bones... combined with how they had drained his stand.... He glances down to his finger, only now noticing the numbness and discoloration, he eyes widening and he gasps in shock. That confirmed it for him. This was the work of a [STAND]! He glances up at the black and purple creature, looking it over once again checking for signs of hostility. Finally though he relaxes. If that one wanted to attack, it wouldn't just let them get away without entering their trap... So it must be an ally. Henry slowly points to the one that had been talking.
"I don't know what's going on... but I'll help. Where's the closest one? I'll go on foot and return as soon as possible."

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2020, 03:57:45 pm »

I sense one of our number to the east, in a basement that has survived thus far, near a stop sign.  His physical condition is not critical as far as I can tell, but his mind...  He may not be able to move himself.  A large man, with dark skin, wearing furs.  His sword should be nearby, but you do not need to retrieve it.  Another is even closer.  She should be but a few dozen yards to my left, but I am experiencing interference.  I cannot pinpoint her exact location.  Her red hair should be distinctive and easy to spot.  Two more are together, further away from the battling monsters than we are.  They are both wounded, badly, and in considerable distress.  They both prefer heavy armor, which will likely need to be removed in order to move them.  And our final member is... The psychic creature sighs, making a noise with her mouth for the first time you've heard, Attempting to attack the giant monsters to buy us time to escape.  And to see what they taste like.  Of course.  Look for a winged, black-scaled... less giant monster.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2020, 04:00:44 pm »

"I'll go after the two in heavy armor.  By the time I reach them, I should be able to summon a second Thunder Dragon, one for each injured person." Griffon explains.

"Anyone who wants to help, climb aboard" he offers.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2020, 04:08:15 pm »

Henry nods, before pointing left.
"I'll try to retrieve the redhead. Wall-e should go get the big guy, and Jet has to get the... last one.... So I suppose everyone else can pick their own targets."
Henry looked momentarily confused as he registered the bit about someone having to retrieve a less giant monster, but quickly pushed through.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2020, 04:19:29 pm »

Warden nodded, doing her best to conceal the lump of fear forming in her throat. "I'll go after the attacking one. I expect to come back to the others already assembled and stabilized." Wasting no more after that stern statement, she began to run at the monsters. Her engines roared as they flared to life, Warden 3 picking up further speed until her feet left the ground entirely. Ignoring the complaints of her avionics about the rushed takeoff, she gunned her engines immediately, blasting off towards (hopefully) the errant member of this one's battle group. She searched the air with both her eyes and her radar systems, hoping to catch a glimpse of her objective through either. Once she was a short distance away from the others, her engines emitted a jet of flame as her afterburners kicked in, pushing her speed even further.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2020, 04:34:03 pm »

Yushiro pauses as others take off in search of the injured.
"So that leaves us with the heavy armoured guys, then. See you soon."
He bows slightly to the psychic being, and climbs on top of one of the summoned Thunder Dragons.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 05:30:35 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2020, 06:10:43 pm »

Warden-3's radar almost immediately tags an aerial contact.  It's smaller than any jet fighter she can think of, but well within the size range for something to be tagged as an aircraft instead of a bird.  She's able to swiftly close to visual range, revealing a burly, black dragon absolutely coated in scars, half-healed wounds, and broken spines to the point where she can't help wondering how it's still alive, much less flying.  The dragon roars with a gaping maw of mostly broken teeth, though despite the brutish appearance its face is expressive, almost human under an enormous, curved horn, and the stump where a second one was likely broken off.  As she watches, one of the broken teeth falls from its mouth, and a fresh one slowly begins to sprout in its place.  As she draws closer, the dragon's head swivels towards her, revealing a beady, glowing, yellow eye, and an eye swollen shut by an immense, whitish bruise.  The creature stops, turning to hover in mid-air with a distinctly shocked expression, which soon shifts into confused concern as it makes shooing motions towards Warden-3 with a surprisingly human-like if heavily clawed hand broken up by the stumps where a thumb and a ring finger probably are supposed to be.  The dragon points towards the gigantic battling creatures, and then shakes a flattened hand over its throat, attempting to impress the incarnated plane of the danger.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry goes to the indicated place, but is unable to see any obvious signs of the presence of someone else...  Wait, is that?  He looks closer at the jagged edge of a piece of snapped-off timber, and sees a few strands of pale, reddish-orange hair, and dark blue threads ripped from some garment...  But no body.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The psychic creature returns Yushiro's bow before he and Griffin fly off.  Along the way, a bolt of lightning flashes from the battling titans, but misses them.  From the air they soon spot two figures.  One of them is slumped against a pile of bricks and rubble, sparks flying from the joints and burns scattered across his stocky, armored suit.  He's lost his helmet at some point, revealing a wide face mostly covered by a bushy, brown beard and head of hair.  He's saying something to the other person, a woman clad in armor made of some sort of scales and bone, who is pointing an enormous gun at him with shaking hands.  The gun almost looks like it was also made out of animal parts, but that's crazy, right?  Regardless, someone should probably break this up.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2020, 06:25:45 pm »

Henry eyes the newfound evidence for a few moments before turning to his stand, metaphorically speaking.
"CMR, there's signs she was here but no body, take a closer look for me."
While his stand examines the clues he already found, Henry uses Dig Through Trash to find anything else that may lead to their quarry.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2020, 06:49:04 pm »

"Well I suppose that leaves your fur clad friend then hmm?  I'll go retrieve them, be prepared for them to appear suddenly though."
With that Tyra heads down to look for the basement and the man mentioned inside of it.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2020, 06:49:46 pm »

Griffon draws yet another card from his Duel Disk, glancing at it for only a moment before parking his dragon.

"Whatever you're doing, it can wait, can't you see there's an armageddon on!?  Climb aboard so we can get the hell out of here!" Griffon shouts to the pair.

With that, he summons another monster.  "I summon Thunder Dragon, in Defense Mode!"

Another gigantic green dragon, almost identical to the one he and Yushiro are on, emerges from a magic circle.  This one emerges with less fanfire, opting not to roar its pride to the heavens.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 06:53:00 pm by Shadestyle »

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2020, 07:02:06 pm »

Henry scans the surrounding area, and his [STAND] notices something he did not, the faint impression of a human-shaped object in the dust, twitching faintly and silently.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tyra has zero trouble finding the man and his sword.  He's rather large, and athletically built, and rocking back and forth in a corner in the fetal position.  "The dreamer.  He woke the Dreamer," The man mutters to himself in terror, "He only gave the Dreamer enough time to scream!  Nothing left of the dreams, nothing left!"

A huge, two-handed sword rests next to him, with glowing red runes and lines running up the dark steel.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"A rescue!"  The bearded man shouts up to the flying group, "I'd love to go with ya, lads, but my armor's power source is toasted, the manual backup releases are welded shut, and I think if I move too much Rose here is gonna shoot me.  She's...  Not herself right now.  Please don't hurt her."

"Don't hurt me?  Don't talk like you know me!"  The now-identified Rose shouts, jerkily switching her gun between the armored man and the flying dragons, "How do you talk like you know me?"

"I'm Stonebeard!  We've been fighting together for almost a year now, lass!" The armored man pleads.

"You don't look anything like Stonebeard!"  She switches her gun back to him, eyes wide behind her helm.

"Yes I do!"  He yells back, before his visible skin turns a bit greenish.  "Ooogh, should not have yelled, still feeling queasy."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 07:08:07 pm by DragonRage »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2020, 07:08:14 pm »

Henry nods. Mystery solved then.... He crouches next to the shape and speaks softly.
"Hey, can you hear me? I'm Henry, I'm here to get you to safety."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2020, 07:11:48 pm »

"I don't know what they hope to get out some someone in your sorry state, but whatever.  I'm taking you back to your hmm...Companions?"
Tyra pulls out the Banishment Device she created earlier and uses it one the man, firing a pulse of space-warping energy at him to send him back to where she awoke.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2020, 07:13:19 pm »

Griffon draws another card, wincing at this one.  If only he had the one card he really needed.

"Look, I will PERSONALLY keep the armored fellow in the jaws of my dragon as long as you get on its back, please don't throw everyone's life away by threatening someone in the middle of a damn apocolypse!  Some of us have safer pastures we'd rather be getting along to, and this morality thing is holding us up!"

He glances at his Thunder Dragon and Pixel Knight.  Both would understand that he needs something more... Intimidating right now.

"I tribute Thunder Dragon and Pixel Knight!  Come forth, my loyal servant!  Blue Eyes Pixel Dragon!"

One of the dragons, and the cartoonish blocky knight both fade away into light, which comes together into an even larger magic circle.

Slowly, a truly massive shining dragon begins to emerge from it, a dragon made of brilliantly vivid blocks that shift and sway as the beast rises up from the magic circle.

Its eyes open, and it leers down at the duo.

If this scene were televised, viewers would know to fear this monster as an icon appears, displaying its statistics.  2600 Attack, 2200 Defence.

"Now climb on and shut up until we're somewhere safer!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10