Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair  (Read 4752 times)

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
[IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair
« on: October 04, 2020, 03:04:56 pm »

You awaken in a devastated ruin, as the sky shifts and warps overhead.  Entirely too close for comfort, two titanic creatures clash, so tall your eyes struggle to pierce the distorted, smoky air to discern their true forms.  You lay in the rubble of wherever you last laid down to sleep, though this is clearly not where you once were.  Others lay nearby, as far as you can tell in similar circumstances.  Above you, the huge monsters clash, the sheer concussive force of their meeting blasting the air clear, a flash of golden scales and dark, spiny carapace visible before the haze rushes in to fill the void.

All that you can hear are your own heartbeats, the confused voices of the people around you, the cackling roars and bone-shaking growls of the battling titans, and the eerie silence of a dying world.

"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TMV2GG Main Plot 1: A Shadow of New Despair
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 03:12:18 pm »

Griffon's hand shoots to his pocket, patting it instinctively for his cards as he scrambles to put on his sunglasses.

His hand grasps the small box attached to his belt, and he releases a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"I knew there were monsters, but this...  What is this?" he mutters, looking at the others nearby.

An unnatural light casts over his face as he uses what magic he has managed to cultivate, preparing for trouble as he takes slow steps back from the battle.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 03:24:09 pm »

As Osamu got up, he rubbed the sand out of his eyes, wondering what the hell had happened last night. He went over the details in his head. Convenience store, the bar, his crappy apartment - that was now even more ruined than before - none of it explained the two creatures doing battle above him like a scene from a monster movie.

He looked to the people around him. Some of them seemed like the kinds of characters who'd show up in a monster movie. Maybe they weren't as confused as he was. Carefully approaching the closest person he saw, some kind of... Salaryman? Government agent? Osamu asked, "You mean to say you have no idea what's going on?"

He took a step back as the man's face glowed for a moment. "W-what is that?"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 03:58:05 pm by AzyWng »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 03:28:40 pm »

"Oh good, so I'm not hallucinating whatever that is."
Yushiro had jumped into a defensive stance, Duel Disk firmly in front of him, almost like a shield. He glances at the two men, before turning his attention back to the clashing behemoths before them even as he backs away.
"I think we should start getting away, yeah?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 03:45:10 pm »

Henry just stared up at the battle happening in the sky. He briefly closed his eyes, trying very hard to will himself awake as this was obviously a very bizzare dream... But when he opened his eyes again, Henry knew that unfortunately, this was actually happening. With a disappointed sigh, he sits up and wills forth Captain Morgan's Revenge. The mass of mechanical insects appearing as a similarly mechanical pirate, with long hair and a rather fetching coat. Looking around his eyes settle on the ones that asked what was going on.
"I don't know man. Last I remembered I was in bed taking a nap before my next fight. As for getting away... I don't see how. They're up in the sky, which is kind of hard to run from last I checked."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 03:49:22 pm »

Griffon looked at the teenager with interest.  He had a duel disk as well, eh?

"Yes.  Let's get moving in the opposite direction of those...

Things. 

I have no earthly idea what they are, but our health isn't their priority, if I might be so bold as to assume."

With that, he straightens his tie, and begins jogging away, his own duel disk unlocking, the chunky device not as sleek as the Kaibacorp variety, but far more robust, two segments sliding out from a rounded rectangle mounted to his arm as it expands to its full length. 

Its surface shell has almost a clay-like color and texture, with ornate grooves that seem to serve no purpose.  A large eye is proudly embossed on one side, underneath which an almost pitiful-looking LED lights up, displaying a simple "4000"

"Follow me!"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 03:57:58 pm by Shadestyle »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 04:00:05 pm »

In a strange place, surrounded by strange people, with strange creatures fighting above them...

What choice did Osamu have? He followed the... magician? To wherever he was headed.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 04:30:29 pm »

With a sigh, Henry shrugs and gets up. At least being in a group was a better idea that going alone... With that thought in his head, he jogs off after the other two.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 04:55:02 pm »

Tyra looked around silently as she awoke, her chambers had been starkly obliterated next to...whoever these others were.
"I wouldn't worry about running.  If those things, whatever they are, want to stop you...they will.  You'll just die tired."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 05:07:45 pm »

The woman on the ground, hearing voices about, groggily pulled herself to her feet as her systems went through the startup cycle. "There's no morning PT today, why are you. . ." She trailed off as she realized that crumbling bits of masonry and a smashed bunk were what remained of the barracks she had gone to sleep in, alongside myriad other rubble she didn't recognize. More importantly, there was an eclectic mix of strange individuals around her - certainly not the rest of Warden Squadron or any of the support staff.

She deployed her airframe, engines already beginning to whine faintly. Her rudders poked out from her back, rising above her shoulders, while a pair of wings - themselves in two sections - appeared on either side of her, attached to a denser metal piece closer to her back. Something resembling a cross between a submachine gun and a rotary cannon slid into existence, clutched in her right hand. "Who are you and what's going on?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 05:21:11 pm »

Tyra glanced over in the plane-girl's direction, shift back a bit in surprise as wings and a weapon came into being.
"Don't see that everyday.  Are you some kind of...Valkyrie?  Though with wings of metal..."
She shakes her head slowly.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 05:26:20 pm »

A gold-scaled tail sweeps overhead, knocking over a free-standing wall behind the group.  Another tail follows it, but doesn't hit anything.  Revealed by the wall's unfortunate end is a heap of rubble and clay roofing tiles.  At its base, a strange creature kneels, clad in a black dress, with black fins sticking out from its head.  It gathers purple energy into its hands over and over, before releasing it into a body mostly buried under the rubble...  but the body does not respond.  A hulking, armor-clad beast halfway between triceratops and lizard, its left horn broken off near the base, stands over them with a distinct air of helpless, frantic worry.  Every so often, it attempts to shift a piece of rubble with its clawed hands.  But every time it tries, more rubble starts to shift and fall above it, forcing it to jerk back to avoid a collapse.  Under its helm, a wide, blue eye swivels to regard you with something between panic and desperate hope.  It makes a noise like steel sheets grinding together, and gestures widely towards the trapped person, begging without words for you to do whatever you can to help.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2020, 05:32:30 pm »

Henry stops, turning back towards the newly revealed... monster? He waits a moment, but when it seems to ask for help he sighs to himself before jogging over to the poor thing.
"Hey, keep calm big guy. Just try to keep more rubble from falling okay?"
Whether the beast could understand him or not, Henry starts clearing away the rubble, he can with the help of Captain Morgan's Revenge.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2020, 05:40:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grimacing at the sight, Griffon draws three cards out of his deck hastily, lamenting the fact that he had run out yesterday with an unfinished deck.

Eyeing the cards, he makes a decision.

"I play Pixel Paradiso, summoning its manifestation under the rubble!" he shouts.

His duel disk flashes as a giant television appears next to the monster.  The TV falls backwards, and up from its screen, a pixelated castle begins to rise up.

"Next, I summon Pixel Knight in attack mode!" he continues, summoning his knight and sending it to try and help drag the woman out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2020, 05:46:19 pm »

Warden 3 hesitated for a moment, clearly leery of the situation. The strange creatures didn't seem to be hostile, though, and her urge to help whoever it was overwhelmed her caution quickly - despite the sudden appearance of more magic. "That's the roof held up, hopefully. Someone else make sure it doesn't, if you can, everyone else get over here and help dig this person out." She tried to project confidence despite this being far outside what she was intended to do or what training had prepared her for.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10