Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: A Slime's Life  (Read 7590 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Slime's Life
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2020, 09:44:32 pm »

Massive inequality between players for seemingly no reason, slow updates despite the updates being only a sentence or two on average and the revelation that I created my character wrong due to information that was not available at the start of the game are the top three reasons.
Updates will be coming faster. There isn't much inequality it is just the rolls and what you are trying to do. If you want to make a new character you can. I don't profess to be good, though I am trying. If you are sure about dropping out I won't push.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2020, 10:12:29 pm »

Just set my action to actively eat plants until something interesting happens.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2020, 10:39:06 pm »

Chunky attempts to ambush and eat the biggest lion, assuming they are large enough to fight it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2020, 11:04:44 pm »

Turn 10:

Sticker searches for bugs to eat
Sticker finds thousands of bettles and eats 50 of them gaining 0.52 mass.

Squish the tiny zebra continues to try to learn how to use his new legs, and also eats any bugs he finds while doing this.
Squish doesn't get far on learning how to use legs(41/100). He also eats 165 beetles and gains 1.68 mass.

Ciell didn't learn anything more about webs, but making another discovery proved satisfying all the same. However, more mass would be needed to perfect and use this technique.

Ciell searches to the north for large bugs or small rodents, and also heading to the previous known location of fellow slimes to tell them about these innovations.
Ciell finds and eats 13 spiders gaining 0.14 mass. He also goes north and meets up with Chunky and Stretch.

Just set my action to actively eat plants until something interesting happens.
Plort eats alot of plants gaining 1 whole mass.

Chunky attempts to ambush and eat the biggest lion, assuming they are large enough to fight it.
Chunky sneaks up on a lion and injures it, the lion health dropped by 13%. He attacks again it is now down by 27% health and gets hit for 9 damage. Chunky is at 11 health and retreats from the fight(I figured you would retreat when you lost enough health, if this is not so please let me know and I will play out this battle).

Stretch continues to communicate with the bear and is now able to communicate with large animals. He gains 0.03 mass.

The word reaches the slimes that the humans will be sending scouts north.

Plort: 12.19cm; 1 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:1, S:0, E:2, R:2); Health: 16; Combat Power: 11
Squish: 29.48cm; 1 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:1, S:0, E:2, R:5, free: 0); Health: 28; Combat Power: 16.5; legs(41/100){when finished allows you to use 4 legs naturally(gives a bonus to learning how to use any other combo of legs)}
Stretch: 18.58cm; 1 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:2, S:2, E:3, R:0, free: 0); Health: 14; Combat Power: 13; large animal communication{can communicate with large animals; give bonus to trying to communicate with other animals}
Ciell: 10.33cm; 1 essence; passive growth: 0.01; stats: (C:0, S:2, E:2, R:1); Health: 13; Combat Power: 6.5; webs(8/100){when finished can use .1 mass to make a web trap}; Spit attack(84/100){when finished allows you to use a range attack that adds 1CP per 0.05 mass used}
Chunky: 20.17cm; 1 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:0, S:2, E:2, R:3, free: 2); Health: 13/20; Combat Power: 12.5; spinky shell{increase your CP by an extra 1/10 size}
Sticker: 10.55cm; 0.2 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:1, S:2, E:2, R:0); Health: 10; Combat Power: 5

Plort finally gets a good roll. I also realize how powerful your CP is versus animals and
Player Position Map:
|  Sq   | Si |          | Pl |   | Ocean
          | ChStCi |   |     |   | Ocean
          | Humans
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 10:22:12 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2020, 11:15:26 pm »

Plort looks around to see if it can find some decently sized rocks. It will try ingesting some rocks without trying to digest them in order to create a sort of stone grinder inside of it for breaking up plant matter in order to eat more efficiently.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2020, 11:26:52 pm »

When Ciell realizes Chunky has grown nearly twice as large, it seems like an opportune time to demonstrate (and perfect) the Spit Attack mass throwing technique. Stretch is probably big enough to use it, too, moreso than Ciell.

Ciell practices Spit Attack by hunting the nearest prey larger than the 0.1 mass expended, inviting Chunky and Stretch to observe and learn it for themselves.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2020, 04:14:06 am »

Squish the tiny zebra continues to try to use his tiny zebra legs and eating random bugs.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2020, 04:40:16 am »

Continue eating bugs as well as some larger things

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2020, 08:29:12 am »

Something odd happened. On my second attack, before retreating, the lion somehow gained health unless the percentages are how much damage i did in percent and not how much health the lion has left
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2020, 10:21:14 am »

Something odd happened. On my second attack, before retreating, the lion somehow gained health unless the percentages are how much damage i did in percent and not how much health the lion has left
It's how much damage you did in percent and not how much health it has left. I worded it badly.

Edit: fixed it should look right now.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2020, 11:35:09 am »

Chunky does indeed retreat, looking for smaller prey and briefly stopping to observe Ciell's technique. Maybe they should find something closer to the size of those porcupines?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 11:36:53 am by Dustan Hache »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2020, 04:48:22 pm »

Maybe they should find something closer to the size of those porcupines?
Ciell will eagerly team up for a porcupine (or similar size) hunt and spitting practice.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2020, 06:02:19 pm »

Turn 11:

Plort looks around to see if it can find some decently sized rocks. It will try ingesting some rocks without trying to digest them in order to create a sort of stone grinder inside of it for breaking up plant matter in order to eat more efficiently.
Plort finds rocks and ingests them. In order for Plort to make them as a grinder it has to expend essence otherwise it's biology will auto absorb the rocks. Gained food grinder(cost .1 essence; doubles mass gain); gained 0.04 mass.

Quote from: Ciell, Chunky, and Stretch
When Ciell realizes Chunky has grown nearly twice as large, it seems like an opportune time to demonstrate (and perfect) the Spit Attack mass throwing technique. Stretch is probably big enough to use it, too, moreso than Ciell.

Ciell practices Spit Attack by hunting the nearest prey larger than the 0.1 mass expended, inviting Chunky and Stretch to observe and learn it for themselves.
Chunky does indeed retreat, looking for smaller prey and briefly stopping to observe Ciell's technique. Maybe they should find something closer to the size of those porcupines?
Ciell and Chunky find 7 turtles to hunt, Ciell practices the spit attack on the while Chunky and Stretch watch the demenstration. Ciell finishes learning the spit attack, Chunky gains 17.5/100, Stretch gets 8.5/100. Ciell gains 0.26 mass, Chunky gains 0.33 mass, Stretch gains 0.03 mass(I divided the  mass gained from the turtles evenly between Ciell and Chunky.

Squish the tiny zebra continues to try to use his tiny zebra legs and eating random bugs.
Squish gets better at using the his legs(+22/100) and eats 165 beetles. Squish gains 1.68 mass and has 1 free stat point.

Continue eating bugs as well as some larger things
Sticker eats 50 beetles and finds a pride of lions. Sticker gains 0.52 mass.

4 Human scouts are spotted near the human settlements, they appear to be going north. They will be at ChStCi square next turn.

Plort: 12.23cm; 0.99 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:1, S:0, E:2, R:2); Health: 16; Combat Power: 11; Food Grinder(cost .1 essence; doubles mass gain)
Squish: 21.13cm; 1.1 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:1, S:0, E:2, R:5, free: 1); Health: 29; Combat Power: 17.5; legs(63/100){when finished allows you to use 4 legs naturally(gives a bonus to learning how to use any other combo of legs)}
Stretch: 18.61cm; 1.1 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:2, S:2, E:3, R:0, free: 0); Health: 14; Combat Power: 13; large animal communication{can communicate with large animals; give bonus to trying to communicate with other animals}; Spit attack(8.5/100){when finished allows you to use a range attack that adds 1CP per 0.05 mass used}
Ciell: 10.59cm; 1.1/1 essence; passive growth: 0.01; stats: (C:0, S:2, E:2, R:1); Health: 13; Combat Power: 6.5; webs(8/100){when finished can use .1 mass to make a web trap}; Spit attack{allows you to use a range attack that adds 1CP per 0.05 mass used}
Chunky: 20.50cm; 1.1 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:0, S:2, E:2, R:3, free: 2); Health: 15/20; Combat Power: 12.5; spinky shell{increase your CP by an extra 1/10 size}; Spit attack(17.5/100){when finished allows you to use a range attack that adds 1CP per 0.05 mass used}
Sticker: 11.07cm; 0.3 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:1, S:2, E:2, R:0); Health: 10; Combat Power: 5

If you watch someone use an ability you get half the training roll for it. Chunky, Ciell, and Stretch have humans coming upon you location.
Player Position Map:
|  Sq   | Si |          | Pl |   | Ocean
          | ChStCi |   |     |   | Ocean
          | Humans
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2020, 06:12:02 pm »

Watch the humans to try figuring out if they’re aggressive, regardless, find a tree to climb to watch them

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2020, 06:19:32 pm »

Plort goes to the largest fallen branch or other source of plant matter in the area, and start consuming.

The current consumption strategy will be: First strike the plant matter to break it up into smaller pieces to increase the percentage of the plant that is in contact with my somewhat corrosive slime body, and use the grinder to break them up further once inside.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8