Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: A Slime's Life  (Read 7576 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: A Slime's Life
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2020, 08:40:32 pm »

Chunky Prepares for battle by collecting lots of pebbles and rock on his exterior to help shield them from harm when they most likely end up fighting the humans, Using the shape of turtles they ate to form something akin to it's shell.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2020, 02:09:26 am »

Squish the tiny zebra continues the leg learning and tries to find larger things to eat and eats them.

Spend the point on rigidity.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2020, 07:29:30 am »

Ciell slips into the (former) turtles' watery home for cover.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2020, 11:17:14 pm »

Turn 12:

Watch the humans to try figuring out if they’re aggressive, regardless, find a tree to climb to watch them
Sticker climbs a couple feet up a tree to try to see the humans. they seem to avoid slimes they meet unless they are defending their camp, so they might be aggressive(You are at the starting square which is north of the location where the humans are). Gains 0.02 mass.

Plort goes to the largest fallen branch or other source of plant matter in the area, and start consuming.

The current consumption strategy will be: First strike the plant matter to break it up into smaller pieces to increase the percentage of the plant that is in contact with my somewhat corrosive slime body, and use the grinder to break them up further once inside.
Plort Gets a slow start on using his new grinder and gets 0.80 mass added from that branch.

Chunky Prepares for battle by collecting lots of pebbles and rock on his exterior to help shield them from harm when they most likely end up fighting the humans, Using the shape of turtles they ate to form something akin to it's shell.
Chunky collects 27 rocks gaining pebble armor(27 temp health, you will loose 10% a turn down to 10X your stickiness). The pebble armor is in the rough shape of a turtle shell. Gains 0.03 mass.

Squish the tiny zebra continues the leg learning and tries to find larger things to eat and eats them.

Spend the point on rigidity.

Squish finally figures out how to use his legs. After that he hunts down 8 turtles and eats them gaining 0.8 mass. Squish is a bit more solid.

Ciell slips into the (former) turtles' watery home for cover.
Ciell hides from the humans in the water, they look like they might be here a while, considering they made a camp. Gains 0.01 mass

Stretch is staying near the bear so the humans will not mess with him. Gains 0.03 mass.
chaotick21 has until Wednesday Nov 25th to post an action, at that point another player could control him if they wish. If not he will return to the start and idle(aka be in hiatus) until chaotick21 decides to come back(I will not intentionally kill PCs if the player is not playing the character).

A human camp has been setup north of the human tile, it will be reinforced in 1d6 turns unless all the humans are eliminated.4 turns

Plort: 13.03cm; 1.08 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:1, S:0, E:2, R:2); Health: 16; Combat Power: 11; Food Grinder(cost .1 essence; doubles mass gain)
Squish: 21.93cm; 1.2 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:1, S:0, E:2, R:6, free: 0); Health: 32; Combat Power: 19; legs{allows you to use 4 legs naturally(gives a bonus to learning how to use any other combo of legs)}
Stretch: 18.64cm; 1.2 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:2, S:2, E:3, R:0, free: 0); Health: 14; Combat Power: 13; large animal communication{can communicate with large animals; give bonus to trying to communicate with other animals}; Spit attack(8.5/100){when finished allows you to use a range attack that adds 1CP per 0.05 mass used}
Ciell: 10.6cm; 1.05/1 essence; passive growth: 0.01; stats: (C:0, S:2, E:2, R:1); Health: 13; Combat Power: 6.5; webs(8/100){when finished can use .1 mass to make a web trap}; Spit attack{allows you to use a range attack that adds 1CP per 0.05 mass used}
Chunky: 20.53cm; 1.2 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:0, S:2, E:2, R:3, free: 0); Health: 17/20; Combat Power: 12.5; spinky shell{increase your CP by an extra 1/10 size}; Spit attack(17.5/100){when finished allows you to use a range attack that adds 1CP per 0.05 mass used}; pebble armor(27 temp health, you will loose 10% a turn down to 10X your stickiness)
Sticker: 11.07cm; 0.3 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:1, S:2, E:2, R:0); Health: 10; Combat Power: 5

The humans might not seem aggressive now, just wait until they get reinforced and yes I purposely left it somewhat vague as to when they get reinforced.
Player Position Map:
|  Sq   | Si |          | Pl |   | Ocean
          | ChStCi |   |     |   | Ocean
          | Humans
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:24:12 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2020, 02:11:34 am »

Now that Squish the tiny zebra has mastered the art of legs it is now time to run towards the ocean and to eat the largest animal I can find.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2020, 05:54:17 am »

Chunky Investigates the human camp. Surely there is a reason they would be so brazen as to come out here.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2020, 08:44:04 am »

Climb further up the tree, maybe there is a nest with baby birds or something I can eat
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 09:09:14 am by Naturegirl1999 »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2020, 08:50:29 am »

Ciell risks infiltrating the human camp, VERY stealthily, hoping to find and quickly devour any food stores.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2020, 09:02:19 am »

Continue last action.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2020, 10:48:53 am »

Try and befriend an entire army of animals

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2020, 12:38:32 am »

Turn 13:

Now that Squish the tiny zebra has mastered the art of legs it is now time to run towards the ocean and to eat the largest animal I can find.
Squish moves back to the starting square and finds a mama bear and her cubs. Squish goes for the mama, as she is bigger, and does a first strike doing 27.1% damage. His second strike takes the mama bear down by 54.3%, while the mama bear does 2 damage to Squish. The cubs go and hide. Squish keeps attacking and takes the mama bear down to 18.6% health left, while the mama bear hits Squish for 7 damage. Squish does not let the bear attack again and finishes her off. Squish feels more essence go into him and eats the bear and grows by almost half his size. Gain 10.03 mass, 0.5 essence, and has 2 free stat points.

Chunky Investigates the human camp. Surely there is a reason they would be so brazen as to come out here.
Chunky sneaks into the human camp and listens into a conversation:
"You really think we can wipe out the slimes in this area this time?"
"Maybe, with the new weapon it is entirely possible."
"I hope we are alive to see it in action."
"Same."
Gain 0.03 mass.

Climb further up the tree, maybe there is a nest with baby birds or something I can eat
Sticker tries to climb high but his stickyness does not support going higher. He does find some bees and eats 50 bees gaining 0.5 mass.

Ciell risks infiltrating the human camp, VERY stealthily, hoping to find and quickly devour any food stores.
Ciell follows Chunky into the human camp only not to listen into their conversations but to find human food. He doesn't find much and gets 0.08 mass from the food. At least the humans will have to find food, just like a slime. Gain 0.09 mass.

Continue last action.
Plort continues to eat big sticks and gains 1.56 mass.

Try and befriend an entire army of animals
Stretch finds an army(?) of chimpanzees and attempts to befriend them and gets them as friends. Their leader says that they number at 40. Stretch gains 0.03 mass and can now communicate with all animal types. Stretch has 40 minions, he can command them however they want.

The human camp is in higher alert due to their rations disappearing mysteriously(-20 on sneaking rolls vs the humans).3 turns

Plort: 13.03cm; 1.17 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:1, S:0, E:2, R:2); Health: 16; Combat Power: 11; Food Grinder(cost .1 essence; doubles mass gain)
Squish: 31.96cm; 1.8 essence; passive growth: 0.04; stats: (C:1, S:0, E:2, R:6, free: 2); Health: 26/34; Combat Power: 20; legs{allows you to use 4 legs naturally(gives a bonus to learning how to use any other combo of legs)}
Stretch: 18.67cm; 1.3 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:2, S:2, E:3, R:0, free: 0); Health: 14; Combat Power: 13; large animal communication{can communicate with large animals; give bonus to trying to communicate with other animals}; Spit attack(8.5/100){when finished allows you to use a range attack that adds 1CP per 0.05 mass used}; minions: 40(40 chimpanzees)
Ciell: 10.69cm; 1.03/1 essence; passive growth: 0.01; stats: (C:0, S:2, E:2, R:1); Health: 13; Combat Power: 6.5; webs(8/100){when finished can use .1 mass to make a web trap}; Spit attack{allows you to use a range attack that adds 1CP per 0.05 mass used}
Chunky: 20.56cm; 1.3 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:0, S:2, E:2, R:3, free: 0); Health: 17/20; Combat Power: 12.5; spinky shell{increase your CP by an extra 1/10 size}; Spit attack(17.5/100){when finished allows you to use a range attack that adds 1CP per 0.05 mass used}; pebble armor(27 temp health, you will loose 10% a turn down to 10X your stickiness)
Sticker: 11.57cm; 0.4 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:1, S:2, E:2, R:0); Health: 10; Combat Power: 5

Wonder what the weapon is that the humans have.
Player Position Map:
|    | SqSi |      | Pl |   | Ocean
     | ChStCi |   |     |   | Ocean
     | Humans

As tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day in the USA I might not update. I will answer any questions you all have.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2020, 01:45:29 am »

((No questions, happy Thanksgiving))
Eat the bark

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2020, 03:07:55 am »

Squish the not so tiny zebra now chases the bear cubs down and eats them, and puts one point into Elasticity, and one point into Rigidity

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2020, 07:47:57 am »

Unless Chunky has a better idea Ciell can help with, Ciell's plan is to steal liberate some human equipment – a weapon for preference but anything lying loose will do – and high tail it to the east.

(Combat instructions if Ciell or Chunky is discovered: Spit at their weird ugly mouth parts, hoping the slime will silence them. A single human is okay to fight alone, but not the whole pack without Chunky.)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2020, 09:41:53 am »

this is alarming. Chunky Attempts to find the weapon they mentioned and destroy it. Surely there is a place in the camp they have stored it?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 09:44:16 am by Dustan Hache »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8