Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Classic  (Read 14943 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Classic
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2020, 04:57:26 am »

Quote from: Purchase of the Merchant Ship 'Schrullige Tintenfische'
We, the undersigned will each contribute 3 florins to a joint venture that will purchase a Merchant Ship, the 'Schrullige Tintenfische' and a full cargo of trinkets, to be taken to the Nearsouthlands for trade. A 75% majority is required for decisions regarding this vessel.

- Stürn und Tochter
- Douchound Inc.
-
-

Spoiler: Douchound Inc. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2020, 11:51:20 am »

Thought it was going to be addressed with one company putting in 1 florin for 10%, but if we 4 of us pay 3 florins for a ship, we're overpaying by 2 florins. 3 florins for 25% share basically.
So, may I suggest 2 florins and 5 Groschen from each of us for 25% each?
Additionally, make it binding that we all pay our share of repairs.

Because these are two rather big changes, I'll draw a new contract for it. I don't particularly have interest in paying 3 florins for 25% of a ship at this time :P

We, the undersigned will each contribute 2 florins and 5 Groschen to a joint venture that will purchase a Merchant Ship, the 'Schrullige Tintenfische' and a full cargo of trinkets, to be taken to the Nearsouthlands for trade. A 75% majority is required for decisions regarding this vessel. Each shareholder is obligated to contribute to any repairs relative to their shares.

- Dreichin Industries
-
-
-

Spoiler: Dreichin Industries (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2020, 12:33:39 pm »

It's none of my business what you do, but in order to bring back some sand you need some trinkets. 2 florins worth of trinkets (10 units) sounds best.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2020, 12:34:40 pm »

The additional two florins (5 groschen each) is to purchase a full load of trinkets. Just like I didn't make the distribution of funds explicitly equal to share either, I had left the responsibility for repairs implicit as well.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2020, 01:01:14 pm »

Ahh, My bad. Completely brain derped there.

We, the undersigned will each contribute 3 florins to a joint venture that will purchase a Merchant Ship, the 'Schrullige Tintenfische' and a full cargo of trinkets, to be taken to the Nearsouthlands for trade. A 75% majority is required for decisions regarding this vessel.

- Stürn und Tochter
- Douchound Inc.
- Dreichin Industries
-

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2020, 02:18:17 pm »

- Stürn und Tochter
- Douchound Inc.
- Dreichin Industries
- A. Schicklgruber und Schöne

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2020, 02:20:40 pm »

Great. I will run the turn tomorrow.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 1
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2020, 03:05:52 am »

Turn 1
TURNTURNTURN

Large crowds gather as Schrullige Tintenfische begins its maiden voyage to the Nearsouthlands. Hopefully it will return in two months loaded with precious sand.

In a port tavern a captain by the name of Adalwolf Forscher is gathering a crew for a voyage of discovery. His plan is to venture west in search of new lands for the glory of the Republic. The Doge, being short on money, has agreed to provide him with the use of a ship on the condition that he hire a crew and provision the expedition himself. Adalwolf is currently soliciting private funding for his endeavor, promising to name important landmarks after his patrons.

Market
  • Lumber: 5 Groschen / Unit
  • Trinkets: 2 Groschen / Unit
  • Sand (none available): 6 Groschen / Unit
  • Ships (while supplies last): 10 Florins / Ship

Publicly Known Destinations
  • Home (Lumber): you are here
  • Nearsouthlands (Sand): 2 months travel

Current Voyages
  • Schrullige Tintenfische - set sail for Nearsouthlands on Turn 1. Expected return on Turn 3 with a cargo of Sand

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 1 (latecomers always welcome)
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2020, 04:38:19 am »

A. Schicklgruber, proprietor, offers Adalwolf 5 Groschen in hopes of getting something cool like a Cape Schicklgruber or even a Mt. Aloysius.
He considers asking to have something named after his young son, a budding artist, but realises this would only confuse everyone since the explorer has the same first name!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2020, 04:42:24 am »

Douchound Inc. also offers Adalwolf 5 Groschen.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2020, 05:20:58 am »

Since not much is happening I'm going to run the next turn quickly (don't expect this to be typical, at least not if we get more players  ;))

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 2
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2020, 05:44:12 am »

Turn 2
TURNTURNTURN

Adalwolf Forscher thanks Douchound Inc and A. Schicklgruber personally for their contributions. He buys a load of salted herring and sets off into the sunset in his ship, the Verkenning Geest.

Douchound Inc gains 0.5 favor
A. Schicklgruber und Söhne gains 0.5 favor

Market
  • Lumber: 5 Groschen / Unit
  • Trinkets: 2 Groschen / Unit
  • Sand (none available): 6 Groschen / Unit
  • Ships (while supplies last): 10 Florins / Ship

Publicly Known Destinations
  • Home (Lumber): you are here
  • Nearsouthlands (Sand): 2 months travel

Current Voyages
  • Schrullige Tintenfische - set sail for Nearsouthlands on Turn 1. Expected return on Turn 3 with a cargo of Sand
  • Verkenning Geest - set sail on a voyage of exploration on Turn 2.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 2 (latecomers always welcome)
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2020, 08:41:40 am »

A new company has been established! Rijke Reizen Enterprises is looking to expand into the shipping market.

I suppose I'll wait for more players to join, since there isn't enough capital for another ship to be purchased yet.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2020, 05:34:35 pm »

Happy Crab LLC is proud to announce they will be involving themselves in the bright new world of shipping!

But, like, not too involved.

Happy Crab is offering loans to interested parties.

Happy Crab Loan

Happy Crab (henceforth referred to as the "lender") will transfer ___ Florins (maximum of 2 Florins) to ______ (henceforth referred to as the "borrower") at the time of signing.

The borrower agrees to repay the loan in a reasonably timely manner, paying the owed amount to the lender within the time specified.  The borrower will repay a minimum of 25% the loan amount (rounded up) to the lender per turn, except for the first two turns following the signing of this contract, during which time repayments obligations are waived.  The owed amount will increase by 10% of the remaining principle per-turn starting the turn after the contract is signed and occurring at the start of the turn.  Payments will pay down the principle first, with any remainder paying off the interest.  The entirety of the loan must be repaid in full before 7 turns following the signing of this contract.

Should the borrower miss or short any owed payment, the lender is within their rights to demand immediate repayment in full.

Signed:
> Lender:
> Borrower:

Spoiler: Happy Crab LLC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 05:37:18 pm by evictedSaint »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2020, 03:12:25 am »

Posting to update my thing so I don't forget.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17