Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Classic  (Read 14940 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 2 (latecomers always welcome)
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2020, 03:37:06 am »

I notice that none of you guys have remembered to pay your 1Groschen/turn upkeep.
I assume you are, therefore, sleeping in the gutter and shall treat you accordingly.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Classic
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2020, 07:08:21 am »

Just updating my sheet for two turns upkeep.

Spoiler: Stürn und Tochter (click to show/hide)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2020, 02:04:09 pm »

Same as above

Spoiler: Dreichin Industries (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2020, 02:40:53 pm »

Need some extra cash to afford your lavish lifestyle?

Happy Crab LLC is happy to help! Come solicit a loan from one of our qualified lenders - you may already be pre-approved for a loan up to 2 whole Florins.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2020, 11:39:52 pm »

I would like to found...

Spoiler: Krieg und Frieden (click to show/hide)

I'm interested in entering a partnership for a woodenship. Rijke looks like a company of good repute, so I would like to work together. Especially if we can find another partner and avoid borrowing from the dreadful, greedy usurers at Happy Crab.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2020, 11:57:00 pm »

I'm interested in entering a partnership for a woodenship. Rijke looks like a company of good repute, so I would like to work together. Especially if we can find another partner and avoid borrowing from the dreadful, greedy usurers at Happy Crab.
A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor, offers his support conditional on the profitable return of his preexisting venture.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2020, 12:02:11 am »

Wow, rude.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2020, 01:54:33 am »

Updating my thing because I forgot about the upkeep.
Spoiler: Douchound Inc. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 3
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2020, 02:43:18 am »

Turn 3
TURNTURNTURN

Schrullige Tintenfische returns right on schedule with a full load of the most fine grained sand. You should probably unload it before sending it on its next voyage.

Sailors talk excitedly about a land to the south where, apparently, the trees are all wrong and have all their leaves at the top instead of on branches. But the beaches are top notch.

Market
  • Lumber: 5 Groschen / Unit
  • Trinkets: 2 Groschen / Unit
  • Sand (none available): 6 Groschen / Unit
  • Ships (while supplies last): 10 Florins / Ship

Publicly Known Destinations
  • Home (Lumber): you are here
  • Nearsouthlands (Sand): 2 months travel

Ships in port
  • Schrullige Tintenfische loaded with 10 Sand

Current Voyages
  • Verkenning Geest - set sail on a voyage of exploration on Turn 2.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 3 a ship comes into port
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2020, 03:07:10 am »

Anyone interested in taking a loan from Happy Crab?  You'll have majority stakeholder with 6 florins!  Don't be a FOOL like Sensei, accept a loan at reasonable rates! Repayment is waived the first two turns!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2020, 09:15:19 am »

I have some questions for the honourable Happy Crab LLC representative.

Are your interest rates rounded up, down or to the nearest Pfenning?

Would you consider waiving loan repayments on turns the borrower's ship is at sea?

How does your plan of paying off the principal before the interest compare to the more typical compound-interest plan?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2020, 12:29:15 pm »

Unload my share of sand from the Schrullige Tintenfische (2.5 sand). Buy and load 2.5 units of trinkets.

Aim to sell said sand (dunno how you want to handle that a1s, whether I get the money this turn, or you handle who gets what in an update.)

Spoiler: Dreichin Industries (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2020, 12:47:42 pm »

I have some questions for the honourable Happy Crab LLC representative.

Are your interest rates rounded up, down or to the nearest Pfenning?

Would you consider waiving loan repayments on turns the borrower's ship is at sea?

How does your plan of paying off the principal before the interest compare to the more typical compound-interest plan?

Rounded towards the nearest Pfenning, up.  Loan is waived for two turns, which is the time which the ship is at sea - for alternate routes, this can be discussed.  Paying off the principle first is better for the borrower.

All joking aside, it's a very reasonable loan.

Happy Crab Loan

Happy Crab (henceforth referred to as the "lender") will transfer ___ Florins (maximum of 2 Florins) to ______ (henceforth referred to as the "borrower") at the time of signing.

The borrower agrees to repay the loan in a reasonably timely manner, paying the owed amount to the lender within the time specified.  The borrower will repay a minimum of 25% the loan amount (rounded up) to the lender per turn, except for the first two turns following the signing of this contract, during which time repayments obligations are waived.  The owed amount will increase by 10% of the remaining principle per-turn, rounded up, starting the turn after the contract is signed and occurring at the start of the turn.  Payments will pay down the principle first, with any remainder paying off the interest.  The entirety of the loan must be repaid in full before 7 turns following the signing of this contract.

Should the borrower miss or short any owed payment, the lender is within their rights to demand immediate repayment in full.

Signed:
> Lender:
> Borrower:

Spoiler: Happy Crab LLC (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2020, 03:11:18 pm »

You know what? On the condition that the loan is only taken if I am able to find enough support for a second ship, I will borrow two florins from you.

Speaking of florins...

Quote from: Turn 3 managment of SchrulligeTintenfische
The full cargo of 10 Sand will be sold at market for a total of 6 Florins. 2 Florins will be used to purchase 10 Trinkets and the ship will be sent back to the Nearsouthlands for more Sand. The remaining 4 Florins will be split evenly between the four investors.

Signed:
- Stürn und Tochter
-
-
-

Spoiler: Stürn und Tochter (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2020, 03:19:27 pm »

I feel like you should know that it's "principal" in this case.

Anyway, can we even unload half a unit of sand? It's probably better to agree to unload the ship as a unit.

Quote from: Weird Squid ausladentvertrag
Ten (10) units of sand shall be disemplaced from the Schrullige Tintenfische (hereinafter ship) and sold on the market at prevailing prices. The proceeds from this vendiment shall be referred to as money. Ten (10) units of trinkets shall be purchased from the market at prevailing prices using money and intraposed into the cargo hold of ship. Any remainder of money shall be divided equally into four parts and distributed evenly among the undersigned; if an amount of 1, 2, or 3 Pfennigs should be left over after division, that amount will be considered to remain in a joint account until further pfennigs are acquired sufficient to make an even distribution. Ship will then depart for the Nearsouthlands to exchange trinkets for sand and, upon its return, the process laid out in this contract will start over unless further agreements have rendered it void.

Signed,
-for A. Schicklgruber und Söhne, A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor.
-
-
-

Ah, sniped. You know what, I think mine's better anyway. :P
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:00:33 pm by Maximum Spin »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17