Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Classic  (Read 14951 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 3 a ship comes into port
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2020, 03:59:48 pm »

I feel like you should know that it's "principal" in this case.

oops.  Thanks, I missed that.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2020, 04:20:01 pm »

Anyway, can we even unload half a unit of sand?
I would strongly prefer cargo to be handled in full units.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 2 (latecomers always welcome)
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2020, 04:36:17 pm »

Spoiler: Krieg und Frieden (click to show/hide)

All hate for USURY aside, we need another investor even with a loan or investment from Happy Crab, if we seek to purchase a new ship. So, that rather depends on whether the people who are now selling their sand receive money this turn or the next.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2020, 04:39:20 pm »

Quote from: Weird Squid ausladentvertrag
Ten (10) units of sand shall be disemplaced from the Schrullige Tintenfische (hereinafter ship) and sold on the market at prevailing prices. The proceeds from this vendiment shall be referred to as money. Ten (10) units of trinkets shall be purchased from the market at prevailing prices using money and intraposed into the cargo hold of ship. Any remainder of money shall be divided equally into four parts and distributed evenly among the undersigned; if an amount of 1, 2, or 3 Pfennigs should be left over after division, that amount will be considered to remain in a joint account until further pfennigs are acquired sufficient to make an even distribution. Ship will then depart for the Nearsouthlands to exchange trinkets for sand and, upon its return, the process laid out in this contract will start over unless further agreements have rendered it void.

Signed,
-for A. Schicklgruber und Söhne, A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor.
-for Stűrn und Tochter, G. Stürn, Qualified Partner.
-
-

Sure, we can use this one instead.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2020, 05:13:30 pm »

Ten (10) units of sand shall be disemplaced from the Schrullige Tintenfische (hereinafter ship) and sold on the market at prevailing prices. The proceeds from this vendiment shall be referred to as money. Ten (10) units of trinkets shall be purchased from the market at prevailing prices using money and intraposed into the cargo hold of ship. Any remainder of money shall be divided equally into four parts and distributed evenly among the undersigned; if an amount of 1, 2, or 3 Pfennigs should be left over after division, that amount will be considered to remain in a joint account until further pfennigs are acquired sufficient to make an even distribution. Ship will then depart for the Nearsouthlands to exchange trinkets for sand and, upon its return, the process laid out in this contract will start over unless further agreements have rendered it void.

Signed,
-for Dreichin Industries, M. Drechburn, Proprietor.
-

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2020, 07:58:06 am »

Signed,
-for Dreichin Industries, M. Drechburn, Proprietor.
-for Douchound Inc. B. Goldstine, Proprietor.
Spoiler: Douchound Inc. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2020, 11:30:27 pm »

Looks like they've agreed on a contract to sell. So does that mean we can get some investments into a new ship this turn?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2020, 04:41:54 am »

Did someone say investments?  Happy Crab would be Happy to help!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2020, 06:29:15 am »

So, that rather depends on whether the people who are now selling their sand receive money this turn or the next.
It's this turn. Does that change anything for anyone, or should I run the turn?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2020, 03:01:45 pm »

So, that rather depends on whether the people who are now selling their sand receive money this turn or the next.
It's this turn. Does that change anything for anyone, or should I run the turn?
I'm voting for run the turn, as I don't think any of us have enough cash to make a confident investment at this point. Others may be more reckless than I am, I suppose.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2020, 04:22:01 pm »

Good to know we get the money this turn. Updating my amounts. No further actions from myself.

Spoiler: Dreichin Industries (click to show/hide)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2020, 05:12:43 pm »

We need 12 florins for a fully loaded ship. Unless the people who just sold sand all want to buy 1 florin shares for, like, 7% or something, we're going to have to wait.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2020, 05:16:07 pm »

You could always take out a loan.

They are VERY affordable rates, far better than even Sharks And Loans rates in the original game.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2020, 05:18:26 pm »

They are VERY affordable rates, far better than even Sharks And Loans rates in the original game.
You only have four florins to loan which is still inadequate!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2020, 05:22:47 pm »

You only have four florins to loan which is still inadequate!

4 > 0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17