Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Classic  (Read 15287 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 5 more sand (and more players are still welcome)
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2020, 02:05:38 pm »

Just to make the maths transparent: Schrullige Tintenfische came back and we made 550 Pfennigs. 210 were used for trinkets, leaving us with 340 to split 4 ways for 85 Pfennigs, or 8 groschen and 5 pfennigs, each.

For now, I'm interested in atleast 20% in a ship, which I cannot afford. However, if you guys end up needing just 10 to 15% to finish the ship, I'll pitch in this turn. Would happily put in 2 florins for 20% of a lumbermill though.

Spoiler: Dreichin Industries (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Classic
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2020, 03:26:18 pm »

A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor, seeks partners in or loans toward the construction of a new lumberyard.
This remains true.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2020, 04:23:23 pm »

Arright, I'll write up the contract, and see who else bites.

Quote from: Purchase of the Lumber Yard 'Dochen Holz'
We, the undersigned will own a percentage of shares of the Lumberyard, 'Dochen Holz', according to our initial investments. The lumber will be sold to the market at prevailing prices, the upkeep deducted from the sales and the profits then distributed, according to shares held, to the shareholders. Any change in the operation of the Lumberyard must have atleast a 75% agreement between shareholders.

- Dreichin Industries (2 Florins for 20%)
-

I hate doing names, cos I suck doing them. But you're stuck with this one, until a vote is made to change the name to something else. :P

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2020, 04:51:54 pm »

@Happy Crab Enterprises: I would be interested in taking a 2 florin loan to invest in the 'Dochen Holz' lumber Yard.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 3 a ship comes into port
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2020, 04:52:56 pm »

A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor, seeks a loan from Happy Crab, LLC.
Happy Crab Loan

Happy Crab (henceforth referred to as the "lender") will transfer 2 Florins to Schicklgruber und Söhne (henceforth referred to as the "borrower") at the time of signing.

The borrower agrees to repay the loan in a reasonably timely manner, paying the owed amount to the lender within the time specified.  The borrower will repay a minimum of 25% the loan amount (rounded up) to the lender per turn, except for the first two turns following the signing of this contract, during which time repayments obligations are waived.  The owed amount will increase by 10% of the remaining principle per-turn, rounded up, starting the turn after the contract is signed and occurring at the start of the turn.  Payments will pay down the principle first, with any remainder paying off the interest.  The entirety of the loan must be repaid in full before 7 turns following the signing of this contract.

Should the borrower miss or short any owed payment, the lender is within their rights to demand immediate repayment in full.

Signed:
> Lender:
> Borrower: for Schicklgruber und Söhne, A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2020, 06:30:13 pm »

Spoiler: Happy Crab LLC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 04:40:46 pm by evictedSaint »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2020, 10:52:36 pm »

We, the undersigned will own a percentage of shares of the Lumberyard, 'Dochen Holz', according to our initial investments. The lumber will be sold to the market at prevailing prices, the upkeep deducted from the sales and the profits then distributed, according to shares held, to the shareholders. Any change in the operation of the Lumberyard must have atleast a 75% agreement between shareholders.

- Happy Crab LLC (3 Florins for 30%)
- Stürn und Tochter (2 Florins for 20%)
-

Spoiler: Stürn und Tochter (click to show/hide)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2020, 12:51:43 am »

I've got to invest in something soon, but I'd honestly rather a ship, or in light of rising trinket prices, possibly a glassblower's shop. I'll run some math though.

It seems a ship + 10 trinkets will currently cost 12 Florins, 3 Groschen. A stake of, oh 25%, should return... 10 loads of sand, 5.5 florins, in 2 months is 2.25 florins per month, times the 25% share is about 0.56 florins per months, so a return in 6 months (more like 8 with living expenses). Of course, the real appeal is sending it somewhere more profitable when that's discovered.

The lumberyard operates without overhead and makes... well, about the same. 2.5 florins per turn, before lumber prices go down. And if they do that too much, you can't change what the lumberyard produces.

At current prices, a glassblower's shop makes 2.52 Florins per turn, while paying 0.55 florins, so it's not worth it right away.

You know what though? At this rate the lumber yard's probably getting built before I can change anyone's mind so I'm just gonna buy in.

- Happy Crab LLC (3 Florins for 30%)
- Stürn und Tochter (2 Florins for 20%)
- Krieg und Frieden (3 Florins for 30%)

Spoiler: Krieg und Frieden (click to show/hide)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2020, 02:08:17 am »

Given the new development of an anticipated source of cheap wood, A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor, seeks partners in a future shipyard venture instead.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2020, 06:05:18 am »

Posting to up date my thing.
Spoiler: Douchound Inc. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2020, 01:24:24 pm »

My math tells me that a lumberyard makes 2.5 florins a turn, minus 1 for upkeep for 1.5 profit a turn. Sand coming in at 5.5 currently, minus 2.1 for trinkets, leaves 3.4 profit every two turns, or 1.7 a turn. (I was expecting it to function like the original where it was 2 turns roundtrip and then 1 turn in the docks. The fact it really is 2 turns turnover makes a big difference). Yeah, that means it's a little more profitable even now, but it also costs more just to get started, since it also includes the trinket cost to buy the ship. I wanted a higher percentage than I could afford for a ship, so went with a lumberyard.

A plus is if the lumberyard does help decrease wood prices, then the ship prices ALSO go down, which will hopefully aid my next ship investment. And another plus: with a lumberyard, I no longer need to worry about living expenses, as its per turn. YES, I didn't really need to before, but it was playing on my mind :P

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2020, 02:02:13 pm »

Ship prices will not go down, ship costs will (for a ship yard.)
The fluff is that the old king had some ships already built and the new government is selling them off for 10 florins apiece, since a standing navy is un-libertarian. It's unclear why they just gave a ship to Forscher (doing things for the benefit of one's country is also un-libertarian) but they had a spare one and he promised to return it, so I guess it all works out.  :P

Also, you can expect next turn tomorrow, so if there's anything else you want to do now is the time.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 6
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2020, 03:29:43 am »

Turn 6
TURNTURNTURN

Verkenning Geest comes into port with news about a new land to the west called Aloysius Shores. The land is so rich in exotic yellow fruit, that the locals use it as a unit of measurement. The small amount brought back quickly becomes a sought after delicacy. Quest: The first unit brought back will sell for triple price!

In other news, local artisans set up a bottling workshop slightly raising the demand on sand.

Finally a new Lumberyard by the name of Dochen Holz is opened and will produce 5 units of lumber per turn. It will be immediately sold on the market as per agreement.

Market
  • Lumber: 5 Groschen / Unit
  • Trinkets: 2 Groschen 1 pfennig / Unit
  • Sand: 6 Groschen / Unit
  • Bananas (None available): 8 Groschen / Unit
  • Ships (while supplies last): 10 Florins / Ship

Publicly Known Destinations
  • Home (Lumber): you are here
  • Nearsouthlands (Sand): 2 months travel
  • Aloysius Shores (Bananas): 3 months travel

Ships in port
  • Verkenning Geest

Current Voyages
  • Schrullige Tintenfische set sail for Nearsouthlands on turn 5, expected to return on turn 7 with a load of sand

Enterprises
  • Dochen Holz: produces 5 Lumber. Upkeep: 1 florin
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 6 is bananas! (come join us)
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2020, 03:48:53 am »

Did Dochen Holz produce Logs/cost revenue the turn it was bought?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 6 is bananas! (come join us)
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2020, 04:37:43 am »

Well it was bought on turn 5 and it's now turn 6. So it produced 5 logs by now. (And sold them at a 1.5 florin profit.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17