Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Classic  (Read 15290 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 3 a ship comes into port
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2020, 06:52:42 am »

Quote from: Weird Squid Bananerekalibrierung
The contract Weird Squid ausladentvertrag (hereinafter contract) controlling the Schrullige Tintenfische (hereinafter ship) is hereby amended, to take effect after the current load of cargo occupying ship has been disbursed upon its next return to port. All references in contract to "Nearsouthlands" shall be replaced with "Aloysius Shores" and all references in contract to "sand" shall be replaced with "bananas". This amendment shall remain effective for one departure and return of ship, after which contract resumes its original text, unless this amendment has been made permanent or otherwise extended through further agreements.

Signed,
-for A. Schicklgruber und Söhne, A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor.
-
-
-

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 6 is bananas! (come join us)
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2020, 06:58:46 am »

The contract Weird Squid ausladentvertrag (hereinafter contract) controlling the Schrullige Tintenfische (hereinafter ship) is hereby amended, to take effect after the current load of cargo occupying ship has been disbursed upon its next return to port. All references in contract to "Nearsouthlands" shall be replaced with "Aloysius Shores" and all references in contract to "sand" shall be replaced with "bananas". This amendment shall remain effective for one departure and return of ship, after which contract resumes its original text, unless this amendment has been made permanent or otherwise extended through further agreements.

Signed,
-for Douchound Inc. B. Goldstine, Proprietor.
-
-
Spoiler: Douchound Inc. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2020, 07:54:04 am »

A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor, has also drafted a separate, possibly more controversial agreement which he presents before his partners.
Quote from: Weird Squid einheitlicheraktienmarktbildungsvertrag
The below-signed co-owners of the Schrullige Tintenfische (hereinafter constituent members) hereby form a corporate body, to be designated Einheitlicher Schrullige-Tintenfische-Aktienmarkt (hereinafter market), charged with the sale of shares of profit in Schrullige Tintenfische ventures. Such shares shall represent transferable and divisible non-voting ongoing entitlement of the holder to a defined portion of future profit returned by said ventures which would otherwise accrue contractually to constituent members. Authority to draft and sign contracts for market shall be vested in the person of signatory A. Schicklgruber by common consent of the signatories; however, no contract to which market is a signatory shall be effective if any of the four constituent members raises objection. Furthermore, the following shall be absolute regulations upon the actions of market unless amended by future agreements signed by all constituent members:
  • market shall disburse no funds not set aside for the purpose by contract, except in the form of distribution of profit from ventures to shareholders in accordance with the above definition of shares
  • market shall accept monetary compensation for any transaction only in multiples of four (4) Pfennigs
  • all monetary compensation received by market for any transaction shall immediately be divided into four parts corresponding to the four constituent members, each of which shall be transferred directly into the accounts of the corresponding constituent member
  • market shall issue each offered share to the highest bidder for that share after a reasonable bidding period
  • market shall never offer shares such that the total outstanding shares for which market is liable exceed fifty (50) per centum in their collective portion of entitlement as defined above

Signed,
-
-
-
"This should not necessarily be considered the final draft; I simply seek comments for now. It seems prudent to establish the framework of a unified share market to raise capital, though I see no need to issue shares immediately."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 5 more sand (and more players are still welcome)
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2020, 02:11:38 pm »

Yeah, I sure forgot about maintenance when I did my math earlier. >.>

As pleasant as the Florins, Groshcen, and Pfennigs are to the tongue, Krieg und Frieden is nothing if not efficient and forward thinking. Rather than stating the income of Dochen Holz (and other amounts of money) as, say, One Florin and Five Groschen, I shall use the new advanced and modern notation of ₣1.50. For those of us who are not of fine stock but are instead uplifted peasants, a notation such as F1.50 will also be accepted on Krieg und Frieden paperwork. This makes my share of the lumber sales ₣1.50 x 0.30 = ₣0.45. Less expenses of ₣0.10, my income for this turn is ₣0.35. Unfortunately, this means I am not in a position for further investiture.

Spoiler: Krieg und Frieden (click to show/hide)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2020, 02:57:09 pm »

Spoiler: Stürn und Tochter (click to show/hide)

Signed,
-for Douchound Inc. B. Goldstine, Proprietor.
-for Stürn und Tochter, M. Stürn, Proprietor.
-

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2020, 03:14:43 pm »

Signed,
-for Douchound Inc. B. Goldstine, Proprietor.
-for Stürn und Tochter, M. Stürn, Proprietor.
-for Dreichin Industries, M Drechburn, Proprietor

Spoiler: Dreichin Industries (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 5 more sand (and more players are still welcome)
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2020, 04:41:05 pm »

Spoiler: Happy Crab LLC (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2020, 04:52:54 pm »

With Banana's on the horizon, Happy Crab LLC is willing to buy 10% ownership of the Dochen Holz lumber mill at 0.90 Florins.  Would anyone (DI, SuT, KuT) be interested in selling? It would certainly free up some assets for a more profitable route
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 04:59:27 pm by evictedSaint »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2020, 03:45:04 pm »

Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2020, 02:04:26 am »

I think he wants more money for it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2020, 02:51:35 am »

1) I cant afford 1.2
2) It's only profitable for you at 1 or greater
3) At 0.9 you still turned a profit on the lumber mill
4) I'm offering to liquidize your assets to afford a venture more profitable than the one I'm buying. I need a cut, too.
5) If you think 1.2 is fair, then I'll sell you my shares at that rate.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 02:53:23 am by evictedSaint »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 7
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2020, 03:20:13 am »

Turn 7
TURNTURNTURN

Time passes but Schrullige Tintenfische is nowhere to be seen. Could something have happened to it?

Market
  • Lumber: 4 Groschen 9 pfennigs / Unit
  • Trinkets: 2 Groschen 1 pfennig / Unit
  • Sand: 6 Groschen / Unit
  • Bananas (None available): 8 Groschen / Unit
  • Ships (while supplies last): 10 Florins / Ship

Publicly Known Destinations
  • Home (Lumber): you are here
  • Nearsouthlands (Sand): 2 months travel
  • Aloysius Shores (Bananas): 3 months travel

Ships in port
  • Verkenning Geest

Current Voyages
  • Schrullige Tintenfische set sail for Nearsouthlands on turn 5, was expected to return on turn 7 with a load of sand

Enterprises
  • Dochen Holz: produces 5 Lumber. Upkeep: 1 florin
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 7 Where in the world is Schrullige Tintenfisch?
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2020, 05:25:33 am »

A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor, continues to seek loans or partners for the purchase of a sailing vessel.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 7 Where in the world is Schrullige Tintenfisch?
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2020, 05:56:51 am »

I'd be intrested in investing in another boat.
Spoiler: Douchound Inc. (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17