Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Classic  (Read 15331 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 7 Where in the world is Schrullige Tintenfisch?
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2020, 08:31:44 am »

Just updating my sheet. Hoping the Schrullige Tintenfische comes back. I don't have the funds to support anything else right now.

Spoiler: Stürn und Tochter (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 5 more sand (and more players are still welcome)
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2020, 12:40:31 pm »

I am still willing to purchase the Lumber Mill assets at 0.9 per 10%, but if there are no takers I'll invest in a new ship with Zoltan.

Spoiler: Happy Crab LLC (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 8
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2020, 09:53:41 am »

Turn 8
TURNTURNTURN

Schrullige Tintenfische finally comes into port safe and sound, it seems they have run into a period of calm seas and were simply delayed.

Market
  • Lumber: 4 Groschen 8 pfennigs / Unit
  • Trinkets: 2 Groschen 1 pfennig / Unit
  • Sand: 6 Groschen / Unit
  • Bananas (None available): 8 Groschen / Unit
  • Ships (while supplies last): 10 Florins / Ship

Publicly Known Destinations
  • Home (Lumber): you are here
  • Nearsouthlands (Sand): 2 months travel
  • Aloysius Shores (Bananas): 3 months travel

Ships in port
  • Verkenning Geest
  • Schrullige Tintenfische

Enterprises
  • Dochen Holz: produces 5 Lumber. Upkeep: 1 florin
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 09:55:22 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 8 return of the Titenfische
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2020, 10:30:09 am »

Looks like I missed a turn!

Turn 7- Dochen Holz produces 5 lumber x ₣0.49 = ₣2.45
Turn 8- Dochen Holz produces 5 lumber x ₣0.48 = ₣2.40
Less 2 turns upkeep, that's ₣2.85 x 30% shares = ₣0.855

So I take ₣0.85 and a couple pfennigs remain undistributed in a Dochen Holz account, we can do the auditing later.

Spoiler: Krieg und Frieden (click to show/hide)

Once again a new ship+trinkets is ₣12.10 which... no longer divides so nicely into 5% shares, but I can afford a 10% (or 12.5%) share anyway. So, if someone draws up a new ship contract I'll go in for a little bit. I'm still not sure if there's enough wealth between us after building the lumber yard. Otherwise I'll just keep waiting; no need to sell shares until there's a big investment proposition.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2020, 01:18:53 pm »

Indeed, missed a turn myself. Glad to see Schrullige Tintenfische's return. Let's see how much money I've made (mwahaha, er, ehem!)

Spoiler: Turn 7 shenanigans (click to show/hide)

Schrullige Tintenfische's calcs:
6 Florins, minus 2.1 equals 3.9 florins. Divide that 4 ways.
This leaves everyone with 0.97 florins with 2 pfennigs leftover. If I've got anything wrong, let me know.

Spoiler: Dreichin Industries (click to show/hide)

In terms of Dochen Holz, the two with 30% shares will be due 1 pfennig each. We have 1 pfennig leftover in the Dochen Holz account.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 7 Where in the world is Schrullige Tintenfisch?
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2020, 01:44:38 pm »

Lessee, 0.97 florins from the Schullige Tintenfische, plus 0.28 florins from Dochen Holz,  minus 0.1 florins in personal upkeep.

I would be interested in investing in a Woodcarving Workshop, to make the most of the rising Trinket price and lowering Lumber.

Spoiler: Stürn und Tochter (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 5 more sand (and more players are still welcome)
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2020, 03:27:18 pm »

I am still willing to purchase the Lumber Mill assets at 0.9 per 10%, but if there are no takers I'll invest in a new ship.

Spoiler: Happy Crab LLC (click to show/hide)

Simplifying the math a bit:
5 Lumber × 0.48 Florins = 2.4 Florins.
2.4 Florins - 1 Upkeep = 1.4 Profit
1.4 Profit × 0.3 (my percentage) = 0.42 Florins.

I am willing to purchase additional shares of the Lumber Mill at 0.9 Florins each.
I am willing to sell my shares of the Lumber Mill at 0.9 Florins each.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 03:34:04 pm by evictedSaint »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2020, 07:46:02 am »

A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor, observing demand for the establishment of a woodworking shop, presents the following contracts for public perusal:

Quote from: der Erstelandesweitschreinereivertrag
The following three corporate bodies (hereinafter collectively clubs) are hereby founded, to wit, the Erstelandesweitschreinerei Kleinaktionärsverein, the Erstelandesweitschreinerei Großaktionärsverein, and the Erstelandesweitschreinerei Größtenaktionärsverein. Clubs shall in turn form a composite body to be named Erste Landesweit Schreinerei, hereinafter company. Each share of each successive club in the order in which they have been declared shall entitle its holder to one (1), two (2), or four (4) voting shares in company; that is to say, the first such club entitles its shareholders to one voting share in company each, and every subsequent such club entitles its shareholders to twice as many voting shares in company as the preceding. No more than ten (10) voting shares in company shall exist at any time, and any apparent purchase of shares in clubs which would imply the existence of such excess shares shall be void. The purpose of company shall be to purchase, hold, and administer one or more Woodcarver's Workshops for the benefit of the members of clubs.

To this end, funds shall be raised in a joint account of company, by the sale of shares of membership in clubs, until ten (10) Florins have so accumulated; whereupon company shall immediately purchase a single Woodcarver's Workshop, to be designated E. L. S. Werkstatt Eins. Further funds may be invested into this joint account, by members of clubs or others, upon discretion, but such deposition shall not affect the ownership structure of clubs or of company, but shall be regarded as a donation. Furthermore, if by such investment company should accumulate funds sufficient to purchase additional Woodcarver's Workshops, such workshops shall be purchased immediately, and designated according to the joint decision of members of clubs.

The management of all Workshops held by company under this contract shall be defined thus, unless amended by additional contracts:
  • Units of lumber may at any time be donated to company by any party.
  • Every unit of lumber which should come into the possession of company shall immediately be distributed to an available Woodcarver's Workshop owned by company, or, if it is impossible for such distribution to take place immediately, it shall instead be so distributed as soon as practicable.
  • Units of lumber distributed to such Workshops shall immediately, or as soon as practicable, be rendered into trinkets by the ordinary operation of such Workshop.
  • Trinkets so produced by company shall then be distributed among the shareholders of company in proportion to their shares; as trinkets are known to be produced in batches of ten (10), no allowances for imperfect distribution are believed to be necessary.
  • If company should ever by any means come into possession of resources other than lumber or trinkets, or of trinkets not produced by company workshops or otherwise held in quantity not evenly divisible by ten (10), such resources shall be held under the accounts of company until a sufficient quantity of each particular resource has accumulated that it may be distributed among the shareholders of company in proportion to their shares, or else removed to any other location by the assenting vote of no fewer than eight (8) voting shares of company, a sum of such shares hereinafter designated supermajority.

The amendment of any part of the contractual language governing company shall be effected by further contract by the unanimous agreement of members of clubs, or, where unanimous agreement is not to be found, by the agreement of a supermajority of voting shares.

A single legal person may be a member of all three, or any combination of, clubs simultaneously; however, if any single legal person should simultaneously hold two shares of membership in Erstelandesweitschreinerei Kleinaktionärsverein or in Erstelandesweitschreinerei Großaktionärsverein at any time, such shares shall immediately, automatically, and without appeal be foreclosed and replaced with a single share of membership in Erstelandesweitschreinerei Großaktionärsverein or in Erstelandesweitschreinerei Größtenaktionärsverein respectively, a process hereinafter to be called upgrading. That is to say, shares of membership in each club in the order already described represent one (1), two (2), and four (4) shares of company respectively, and shares of company held by any legal person shall always take the form of the minimal total number of shares of clubs representing the same number. It is held unnecessary to make allowances for larger shares of company, as any individual holder of more shares of company than the sum of a single share of each club represents would of necessity possess a supermajority of voting rights in company and may reform this system however desired.

Purchase of shares of clubs shall be contracted separately for each club, except that shares of Erstelandesweitschreinerei Größtenaktionärsverein will not be made available for direct purchase but can only be obtained through the aforesaid upgrading mechanism, it having been determined that the price of such shares would exceed the budget of any party known to be able to purchase them at the issuance of this contract.

All signatories to contracts establishing initial purchase of shares of membership in clubs must sign this contract as well, or such purchase shall be considered void for that party.

Should the accounts of Erste Landesweit Schreinerei be found unable to accumulate ten (10) Florins as required for the operation of der Erstelandesweitschreinereivertrag after the passage of one month's time, the enterprise shall be considered to have failed, all contracts and corporate bodies pursuant to said enterprise shall be dissolved, and all funds transferred to such accounts under such contracts shall be returned.

Signed,
- for A. Schicklgruber und Söhne, A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor.
sufficient additional blank lines are provided for any reasonable number of signatories
Quote from: Erstelandesweitschreinereiskleinaktionärsvereinsvertrag
Signatories to this contract shall each immediately transfer one (1) Florin to the accounts of Erste Landesweit Schreinerei. In exchange, signatories shall each receive one (1) transferable share in the Erstelandesweitschreinerei Kleinaktionärsverein. However, such exchange shall be considered void unless the aforesaid signatory is also a signatory of the contract designated der Erstelandesweitschreinereivertrag, or if ten (10) shares in the Erstelandesweitschreinerei Kleinaktionärsverein, five (5) shares in the Erstelandesweitschreinerei Großaktionärsverein, or any combination of shares summing ten (10) with Erstelandesweitschreinerei Großaktionärsverein shares counted double, have already been so purchased, or if the aforesaid signatory is unable to transfer one (1) Florin as required, upon the settling of accounts. Such exchanges are considered to take place instantaneously upon signing, provided the requirements are met and the signatory is in fact able to so transfer. Furthermore, no party shall be permitted to perform such exchange a second or additional time, though there are no such restrictions upon contracting separately for the transfer of such shares.

Should the accounts of Erste Landesweit Schreinerei be found unable to accumulate ten (10) Florins as required for the operation of der Erstelandesweitschreinereivertrag after the passage of one month's time, the enterprise shall be considered to have failed, all contracts and corporate bodies pursuant to said enterprise shall be dissolved, and all funds transferred to such accounts under such contracts shall be returned.

Signed,
many blank lines have been provided for use of the signatories
Quote from: Erstelandesweitschreinereisgroßaktionärsvereinsvertrag
Signatories to this contract shall each immediately transfer two (2) Florins to the accounts of Erste Landesweit Schreinerei. In exchange, signatories shall each receive one (1) transferable share in the Erstelandesweitschreinerei Großaktionärsverein. However, such exchange shall be considered void unless the aforesaid signatory is also a signatory of the contract designated der Erstelandesweitschreinereivertrag, or if ten (10) shares in the Erstelandesweitschreinerei Kleinaktionärsverein, five (5) shares in the Erstelandesweitschreinerei Großaktionärsverein, or any combination of shares summing ten (10) with Erstelandesweitschreinerei Großaktionärsverein shares counted double, have already been so purchased, or if the aforesaid signatory is unable to transfer one (1) Florin as required, upon the settling of accounts. Such exchanges are considered to take place instantaneously upon signing, provided the requirements are met and the signatory is in fact able to so transfer. Furthermore, no party shall be permitted to perform such exchange a second or additional time, though there are no such restrictions upon contracting separately for the transfer of such shares.

Signed,
- for A. Schicklgruber und Söhne, A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor.
sufficient additional blank lines are provided for any reasonable number of signatories

In the interest of the conservation of the island's paper resources, A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor, proposes that any (bolded) statement to the effect of, 'Such-and-such signs this-or-that-contract', shall be understood to effectuate a signing of this-or-that-contract, provided Such-and-such is indeed capable of so signing, without requiring the complete repetition of contractual verbiage. A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor, volunteers to perform the basic maintenance of counting and entering the names of signatories for contracts of his own proposition.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2020, 08:30:47 am »

Up dating my thing. Fixed I suck at this apparently.
Spoiler: Douchound Inc. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 06:00:38 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2020, 09:06:13 am »

Funds: 3 Florin, 3 Groschen, 2 Pfennings
I am utterly at a loss for how you could have this amount. As far as I can tell, your income and expenditures have tracked mine exactly, since we both donated to the explorer guy, yes? If this is so, then you have pulled eight Groschen out of the air somehow. It looks like you may have done the accounting for the ship in the turn when the ship did not actually appear?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 6 is bananas! (come join us)
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2020, 09:19:55 am »

Yup. You seemed to have gained 9 groschen on turn 7 that didn't come from anywhere.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2020, 10:14:11 am »

Yet he also seems to be missing a groschen that disappeared around turn 4, when I have 1/1/0 recorded and he has 1/0/0. Since he, like me, had 0/2/0 the turn before and it APPEARS that 1 florin should have been distributed from the ship that turn, I do think I'm right there too.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2020, 01:24:31 pm »

The proprietor of Rijke Reizen Enterprises is back, having been on an extensive gossip-gathering fact-finding mission in the capital city. He considers starting a gossip magazine newspaper, but unfortunately paper is not in sufficient supply yet.

Since I registered my company after turn 2, and now is after turn 8, my expenses should have been 6 groschen, against the starting 4 florins.

I don't think a woodcarver workshop is worth it at this stage. The whole enterprise makes (0.21 * 10) - (0.48 + 1) = 0.62 florins of profit per turn at current prices, or a mere 6.2 pfennigs of profit per 10% share, with which each share costing 1 florin would take way too long to pay itself back. Question for a1s: for those enterprises which require material input (shipyard, woodcarver's workshop and glassblower's workshop), do we need to purchase an initial load of input, much like an initial load of trinkets for the ship?

I propose buying a new ship and sending it to the Nearsouthlands instead. I know Aloysius Shores is the more profitable destination right now, but only marginally (5.9 florins/3 turns vs 3.9 florins/2 turns), and since the Schrullige Tintenfische is heading there now, sending a second ship will only depress the price of bananas further (unless we sacrifice a pig to the wind gods or something to sail faster and return first).

Quote from: Contract for the Merchant Vessel Zuverlässiger Schwertfisch
The following is a contract for the purchase of a merchant vessel, the 'Zuverlässiger Schwertfisch', and an initial load of 10 trinkets, which should cost 12 florins and 1 groschen. The ship will be taken to the Nearsouthlands for trade in sand.

There will be 10 shares, and each of the undersigned parties will contribute 1 florin, 2 groschen and 1 pfennig for 1 share, or correspondingly more for more shares. Once all 10 shares are accounted for, the purchase of the vessel will occur, followed by its operation.
-Rijke Reizen Enterprises (2 shares)

Normal operation of the Zuverlässiger Schwertfisch will be as such: sail to the Nearsouthlands, trade all trinkets for sand, and return to the Republic. On its return to port, the 10 units of sand will be sold at current market prices, and another 10 units of trinkets purchased. The surplus funds will be considered profit, and be distributed to the shareholders at 10% of the profit per share held. In the event that the profit is not evenly divisible by 10, it will be rounded down to the nearest divisible amount, and the excess held in the Schwertfisch account until such time as another excess renders it divisible by 10, whereupon it shall be distributed.

Any amendments to the normal operation will require the agreement of the shareholders of at least 6 shares.

Only 1 florin, 2 groschen and 1 pfenning per share, come get yours now!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 01:36:41 pm by Cnidaros »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2020, 02:03:14 pm »

Welcome back.
Question for a1s: for those enterprises which require material input (shipyard, woodcarver's workshop and glassblower's workshop), do we need to purchase an initial load of input, much like an initial load of trinkets for the ship?
Yes.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 04:13:02 pm by a1s »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2020, 06:08:09 pm »

Quote from: New Ship Contract

The undersigned do hereby agree to charter a new ship, henceforth known as the Jolly Crustacean.  

The undersigned agree to maintain ownership proportional to their starting investment for a total of 12 Florins, which amount will be used to purchase the ship and a load of Trinkets for its maiden voyage.

After returning home, the cargo aboard the Jolly Crustacean will be automatically sold.  The profits will automatically used to purchase a new load of Trinkets, at which point the ship will set sail again.  The remaining Florins will be automatically divided among the Undersigned proportional to their investment.

Decisions involving the Jolly Crustacean may be resolved with a greater than 50% vote, wherein each of the Undersigned may submit a vote proportional to their investment.  The only exception is that this decision making process may not affect the "mandatory uniform clause" below, nor attempt to circumvent it in any way.

In order to improve moral and build crew unity, all crew members aboard the Jolly Crustacean will be required to wear a crab-themed uniform which must be worn while on duty.  Uniform maintenance will be deducted from the ships profits automatically.

The Undersigned:
-
-
-

I should have >2 Florins next turn, if people want to buy a ship without a novel-length contract.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 12:09:15 am by evictedSaint »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17