Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Classic  (Read 14950 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 8 return of the Titenfische
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2020, 11:59:17 pm »

Keep in mind that with current trinket prices, it's an extra groschen to start out. Similarly the contract should allow flexibility in the price of purchasing loads of trinkets later, otherwise as it's currently written the ship is going to leave port loaded with 9 trinkets whenever the price of trinkets is high.

Krieg und Frieden may be willing to... overlook the other irregular parts of this contract.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2020, 12:10:05 am »

Keep in mind that with current trinket prices, it's an extra groschen to start out. Similarly the contract should allow flexibility in the price of purchasing loads of trinkets later, otherwise as it's currently written the ship is going to leave port loaded with 9 trinkets whenever the price of trinkets is high.

Krieg und Frieden may be willing to... overlook the other irregular parts of this contract.

Or you could get in on a contract which already accounts for that!

Quote from: Contract for the Merchant Vessel Zuverlässiger Schwertfisch
The following is a contract for the purchase of a merchant vessel, the 'Zuverlässiger Schwertfisch', and an initial load of 10 trinkets, which should cost 12 florins and 1 groschen. The ship will be taken to the Nearsouthlands for trade in sand.

There will be 10 shares, and each of the undersigned parties will contribute 1 florin, 2 groschen and 1 pfennig for 1 share, or correspondingly more for more shares. Once all 10 shares are accounted for, the purchase of the vessel will occur, followed by its operation.
-Rijke Reizen Enterprises (2 shares)

Normal operation of the Zuverlässiger Schwertfisch will be as such: sail to the Nearsouthlands, trade all trinkets for sand, and return to the Republic. On its return to port, the 10 units of sand will be sold at current market prices, and another 10 units of trinkets purchased, and the ship will set sail to the Nearsouthlands again. The surplus funds will be considered profit, and be distributed to the shareholders at 10% of the profit per share held. In the event that the profit is not evenly divisible by 10, it will be rounded down to the nearest divisible amount, and the excess held in the Schwertfisch account until such time as another excess renders it divisible by 10, whereupon it shall be distributed.

Any amendments to the normal operation will require the agreement of the shareholders of at least 6 shares.

Only 1 florin, 2 groschen and 1 pfenning per share, or ₣1.21 in Krieg und Frieden notation.

By the way, evictedSaint, I'd be willing to buy a 10% share in the Dochen Holz lumberyard to secure for myself a regular income source. The only problem is that if the ship contract goes through, I'll be left with ₣0.98, and since I don't know if living expenses come before lumberyard dividends, I might end up bankrupting myself. I'll be willing to purchase a 10% share in Dochen Holz at ₣0.88 instead of ₣0.90. As a bonus, if you sell to me at that price, you'll have enough for TWO shares in the above ship!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2020, 12:10:23 am »

Happy Crab LLC has adjusted the contract accordingly.  The extra Grochen for a full load will be handled when the contract is full.  I'll probably cover it free of charge.

@cnid: alright, let's see next turn
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 01:03:05 am by evictedSaint »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2020, 06:08:31 am »

I am utterly at a loss for how you could have this amount.
I have no idea I probably fucked up somewhere, as to where that was I have no idea, hopefully I have it fixed now.

Spoiler: Douchound Inc. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 9
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2020, 07:46:00 am »

Turn 9
TURNTURNTURN

Schrullige Tintenfische departs for Aloysius Shores for the first time for some sweet bananas.

Market
  • Lumber: 4 Groschen 7 pfennigs / Unit
  • Trinkets: 2 Groschen 2 pfennigs / Unit
  • Sand: 6 Groschen / Unit
  • Bananas (None available): 8 Groschen / Unit
  • Ships (while supplies last): 10 Florins / Ship

Publicly Known Destinations
  • Home (Lumber): you are here
  • Nearsouthlands (Sand): 2 months travel
  • Aloysius Shores (Bananas): 3 months travel

Ships in port
  • Verkenning Geest

Current Voyages:
  • Schrullige Tintenfische departed on turn 8 for Aloysius Shores, expected to return on turn 11 with a load of bananas

Enterprises
  • Dochen Holz: produces 5 Lumber. Upkeep: 1 florin
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2020, 09:51:12 am »

Does no one want to invest a new ship? :(

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 7 Where in the world is Schrullige Tintenfisch?
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2020, 11:41:27 am »

More maths whilst I sit on my hands.

Dovhen Holz yields 1 Florins, 3 Groschen, 5 Pfennigs after upkeep. 20% share is 2 Groschen,  7 Pfennigs. Minus 1 Groschen of personal expenses, gives me 1 Groschen,  7 Pfennigs income.

Spoiler: Stürn und Tochter (click to show/hide)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2020, 12:09:48 pm »

Turn 9- Dochen Holz produces 5 lumber x ₣0.47 = ₣2.35 -₣1.00 = ₣1.35
₣1.35 x 30% = ₣0.405 (I'll take my extra half-pfennig from turn 7 to make this ₣0.41)

Spoiler: Krieg und Frieden (click to show/hide)

I've now got 2 florins to invest somewhere. So I can afford 10% of a ship (and I do think that the splitting of profits into 10 shares is logical because the ship will usually be buying or selling 10 units of something) but it'll be 2 turns before I can afford 20% unless I sell some Dochen Holz shares (which I'm willing to do if there's enough money to start up a ship THIS turn).

Edited: unnecessary quote box
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 01:43:59 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 5 more sand (and more players are still welcome)
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2020, 12:44:42 pm »

Spoiler: Happy Crab LLC (click to show/hide)

Likewise.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 12:47:38 pm by evictedSaint »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2020, 07:26:12 am »

I also have 2 Florins that could go into a ship.

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2020, 03:00:18 pm »

We'll make things official next turn

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 10
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2020, 04:38:03 am »

Turn 10
TURNTURNTURN

Election Season! There are two main parties- Plutocratischepartij and Kaufmannspartij. By contributing to their election campaign you can earn 3 favor per florin, but only if they win. Ours being a rather clone knit community, you should only contribute to one party (or you can try to contribute to both in secret, but the winner won't be happy if they find out.)

Market
  • Lumber: 4 Groschen 6 pfennigs / Unit
  • Trinkets: 2 Groschen 2 pfennigs / Unit
  • Sand: 6 Groschen / Unit
  • Bananas (None available): 8 Groschen / Unit
  • Ships (while supplies last): 10 Florins / Ship

Publicly Known Destinations
  • Home (Lumber): you are here
  • Nearsouthlands (Sand): 2 months travel
  • Aloysius Shores (Bananas): 3 months travel

Ships in port
  • Verkenning Geest

Current Voyages:
  • Schrullige Tintenfische departed on turn 8 for Aloysius Shores, expected to return on turn 11 with a load of bananas

Enterprises
  • Dochen Holz: produces 5 Lumber. Upkeep: 1 florin
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Classic
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2020, 08:20:11 am »

I shan't be funding ether side as I'm moderate I need to save my money for better things another ship to bring more goods to enrich our homeland with.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2020, 10:33:38 am »

So I'm guessing the previous offer was too complicated? Well, at this point it looks like we don't have to worry about differently-sized shares because everyone has got two florins, I think? Managing that was the whole point of the "clubs" thing. So how about this instead...

Quote from: Feierbootvertrag
A maximum of five (5) signatories shall each contribute two (2) Florins toward the joint purchase of a ship, to be named the Feierboot. At any time, any parties, whether signatories or not, may contribute funds to the corporate account of Feierboot. Whenever Feierboot has accumulated sufficient funds to purchase a full load of trinkets at the Home market, it shall depart for a destination specified by vote in a process to be laid out later in this contract, where it shall exchange its entire load of trinkets for whatever product may be purchased at that destination and return. Upon the Feierboot's return, each signatory to this contract will be entitled to two (2) units of the purchased product, to be disposed of at pleasure. Feierboot will then resume waiting for funds to purchase another load of trinkets, or depart immediately if already able.

Upon the successful purchase of Feierboot under this contract, signatories shall immediately vote on its first destination, to be determined by a simple majority of votes. For this first vote, the choice shall be between Nearsouthlands and Aloysius Shores, and if neither option receives a simple majority of signatory votes due to abstentions or any other reason, whichever option receives the most votes will be chosen, or, if neither option receives more votes, the first destination shall be chosen randomly. At any time thereafter, any signatory may propose a vote to change the destination, whereupon another simple-majority vote shall immediately be held. For these later votes, any signatory may nominate a destination as a choice, and if no option receives a simple majority of votes for any reason, Feierboot's destination shall not be changed. Similarly, as long as no vote is held, Feierboot's destination shall not be changed. If such vote does result in a change of Feierboot's destination, that change will take effect upon its next return to Home port.

Signed,
-for A. Schicklgruber und Söhne, A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor.
-
-
-
-
For maximum future flexibility, I have chosen not to specify rules for how we fund the expeditions or how the products shall be disposed, as you can see. It should be a simple matter to sell off your own bananas or what-have-you and contribute your fifth to the trinket fund at your own discretion.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2020, 01:12:13 pm »

I have to say it would probably be better if the contract specified who is to contribute funds for trinkets. Perhaps a liability for trinket payment should be established based on shares. I'm a turn short of being able to actually pay for 2 trinkets, but I'd be happy to take out a loan to pay back double when the ship returns.

Spoiler: Krieg und Frieden (click to show/hide)

I'll take a crack at writing a contract which is appropriate later if nobody else has. I think we should have enough money between us to get going this turn, though I haven't looked closely.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17