Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Classic  (Read 15434 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Classic
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2020, 06:26:11 am »

BTW, please note that Maxinum McDreich was last seen on turn 8 and is therefore going to be eligible for buyout next turn, so if he doesn't show up I strongly recommend we organise to divide his share between ourselves.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2020, 06:29:07 am »

Quote from: Sonstige Tintenfische
The below-signed four owners of Schrullige Tintenfische shall each pay a sum of three (3) Florins and five (5) Pfennigs toward the purchase of one (1) ship, to be designated Sonstige Tintenfische, and ten (10) trinkets to be loaded into same. Sonstige Tintenfische shall thenceforth be controlled by the same contractual language as Schrullige Tintenfische and will simply do the same thing its sister ship does at all times unless amended by further contract. The two ships and any further ships which may be added later shall collectively be referred to as die Tintenflotte.
Signed,
-for A. Schicklgruber und Söhne, A. Schicklgruber, Proprietor.
-for Douchound Inc., B. Goldstine, Proprietor.
-
-
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2020, 06:34:34 am »

Fair enough.

Quote from: New Ship Contract

The undersigned do hereby agree to charter a new ship, henceforth known as the Jolly Crustacean.  

The undersigned agree to maintain ownership proportional to their starting investment for a total of 12.2 Florins, which amount will be used to purchase the ship and a load of Trinkets for its maiden voyage.

After returning home, the cargo aboard the Jolly Crustacean will be automatically sold.  The profits will automatically used to purchase a new load of Trinkets, at which point the ship will set sail again. Alternatively, shareholders may request cargo be disbursed to their warehouse up to one item per 10% stake, but must pay for an equal number of trinkets upon doing so.  The remaining Florins will be automatically divided among the Undersigned proportional to their investment.

Decisions involving the Jolly Crustacean may be resolved with a greater than 50% vote, wherein each of the Undersigned may submit a vote proportional to their investment.  The only exception is that this decision making process may not affect the "mandatory uniform clause" below, nor attempt to circumvent it in any way.

In order to improve moral and build crew unity, all crew members aboard the Jolly Crustacean will be required to wear a crab-themed uniform which must be worn while on duty.  Uniform maintenance will be deducted from the ships profits Happy Crab LLC automatically.

The Undersigned:
- Sensei, Krieg und Frieden Proprietor (20% for ₣2.44)
- evictedSaint, Happy Crab LLC. (20% for ₣2.44)
-

60% left, if people are interested in purchasing.

@kashyyk: I'll draw up a contract here today to stage the sale of my shares of the lumber mill.

Spoiler: Happy Crab LLC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 06:37:10 am by evictedSaint »

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2020, 08:42:51 am »

Some further amendments made in green. I think they're quite common sense so I've left the existing names in, but feel free to yell at me and leave the contract if it isn't.

Quote from: Jolly Crustacean Contract

The undersigned do hereby agree to charter a new ship, henceforth known as the Jolly Crustacean.

The undersigned agree to maintain ownership proportional to their starting investment for a total of 12.2 Florins, which amount will be used to purchase the ship and a load of Trinkets for its maiden voyage.

After returning home, the cargo aboard the Jolly Crustacean will be automatically sold.  The profits will automatically used to purchase a new load of Trinkets, at which point the ship will set sail again. Alternatively, shareholders may request cargo be disbursed to their warehouse up to one item per 10% stake, but must pay for an equal number of trinkets upon doing so.  The remaining Florins will be automatically divided among the Undersigned proportional to their investment, excluding those who have requested for direct cargo disbursement.

Decisions involving the Jolly Crustacean may be resolved with a greater than 50% vote, wherein each of the Undersigned may submit a vote proportional to their investment.  The only exception is that this decision making process may not affect the "mandatory uniform clause" below, nor attempt to circumvent it in any way.

In order to improve morale and build crew unity, all crew members aboard the Jolly Crustacean will be required to wear a crab-themed uniform which must be worn while on duty.  Uniform maintenance will be deducted from the ships profits Happy Crab LLC automatically.

The Undersigned:
- Sensei, Krieg und Frieden Proprietor (20% for ₣2.44)
- evictedSaint, Happy Crab LLC. (20% for ₣2.44)
- Cnidaros, Rijke Reizen Enterprises (20% for ₣2.44)
-

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2020, 09:50:49 am »

Woops, looks like I'm only just in time. Would like to wait for a day or two to see if the others can get close to getting another ship up. If they get within 30%, I'll help get that ship out by pitching in to give the other players without shares in a ship some... well... shares in a ship. If they don't get close, though, I'll likely accept that contract for Sonstige Tintenfische.

Reminder that whilst the schrullige tintenfische made 9.6, you've got to minus 2.2 for trinkets, bringing the profit down to 7.4, which divides as 1.85 4 ways to everyone.

Spoiler: Dreichin Industries (click to show/hide)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 04, 2020, 10:08:09 am »

excluding those who have requested for direct cargo disbursement
Good thinking, I agree.

With Dreichin willing to go in for up to 30%, we only need a 10% or larger stakeholder to launch the Jolly Crustacean. I'm optimistic we can get it this turn.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2020, 11:45:38 am »

Quote from: Dochen Holz Sale
evictedSaint (henceforth known as the Seller) hereby agrees to sell his 30% shares in Dochen Holz to kashyyk (henceforth known as the Buyer) for a total of 2.7 Florins.

Starting the turn after both the Seller and Buyer sign this contract, the Seller will transfer 5% of their the shares of Dochen Holz to the Buyer per-turn, until such a time the Seller has transferred a total of 30% of said shares to the Buyer.  Upon receiving 5% of the Dochen Holz shares from the Seller, the Buyer will then transfer 0.45 Florins to the Seller.

This exchange may be postponed indefinitely at either party's discretion.  This clause may ONLY be used to prevent either party from entering a state wherein bankruptcy is inevitable as a result of the transfer.

This transfer occurs each turn prior to collecting income from and paying upkeep to Dochen Holz.

This agreement may be modified at any time with full agreement from both the Buyer and Seller.

The Undersigned:
- evictedSaint, Happy Crab LLC. (Seller)
-

edit: ignore that, i was mistaken.  everything is fine.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 11:57:01 am by evictedSaint »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2020, 01:54:10 pm »

Quote from: Dochen Holz Sale
evictedSaint (henceforth known as the Seller) hereby agrees to sell his 30% shares in Dochen Holz to Kashyyk (henceforth known as the Buyer) for a total of 2.7 Florins.

Starting the turn after both the Seller and Buyer sign this contract, the Seller will transfer 5% of their the shares of Dochen Holz to the Buyer per-turn, until such a time the Seller has transferred a total of 30% of said shares to the Buyer.  Upon receiving 5% of the Dochen Holz shares from the Seller, the Buyer will then transfer 0.45 Florins to the Seller.

This exchange may be postponed indefinitely at either party's discretion.  This clause may ONLY be used to prevent either party from entering a state wherein bankruptcy is inevitable as a result of the transfer.

This transfer occurs each turn prior to collecting income from and paying upkeep to Dochen Holz.

This agreement may be modified at any time with full agreement from both the Buyer and Seller.

The Undersigned:
- evictedSaint, Happy Crab LLC. (Seller)
- Kashyyk, Stürn und Tochter (Buyer)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Turn 12
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2020, 11:32:16 am »

Turn 12
TURNTURNTURN

Schrullige Tintenfische departs, still the only ship in our nation's trade fleet.

Market
  • Lumber: 4 Groschen 4 pfennigs / Unit
  • Trinkets: 2 Groschen 2 pfennigs / Unit
  • Sand: 6 Groschen 5 pfennigs / Unit
  • Bananas: 8 Groschen / Unit
  • Ships (while supplies last): 10 Florins / Ship

Publicly Known Destinations
  • Home (Lumber): you are here
  • Nearsouthlands (Sand): 2 months travel
  • Aloysius Shores (Bananas): 3 months travel

Ships in port
  • Verkenning Geest

Current Voyages:
  • Schrullige Tintenfische set sail for Nearsouthlands on turn 11, expected to return on turn 13 with a load of sand

Enterprises
  • Dochen Holz: produces 5 Lumber. Upkeep: 1 florin
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 12:21:28 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2020, 11:59:35 am »

Oof, no final deal on the ship.

Spoiler: Krieg und Frieden (click to show/hide)

I would prefer to take full 10% shares (no half-pfennigs) but I might be willing to go to 25% if it'll close the deal. I'd need to borrow two pfennigs though.

After returning home, the cargo aboard the Jolly Crustacean will be automatically sold.  The profits will automatically used to purchase a new load of Trinkets, at which point the ship will set sail again. Alternatively, shareholders may request cargo be disbursed to their warehouse up to one item per 10% stake, but must pay for an equal number of trinkets upon doing so.  The remaining Florins will be automatically divided among the Undersigned proportional to their investment, excluding those who have requested for direct cargo disbursement.

In order to improve morale and build crew unity, all crew members aboard the Jolly Crustacean will be required to wear a crab-themed uniform which must be worn while on duty.  Uniform maintenance will be deducted from the ships profits Happy Crab LLC automatically.

The Undersigned:
- Sensei, Krieg und Frieden Proprietor (20% for ₣2.44) XX
- evictedSaint, Happy Crab LLC. (20% for ₣2.44) X
- Cnidaros, Rijke Reizen Enterprises (20% for ₣2.44) XX
-

The contract, to reiterate. We're currently at 60%. Cnid and I have explicitly ratified the red and green alterations, while eS hasn't specifically agreed to the green alteration yet (though I am certain he does not object).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2020, 12:38:34 pm »

The Undersigned:
- evictedSaint, Happy Crab LLC. (25% for ₣3.05) XX
-

I have bumped my percentage up to 25% with the income from this turn.  I suppose with another turn we can bump our percentages up again.

Spoiler: Happy Crab LLC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 12:45:14 pm by evictedSaint »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2020, 12:41:52 pm »

Stürn und Tochter buys the first 5% share of Dochen Holz from Happy Crab LLC.

The Undersigned:
- evictedSaint, Happy Crab LLC. (25% for ₣3.05) X X
- Kashyyk, Stürn und Tochter. (30% for ₣3.66) XX
-

Spoiler: Maths (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stürn und Tochter (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2020, 01:00:44 pm »

Kashyyk, I'd be willing to accelerate the Dochen Holz sale by 1 turn to afford the last 5% we need for the ship.  This acceleration would include the income generated from this turn - i.e. you buy 10% this turn, not 5%.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2020, 01:51:34 pm »

I can't afford to accelerate at the moment, as my current pledge for 30% will leave me at less than 1 Florin.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2020, 02:04:05 pm »

I would be willing to lend Sensei the last 2 pfennigs free of interest, to get the ship out.

Quote from: Loan Contract to Krieg und Frieden
Rijke Reizen Enterprises lends 2 Pfennigs to Krieg und Frieden. This loan has no interest and is to be repaid next turn (Turn 13) after Krieg and Frieden has received income.
Lender: Cnidaros, Rijke Reizen Enterprises
Borrower:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17