Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Classic  (Read 14952 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Classic
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2020, 01:52:34 pm »

Income is correct, but I think you should have ₣1.78(5)
You sure? I thought I spent my last pfennig on the 20% Jolly Crustacean share (and living expenses for that turn), leaving me only the two turns of income in my account. I'll take the extra ₣0.59 if you want, but I'm not sure where it comes from.
You had  ₣3.03 and spent ₣2.44. Leaving you with ₣0.59. May I suggest spending your unexpected windfall on exploration? ;)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2020, 01:57:31 pm »

Math time.

Excellent bookkeeping evictedSaint

Thank you, but this is all really basic and elementary arithmetic. It's hard to mess up something as simple as this, you'd have to be really dumb.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2020, 02:03:13 pm »

Use 1 Florin to purchase part of a ship, called Tailwind (contract below), and 2 Florins to fund the voyage to a new location

Quote from: Purchase of the merchant ship: 'Tailwing'
We, the undersigned, agree to purchase the ship, Tailwind, at 1.24 florins per 10% share (0.62 florins for 5%). Tailwind shall sail to Aloysius Shores for bananas. On delivery, the bananas will be sold, the money used to pay for trinkets and repairs before the profits are distributed to the shareholders according to their shares. In the event that the repair costs exceed profits made, shareholders will be obliged to pay to repair the ship according to their shares unless a vote changes this. A 75% majority is required to pass any vote for the Tailwind.

-Dreichin Industries (4.96 Florins for 40%)
-Douchound Inc. (3.72 Florins for 30%)
-Technology Maker (1 Florin for 10%)
Spoiler: Technology Maker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 08:58:15 am by Naturegirl1999 »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2020, 03:07:00 pm »

You seem to be 9 florins short of a lumber yard, 9 florins short of a ship, and 2.4 florins short of a load of trinkets, Naturegirl.

How do we finance exploration, exactly?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 16, 2020, 03:21:06 pm »

You seem to be 9 florins short of a lumber yard, 9 florins short of a ship, and 2.4 florins short of a load of trinkets, Naturegirl.

How do we finance exploration, exactly?
I’d imagine by giving the currency to the one doing the exploration? Also would it not be possible to buy 1/10 of the materials for a thing? Of course said thing can’t be used yet, and others might put money into something for shared ownership upon completion

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 16, 2020, 04:04:03 pm »

Oh I remember now, I considered buying 25% in the Jolly Crustacean. I didn't actually do so however. In which case, I guess I didnt even need to take a loan from cnid either.

Regarding exploration, it looks like the Verkenning Geest is in port. We just need to donate money to the explorer dude who runs it. He needs at least a Florin, I think, maybe more.

You can only buy an entire ship or enterprise at once. Traditionally, you establish a contract and seek other signatories until you have enough money between all of you.  Read the early pages of the thread for some examples.

I would like to donate 5 Groschen to supply the next public exploration voyage.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2020, 07:49:22 am »

Spoiler: Douchound Inc. (click to show/hide)
₣6.5 - ₣2.3 x 0.25 = ₣1.05 from Schrullige Tintenfische
₣0.1 personal expenses
Should be ₣4.92
I thought we all voted to change the Schrullige Tintenfische from getting sand to getting bananas from now on and that's what I based my math on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2020, 11:57:01 am »

That was for the one trip, because the first banana was to be sold for triple the amount. After that, it was back to the sand.
Trying to set up a ship for the banana market though!

This just in, Dreichin Industries donate 0.5 florins to Forscher!

Spoiler: Dreichin Industries (click to show/hide)

We, the undersigned, agree to purchase the ship, Tailwind, at 1.24 florins per 10% share (0.62 florins for 5%). Tailwind shall sail to Aloysius Shores for bananas. On delivery, the bananas will be sold, the money used to pay for trinkets and repairs before the profits are distributed to the shareholders according to their shares. In the event that the repair costs exceed profits made, shareholders will be obliged to pay to repair the ship according to their shares unless a vote changes this. A 75% majority is required to pass any vote for the Tailwind.

Naturegirl, you were part of the original Risky Ventures. This plays like that, but with additional expenses.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2020, 01:33:13 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 15 Math (click to show/hide)

Oh I remember now, I considered buying 25% in the Jolly Crustacean. I didn't actually do so however. In which case, I guess I didnt even need to take a loan from cnid either.

I'm pretty sure you did, it was how we afforded the ship. The final contract for Jolly Crustacean also says you have a 25% share, you might have been looking at an old contract.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2020, 01:35:13 pm »

Stürn und Tochter

Pay 4 Groschen, 5 Pfennigs to Happy Crab LLC in exchange for a 5% share in Dochen Holz.

Donate 5 Groschen to Captain Forscher of Verkenning Geest

Spoiler: Maths (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stürn und Tochter (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2020, 04:33:11 pm »

Happy Crab LLC does some book keeping.

Happy Crab LLC is also happy to offer book keeping services for our numerically-challenged friends (at a reasonable fee, of course).

Happy Crab LLC asks Captain Forscher if he would be willing to search for a seafood-rich market in his next voyage - pending his answer, Happy Crab LLC may be willing to offer a generous donation to his over-seas explorations.

Spoiler: Happy Crab LLC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 06:56:18 pm by evictedSaint »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2020, 06:45:04 pm »

Alright alright, final accounting (maybe):

Nov 6, Turn 12- I possess ₣2.93. I believe everything is correct up to that point.
I wanted to purchase a 25% share in the Jolly Crustacean for ₣3.05. The ₣2.44 expenditure was actually for the version of the contract in which I purchased 20%, but that was not final.
Then I took a loan for ₣0.12 to make exactly ₣3.05 in my account.

Turn 13- begin the turn with ₣0.00
Lumber is ₣0.43, Dochen Holz makes ₣1.15 profit. My portion is ₣0.345.
I also return ₣0.12 to Cnidaros.
After ₣0.10 living expenses, I have ₣0.125

Turn 14- begin the turn with ₣0.125
Lumber is ₣0.42, Dochen Holz makes ₣1.10 profit. My portion is ₣0.33.
The Jolly Crustacean returns this turn. She sells ₣6.50 worth of sand and buys ₣2.30 worth of trinkets. Her profit is ₣4.20. If I had a 20% share I would take ₣0.84 like I reported. However, I actually have a 25% share and take ₣1.05 for myself.
I pay ₣0.10 in living expenses.
I end the turn with ₣1.405.

Turn 15- I start with ₣1.405
Lumber is ₣0.41, Dochen Holz makes ₣1.05. My 30% share is ₣0.315
I also donate ₣0.50 to fund exploration.
I pay ₣0.10 in living expenses.
Now my funds are ₣1.12.

I think that's finally correct.

Spoiler: Krieg und Frieden (click to show/hide)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2020, 06:27:02 am »

That was for the one trip, because the first banana was to be sold for triple the amount. After that, it was back to the sand.
Crap I forgot about that.

Douchound Inc. donates 3 Groschen to Adalwolf Forscher.

-Douchound Inc. (3.72 Florins for 30%)

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2020, 03:09:32 pm »

Happy Crab LLC asks Captain Forscher if he would be willing to search for a seafood-rich market in his next voyage - pending his answer, Happy Crab LLC may be willing to offer a generous donation to his over-seas explorations.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2020, 03:14:37 pm »

Am I allowed to move my spent Florin to the current contract or is it too late to change that?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17