Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Vampire Is Becoming Constantly Slower  (Read 959 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
My Vampire Is Becoming Constantly Slower
« on: October 29, 2020, 09:34:30 am »

I know I have to drink from alive knocked out characters with "e" and i'm doing it. It even shows me in the chat that I officially drinked but I am only becoming slower with every hammer strike on goblins. Is it because my strength stat increases?
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: My Vampire Is Becoming Constantly Slower
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 10:31:01 am »

I know this happens in Fortress mode but I've never had an adventure survive long enough for this problem:

You're a dwarf, right? Dwarves are [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT], meaning you need to drink some booze to be at full-speed. I believe an adventuring vampire can just do it. Find a tavern.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 03:21:03 pm »

I know this happens in Fortress mode but I've never had an adventure survive long enough for this problem:

You're a dwarf, right? Dwarves are [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT], meaning you need to drink some booze to be at full-speed. I believe an adventuring vampire can just do it. Find a tavern.

I'm playing as an elf.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 04:59:47 pm »

Have you been gaining more and more items in your inventory?  Each of those items has weight.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 03:47:40 am »

Have you been gaining more and more items in your inventory?  Each of those items has weight.

Absolutely no.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 06:27:06 am »

Were you already an alcoholic? Elves can become alcohol dependent, I think. In older versions at least, this was a consequence of total emotional desensitization.
One wheel short of a wagon

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 12:34:13 pm »

Were you already an alcoholic? Elves can become alcohol dependent, I think. In older versions at least, this was a consequence of total emotional desensitization.

I created an elf with he's only need being occupied. I also designed him to be mostly emotionless. Enough to prevent being alcoholic.