Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tileset weird magenta amalgam  (Read 3636 times)

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
tileset weird magenta amalgam
« on: October 15, 2020, 02:06:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so upon booting up my game with an edited version of taffer's 18x18 tileset, i was greeted by the magenta mess above. i have no idea what caused this and replacing my color file didn't do anything either
heres my tileset btw
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: tileset weird magenta amalgam
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 03:03:15 pm »

I'm not sure what caused it*, but swapping out the magenta for transparency would fix it.

*Possibly settings from the program it was edited in?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 03:05:35 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 08:38:49 am »

I'm not sure what caused it*
oh my god shut up

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 08:57:07 am »

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sugardust

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Dyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 12:24:11 pm »

I'm not sure what caused it*
oh my god shut up
No reason whatsoever to give such an attitude to someone who offered a solution.

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 12:36:12 pm »

i was saying shut up at the needless graammar correction but the advice was much appreciated and i probably shouldve said that

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 03:55:14 pm »

i was saying shut up at the needless graammar correction but the advice was much appreciated and i probably shouldve said that

The asterisk points to the last sentence of my post. It's not a correction. Maybe don't jump to conclusions and get mad at me? I've certainly never corrected your grammar before, so your attitude is quite needless.

A quick search of your posts shows that, in fact, nobody here has ever done so.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 03:59:07 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 05:35:52 pm »

the asterisk is almost universally a sign of someone correcting your posts though, i don't know what being corrected earlier in my post history has to do with this exactly

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 05:58:02 pm »

the asterisk is almost universally a sign of someone correcting your posts though, i don't know what being corrected earlier in my post history has to do with this exactly
It's....really not. At least not in English. It's for exactly the purpose Bumber used it for
Maybe it's some Reddit thing that kids do these days like avoiding capital letters? Doubt the old fogies of this forum have any idea of the new rules. We have a hard enough time just using words that aren't obsolete.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:00:12 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 02:29:52 am »

Blasphemy!
Actually the asteriks is used for correcting spelling mistakes, even I use this notation every once in a while but usually you correct your own spelling errors with this, not others...
But usually it is used in systems where you can't edit a post after the fact like a whatsapp message, a sms or a post without an edit function. Then you quickly add a second post with the asteriks and the corrected word rather than repeating the whole text just to correct a single spelling error.
In this case here we have the edit function so the asteriks is not needed. Also, to be frank, when used for correcting a spelling error the asteriks usually sits IN FRONT of the word that is corrected, not following afterwards.

I know it this way:
*word = correction of "wrod"
*word* = feeling/action
word* = see futher down for more details on "word"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:35:05 am by Novaris »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 04:33:52 am »

And when placed at the end of a sentence where there's a footnote below beginning with an asterix, it means "see footnote". Always has done even if someone invented some new rule in the meantime.

Ha. Well, whatever. Back to the Cherry Blossom haiku page, where the rules haven't changed in 300 years... :)