Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Fort  (Read 921 times)

woodsmoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Fort
« on: November 14, 2022, 06:51:49 pm »

Recently I discovered a very primitive game-engine called flickgame.org. I have now finished a project which I've named Dwarven Fort. It's a fan-game/love-letter to Dwarf Fortress. You point & click your way through a dwarfs daily routine.

It's like a counterpart of Dwarf Fortress: Graphics-yes, gameplay-no. Developed in 10 days instead of 20 years. Text? Only three letters: F, U, N.

Games made in flickgame.org consist of 16 pictures that are linked together by clicking on one of the 16 available colours of the current screen to get to a different screen.

If anyone wants to use the art to make something related to Dwarf Fortress, feel free.

Play Dwarven Fort [HTML5]

Artwork of the main character made with HEAVYPAINT.

PS:
I'm so stoked for Dwarf Fortress premium. I have a hard time with the classic UI as a n00b player. This project helped shorten the wait a bit for me. Hope it gives a smirk or two for anyone willing to give it a go.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 07:17:13 pm by woodsmoke »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Fort
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 01:00:01 am »

This rocks! There's something so intuitively fun and engaging about this. Your art goes a long way to draw the eye all over the screen.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 01:46:31 am »

WOW~!!!

that made me smile. beautiful take on the classic 'dug too deep' screen. I looked for secret clicks for quite some time lol

woodsmoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 02:01:59 pm »

Yay!

Woodsmoke felt euphoric due to his flickgame being warmly welcomed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 05:40:57 pm »

It was F.U.N.