Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:RNE - Earth: Quest for the Ultra-Divine Water!  (Read 1278 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
[IC] TotM:RNE - Earth: Quest for the Ultra-Divine Water!
« on: October 16, 2020, 06:51:06 pm »

Those in the forgotten shards suddenly witness an odd sight, that of a small, stout-looking creature with a halo appearing in the middle of the hub!

He looks around for a moment, smiling quietly.

"I knew it.  Hello, mortals!  I have quite the tale to tell, and a most dangerous quest for you all to undertake!"

"I am a spirit from Otherworld, forbidden to go to the lands of the living, my death was by the hands of a cruel and evil being, but that has not extinguished my desire to help you all with your plight.  The destruction of all worlds..." he pauses.

"Would be a terrible thing."

"Should any of you be brave enough, hear my tale, and perhaps, even, help this old man achieve closure.  If you do so, I will not leave you unrewarded."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TotM:RNE - Earth: Quest for the Ultra-Divine Water!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 07:07:00 pm »

Yushiro looks over the small creature, before deciding to voice his confusion.
"Sorry, who are you?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 07:51:12 pm »

"A shade of another world?"  Zelda considers the spirit for a moment, and smiles, "One already aware of our quest.  I would hear your story, grandfather.  How may we help you find peace in your rest?"
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 08:06:36 pm »

They shake their head miserably at Yushiro.

"I cannot tell you that, to know my name may put you in danger, should you meet my enemies."

"You may call me Nijam, however, if you so choose."

He turns to Zelda. 

"My story is one that can be condensed simply.  I once was a powerful magician, who sought to help my universe with my magic.  However, my work died with me, as I was forced to pass on to Otherworld, nevermore to interact with the world of the living, save through esoteric and limited means."

"However, these fragmentory worlds of yours, they are too decimated to have such a firm distinction as belonging solely to the living.  Using my magic, I was able to reach this place.  And you all, being among the living still, may yet help me complete my work."

"There exists a place known as Earth.  A simple planet inhabited by humans like yourselves, but ruled by a guardian deity known simply as 'Kami'.  Below his divine realm, there exists a simple tower, and those who climb it by hand are granted audience with the tower's ruler."

"My quest is thus.  Reach the top of the tower, and obtain by whatever means you so choose, the Ultra-Divine Water.  Memorize that, because without it, my plan is all for naught."

"Once you have it, I will inform you of what must be done to create a powerful weapon using it, one capable of helping you defend these precious worlds."

The short green man scratches his chin.  "As I said, however, you will not go without personal rewards of your own.  This tower has other treasures to be had, ones that I do not require.  Any you obtain on your quest are yours to keep. 

"Indeed, you may even keep what water is not used in my ritual.  The water is supposedly a path to personal power, for those who are worthy."

He shakes his head.  "But I digress.  Should you help me complete my work, I will at long last obtain the only thing that remains, among the things I yet wish done in the world of the living.  When you are ready, I can transport you to where you must go," he finishes.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 12:02:09 am »

"I see.  Thank you for sharing your story, grandfather," Zelda dips her head in a deep nod towards the elderly spirit, "I accept this quest, but I will not promise anything until I have seen this Ultra Divine Water for myself.  Divinity is not to be trifled with lightly."

Skye the Gothitelle transmits the rest of Zelda's message to her allies telepathically, keeping tje wizard out of the loop.  This spirit does not seem malicious, but spirits of the dead can be tricky.  Their motivations are not always the same as those of the living.  We should explore this quest, but promise nothing to him other than that we will try to acquire this Ultra Divine Water.  Your oath may give him power over you.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 06:58:46 pm by DragonRage »
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 12:54:06 am »

Osamu had said nothing, merely listening to the story, and Zelda's advice, before nodding.

"All right. I'm willing to search for this Ultra-Divine Water. Though I take it there's going to be more challenges in our path than just a tower to climb?"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 11:12:44 am »

Yushiro listens to the old creature, and offers him a slight smile once he finishes.
"Sure, I'll help look for this divine water. All else aside though, you said this tower lies beneath your god's 'realm'... Just how tall is it?", he says, crossing his arms.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 04:45:35 pm »

"I do not know what trials lie beyond the tower itself," he admits.

"This quest will require strength, most of all.  The tower is no easy feat to climb.  If you believe you can make the climb easier, I would prepare in advance."

He holds his hands out, and with great effort, utters some sort of magic word.

With that, he teleports the group away in a puff of smoke.

-

The group finds themselves at the base of a tower that stretches up so high that they cannot see the end of it.

Nearby, there is a forest, and even closer by, there is also a teepee tent erected next to the tower.

There are also wide plains of grasslands surrounding the tower.

The tower itself is made of stone, with large ridges and bulbous segments poking out from it, and it appears undamaged in any way, each of the stone circles lacking chips or scratches.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 07:24:52 pm »

"This must be the tower..."  Zelda glides up to it, and raises her hands to the surface with a noticeable lack of grace and coordination, "This will...  This would have been much easier to climb before my injuries.  Frederick, Skye, you will likely need to stay in your Poke Balls if I try to climb this."  She raises a blue and white sphere with red knobs on it, and a black and white sphere with a yellow H on it, and the two Pokemon turn into red light, before vanishing inside.  Zelda clips the Poke Balls to her belt, and turns back to the tower.  "Considering that I can't fly, and we don't have an elevator or a Ride Pokemon...  I suppose we just start climbing?"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2020, 07:43:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yushiro looks up at the tower, scratching his cheek as he takes it all in.
"Damn, that is huge. The old man said that if we can, we should try to make the climb easier, right? The tower's completely pristine so I dunno if we can even dent it, but... If we can, it'd smoothen things out a bit."
Saying that, he unfolds his duel disk and draws a starting hand.
"Alright, Baseball Kid, c'mon out and show me what you've got," he says, pointing at the tower. An oddly-proportioned kid with a spiked baseball bat appears, and whacks one of the tower's sides.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 05:07:29 pm »

(13, 3)

As baseball kid whacks the tower, nothing happens aside from some shaking.

After a few moments, however, retribution is had as a metal cooking pot drops from the sky, nearly killing the monster outright from the fast-falling hunk of steel.

Behind the party, a voice sounds out.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," an adult voice says.

As the two turn to look at them, they note the man's incredible musculature, tanned and scarred skin, and his tall spear.  He looks to be a native of some sort, wearing tan pants, and followed by a teenager in similar garb.

"This is the sacred Korin Tower.  What business do you have here?"

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 06:46:04 pm »

Osamu had simply watched Yushiro's... summoned person(?) try to dent the tower, not really sure how he could help make the climb any easier.

Turning around to see the new arrivals, he quickly gestured to the baseball kid. "Hey, stop, stop!"

If the baseball kid didn't listen, Osamu'd try to physically stop him.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 10:07:55 pm »

"I am here to attempt to climb the tower," Zelda states, "I do not know if I will be able to do it, but I will soon know one way or the other."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2020, 06:28:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yushiro scratches his cheek awkwardly, waving Ultimate Baseball Kid off and receiving a curt nod in return as the young boy sets his baseball bat down.
"This thing's just as durable as it looks, huh.", he mutters, before turning to the new arrival.
"Same as her, I'm here to try and climb this tower. What about you?", he replies, offering a handshake.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2020, 05:49:40 pm »

"I stand guard as the protector of this place.  I am Bora, and this is my son, Upa.  One day, I do indeed wish to try to climb it, but not this day."

He accepts Yushiro's handshake.

"I must warn you, of those who have climbed the tower, only one has succeeded in the span of days.  The others, years."

"I can offer you advice, if you are truly set on doing so.  Though, it is a bit embarassing to admit, many simply take a plane, these days."

He shakes his head.

"But only by climbing the tower do you earn the right to Korin's gifts."
Pages: [1] 2