Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:RNE - Earth: Quest for the Ultra-Divine Water!  (Read 1249 times)

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TotM:RNE - Earth: Quest for the Ultra-Divine Water!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2020, 06:42:27 pm »

"Well, we're just going to have to try it the hard way," Zelda says.  She attempts to grip the tower, her arms moving like they're being controlled by the strings of a rather amateurish puppeteer.  Not unexpectedly, they fail to gain any real purchase.  "Huh.  I used to be spryer than this.  This could be more of a challenge than I was expecting."  She pouts, scratching her chin.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 08:34:58 pm »

"Hold on, let me give it a try," Osamu says, approaching the tower and looking for any handholds or footholds that he could use to help climb upwards. He wasn't much of a climber himself, but he still had some of his old strength. That had to be good for something, right?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2020, 11:45:57 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yushiro sits on the grass, looking up at the tower.
"I wouldn't mind some advice right now. I was hoping to make some extra footholds or something but you can see how well that worked out. Maybe if I made Kid a bit stronger, but I doubt that'd work either."
Almost as an afterthought, he calls up a large turtle with a UFO for a shell to lean back against as he considers the tower's considerable height.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2020, 04:34:08 pm »

Frowning, Zelda makes a few little jumping motions.  They don't get her very far, but they do bring a wide, close-mouthed smile to her face.  Giggling behind a hand raised over her mouth, Zelda rises from the ground, getting a few feet up before she halts, and then descends back to earth.  "I didn't know I could do that.  It's fuuuun, ehehehe!  That takes care of me!  But you guys are probably going to have to climb if you want the water, since Korin doesn't accept cheating.  I promise I'll try to catch you if you fall.  I'll at least get your soul~" 
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2020, 08:41:09 pm »

Bora's eyes follow the shenanagans for only a few moments before he speaks.

"If you truly wish to climb it, then perhaps I could share the secret I had planned on using to do so myself.  I've been working on it for years in preparation."

"In this forest, there are three ingredients that I can take to grant you something that solves all of one's bodily needs.  If I am correct, it would allow you to climb the tower without food, water, or rest.  Which, indeed, may be the only way to succeed, unless you fare well at obtaining sustenance miles in the air, and sleeping while clinging to the tower itself," he explains.

"If you bring these things to me, I will produce it for you.  I need the Heart of a Tyrannosaurus, three mushrooms with three spots who were grown together in the same soil, and a metal bug that frequents these parts."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2020, 08:47:02 pm »

"A metal bug?  How fascinating!"  Zelda's hands brush over her Poke Balls briefly, "I'd love to go find one of those.  But I'd also like to see a Tyrannosaurus..."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2020, 08:48:39 pm »

Osamu looked up to see how high the tower stretched and had to agree with Bora.

"So, where can we go to find those things? And how much will the resulting product create? I'm not sure I like the idea of one or more of us just waiting on the ground for several days while the others make the climb." The mushrooms and bug sounded like they'd be relatively easy to get - at least compared to a Tyrannosaurus' heart.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2020, 04:06:43 pm »

He points you to the forest surrounding the tower.

"You'll find everything you need around here in short order.  You'll have enough."

"If you need specific directions, however..."

He points in two directions. 

"You should be able to find the Tyranosaurus thataways, and the mushrooms in the opposite direction.  The bug, however... I do not know where or when it will appear.  But it will, and it will follow you, I am sure."

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2020, 04:12:41 pm »

"Mushrooms don't go bad quickly, so we should go looking for some of those first," Zelda decides, "My bag should be able to hold a lot, so I'll go and get as many as I can."  Zelda walks off in the indicated direction, occasionally stumbling a bit over nothing at all.  "Here, mushy-mushy-mushy, heeeere mushy-mushy-mushy..."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2020, 10:42:52 am »

When the... ghost girl (?) started stumbling and trying to talk to the mushrooms she was searching for, Osamu decided to follow. If nothing else, the two were less likely to get ambushed if they ran into something unexpected.

"Look, miss, I don't know the first thing about mushroom gathering, but I'm pretty sure you can't just call out for them like they're lost cats or something..."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 12:09:53 pm »

Yushiro shuffles his deck, his duel disk folding into a smaller form as he watches on.
"So, I meant to ask earlier but... What exactly are you going to do with all that, once we get those ingredients to you? I don't think you'd be able to hide a lab in that tent of yours."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2020, 07:01:57 pm »

Bora crosses his arms.  "You'll know once you've obtained them.  Trust me of that."

With that, Zelda and whoever follows her wander off into the forest.

Soon, she discovers the exact mushroom they're looking for, growing from a planter on a windowsill poking from the side of a small forest hut.

A sweet scent wafts from the house, and smoke puffs from the chimney.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2021, 02:54:01 pm »

"Mushroom!"  Zelda floats up to the side of the cottage, and considers just grabbing them.  But that would be rude!  So instead, she goes around to the front of the cottage and knocks on the door.
Pages: 1 [2]