Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [IC] TotM: RNE - Squabbles with Scraplets  (Read 3692 times)

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TotM: RNE - Squabbles with Scraplets
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2020, 10:13:11 pm »

Warden Three takes evasive maneuvers, gaining a buffer of speed and distance against the incoming scraplets!

VerTwo opens fire with its Battered Heavy Autocannon, dealing 24 damage, and using Sacrifice to split any damage Warden Three takes with itself!  Broken scraplets rain to the deck as the robot fires!

The scraplets swarm towards Warden 3 and VerTwo, ignoring Tyra completely!  Vertwo intercepts some of the scraplets swarming towards Warden Three, taking 20 damage as the scraplets bite into the machine's metal!  Warden Three is forced to manuever to avoid the scraplets that flew past VerTwo, losing 10 temporary HP but protecting her succulent, high-quality alloys from their teeth!

Tyra repositions to gain a tactical advantage!

Initiative
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Status
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2020, 12:55:05 am »

VerTwo almost mindlessly continues to fire away at the swarm of Scraplets with its autocannon as its BIT tries desperately to whack off stray Scraplets and weld the holes on its chassis shut once more.

VerTwo uses Banish on the Scraplet Swarm, dealing Strength (12) Piercing damage four times.
VerTwo's Self Repair Bit Perk heals her for 5 points of damage this turn.
Scary Robot Chassis causes VerTwo's actions to be treated as being 50% more effective than they actually are for Aggro purposes.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 01:05:28 am by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2020, 07:14:06 am »

Seeing the scraplets lay into the machine with them only increased the fighter's worry; these were less than ideal combat conditions, and she didn't relish the thought of being devoured alive if she slipped up. However, she was in a decent position to rake the mass of creatures with cannon fire, and so she did, a momentary brrt sounding through the structure as she squeezed off a burst of 20mm ammunition.

Fire at the Scraplets with the Vulcan for 2d6+DEX damage.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2020, 03:50:57 pm »

With one hand Tyra twists over to throw one of the Crystal Vials towards VerTwo, allowing it to shatter mending fluid over their frame.
With the other she brings down her bluish trident and with both to steady it, sends an arc of lightning flying towards the group of scraplets.

Tyra uses a Crystal Vial to restore 1d4+13 HP to VerTwo.
Then she uses her Voltride on the Scraplet Swarm, dealing 3d6+13 damage.  If the target dies it deal 26 damage to a random enemy and continue to jump until damage is entirely absorbed.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2020, 10:59:28 pm »

Tyra uses a Crystal Vial to restore 14 HP to VerTwo, and uses Voltride on the scraplets, dealing 22 damage!  The lightning arcs between individual scraplets, frying more of them until 26 additional damage is dealt!

Warden Three blasts at the scraplets with her Vulcan autocannon, dealing 19 damage!

VerTwo is repaired by her BIT and blasts away with her cannon, dealing 48 more damage!

The few remaining scraplets disperse entirely, leaving the ground littered with tiny, metallic bodies and a few easily-dispatched individuals gnawing at VerTwo and Warden Three with suicidal greed.

Initiative

Status
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2020, 04:42:03 am »

VerTwo casually crushes the remaining Scraplets gnawing on its body, before it scans the surrounding area in search of future threats it may have to deal with.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2020, 06:15:51 am »

Warden hurled the remaining scraplets off her airframe vehemently, squeezing off a shot into a particularly irritating one for good measure. "Damn pests." After a brief self-diagnostic to ensure nothing important had been chewed through, the fighter pressed forward. "Keep moving."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2021, 02:32:41 pm »

You continue into the tool storage room where a mix of items far too large for human hands and items sized exactly right are hung on the walls.  Some have distinctive tooth marks taken out of them, but as Preceptor suspected an Ionic Wrench the right size for human hands was left untouched by the ravenous creatures.  All that remains to do is to check out some of the other rooms, like the server farm and recharging berths...

Or to head down to the bottom floor, where the scraplets will likely be densest, and attempt to rescue the core of the Vector Sigma terminal.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2021, 02:45:49 pm »

"We should keep going as quickly as possible." She would prefer to no longer be dealing with the ravenous creatures infesting this place, even if the fastest path to that meant throwing herself into their midst. "Unless there's something urgent that needs to be taken care of, I'll be headed downstairs immediately."
GM of Trespassers V2.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2021, 03:18:27 am »

VerTwo remains silent for a while, simply standing guard while the others decide what to do next. All it had to offer really was a quieter than usual, "This unit is awaiting orders."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2021, 08:42:07 am »

Tyra nods at Warden's suggestion.
"Agreed."  She glanced towards VerTwo briefly,  "Automaton follow."
By the hands of power.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2021, 05:01:40 pm »

You travel down the stairs and find yourselves in an expansive hall, lit by golden light erupting from a structure toward the back of the hall, that looks strikingly like an old 80s science fiction movie computer terminal with a disco ball mounted on it.  From the ball, light blazes out, illuminating the room and shining through the vent in the back.  The room is heavily chewed by scraplets, which swarm over and around the walls, floor, and ceiling, except for a clear path from the stairs to the terminal, and around the terminal itself.

Lounging in a chromed chair before the terminal sits a human woman with pale, blonde hair, and a toned physique easily visible through the gaps in her bizarre costume, a tracework of metal that covers her entire body... if incompletely.

"They sent techno-organics to deal with me?  I thought Optimus Prime had more courage than that," She stands, electricity crackling around her, and the scraplets shy away in obvious fear, "Maybe your broken bodies will convince the machines to take me seriously!  I have their 'sacred' computer!  What are they playing at?"

You're pretty sure that if Perceptor and Arcee knew this lady was down here, they would have brought it up...

Initiative

Status

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2021, 05:31:24 pm »

Warden 3 set her expression into a determined scowl. She considered telling this woman to stand down by authority of the Navy, but suspected it wasn't worth the effort. "Warden 3, intercepting potential hostile." Wasting no time, she painted the woman with a missile lock, her operating system informing her that the missiles would be prepared to fire in a moment. "Surrender yourself and power off your weapons systems or I will blow you down."

Warden 3 gets a missile lock on Circuit Breaker!
GM of Trespassers V2.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2021, 06:04:12 pm »

VerTwo's mechanical arms quickly pivot to point its gun between the threatening but obviously mostly human woman, and the teeming horde of alien creatures consuming the room itself. It takes a bit before the SPARK decides to stand before Warden 3, and blast away at the obvious threat.
VerTwo uses Banish on the Scraplet Swarm! Firing with her Battered Heavy Autocannon twice to deal strength damage 4 times. She also uses Sacrifice as a free action to split the damage it would take between it and Warden 3.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2021, 07:12:47 pm »

Tyra stepped up wordlessly, clicking the shaft of her trident against the floor and making it buzz with electricity.

Tyra repositions to gain 13 Init!
By the hands of power.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7