Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21340 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2020, 03:47:05 pm »

Resume research.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2020, 09:09:55 pm »

Turn 4
Instead of using the lizard ability, I'll just have Al cast the Shaman spell "Jump"... On the assassin to make them jump of the wall!

Al will then point out the assassin to Bartholomew and Bartholomew will make an attack!

Oh, and here are my stats.
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
(Assassin's Jump Spell Save 9. d20=7. Failure.)
Having finally caught up with the half-thunderbird assassin, Al seeks to take advantage of her momentary distraction to cast Jump on her. She fails her save, and is propelled against the wall and into the direction of Bartholomew, who (Bartholomew Attack roll= 61%+50% Strength Bonus+1% Rage Bonus=(112%) vs Assassin Dodge roll= 40%=22% Skill Bonus=(62%) Bartholomew wins) easily manages to hit her despite her attempts to dodge out of the way, doing (4d6 cut damage=10) 10 cut damage to the assassin with his dual wielded giant knives.

These wounds (10 Cut=92%-52% Unvitality Bonus=(40%) Still conscious), however, are not enough to bring her down quite yet.

"Hey, that's my... SVD? You can't just go around stealing people's guns, sir!"
"That's an awp, skrub. Also, that's mine; it was always mine. You should know better than stealing military-grade firearms from people walking out of paintings."

>Carry my awp and prepare to quickscope any suckers who try stealing my gun.

I'll also post my sheet again; since it has all the relevant stats.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Resume research.
(Base Unluck 10%=19% Failure)
Aya-Vary-Jury seems to have taken the hint, and has gone back to his research, and no one else around seems interested in taking your rifle from you.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

As long as the station wagon isn't trying to kill me or itself I'm fine with it trying to kill the wall, I should really try to raise my wagon language skill.

Before I finally give up with trying to talk with the station wagon I try to convince it to join me in my adventure, then keep kicking the crate it should hopefully be getting near breaking.

This turn, the station wagon does (7d6 Structural damage=24) 24 more points of structural damage to the wall (42 Structural=8%-23% Unstability bonus=(-15%) Critical Instability!), causing it to collapse completely. (Base Unluck 10%=46%+Secret Star Sign Bonus=Don't worry about it. Failure) Fortunately, this wall wasn't load-bearing.

(Wagon language 14%=35%)
You don't seem to get through to the station wagon, probably because it is now too busy enjoying its kill (the wall).

(Small Creature Kicking roll 30%=30% Success!)
You give the crate another kick, doing (Zebra Strength Roll 45%=85% Failure) more negligible damage to it.

Journal the effects.
You note down your condition and symptoms, the green warty skin, the lack of feeling in said skin, sanitized metabolism, the skull for a face. Also the regenerative effect, which you have yet to experience, but you know it's part of the whole thing.

The effect of the drug will last 2 more turns.

Resume research.
Your thievery attempt having been largely unproductive, you return to your research.

(Reading Roll=43%. Complete first book, 2% of next one.)
You finish up Mountains of the Past, which doesn't really say anything more about the Mountain of Dusk, the Misfortune Elixir, or Everleigh Chunwere, but you do learn a lot about various other mountains, including The Voiceless Pinnacle, the mountain where wind makes no noise; Oakmagne Summit, the gathering place for the Triannual Worldwide Wizardly Convocation; The Homeless Peaks, a mountain that has no permanent location and constantly wanders around the world; and The Faraway Summit, a fabled mountain whose location is lost to the records of time, and is said to contain untold riches from a former age.

You then get started on The Secrets of The Mountain of Dusk, making it through the title page, the copyright page, the table of contents, the forward, the dedication, the introduction, the 23rd edition retrospective, and finally the first chapter, which defines what a secret is and what the Mountain of dusk is, and mentions that the Mountain of Dusk has some secrets, and, in this book, you will learn some of them.

Still left in your reading queue are Mountains of the World, Why No One Talks About The Mountain of Dusk Anymore, Basic Geomantic Experimentation, and 18 Facts About the Mountain of Dusk Everyone Thinks are True.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2020, 10:17:49 pm »

Bartholomew continues attacking, letting Bartholomew control the entire Komodo Ettin body for this turn in inflict optimal melee damage.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2020, 05:10:00 am »

"This stupid crate shall not defeat me!"
Grab some bricks from the newly defeated wall and throw as many of them as possible at the crate using my brick throwing skills.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2020, 10:40:20 am »

Oh, I thought you meant my skills and not actual stats.
(first number is a general summary on a 1-5 scale, second number is roll)

Fortitude IV (82)
Prudence V (88)
Temperance II (30)
Justice IV (73)

Stats aside, my action will be to enter the gun store again (after I had to exit to deal with a shitter taking my awp) and ask if there's any firearm accessories or ammo available.
it's over

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2020, 05:08:46 pm »

Bartholomew continues attacking, letting Bartholomew control the entire Komodo Ettin body for this turn in inflict optimal melee damage.
(Bartholomew Swiftness: Sick vs Assassin Celerity: Outstanding. Bartholomew wins)
Seizing the initiative, Bartholomew makes another attack before the half-thunderbird assassin can attack back, and (Bartholomew Attack roll= 71%+50% Strength Bonus+1% Rage Bonus=(122%) vs Assassin Dodge roll= 17%=22% Skill Bonus=(39%) Bartholomew wins) hits, doing (4d6 cut damage=14) 14 cut damage to the assassin.

These wounds (14+10=14 Cut=25%-52% Unvitality bonus=(-27%) Critical Unvitality!) cause her to bleed to death almost instantaneously.

"This stupid crate shall not defeat me!"
Grab some bricks from the newly defeated wall and throw as many of them as possible at the crate using my brick throwing skills.
(brick throwing skill roll 20%=40% Failure)
Grabbing up some bricks from the newly-broken wall, you heft a few at the crate. But, try as you might, you are unable to pierce the crate's thick wooden shell.

Stats aside, my action will be to enter the gun store again (after I had to exit to deal with a shitter taking my awp) and ask if there's any firearm accessories or ammo available.
You walk back into The Happy Joker and ask the High Orc shopkeeper about firearm accessories and ammunition.

"Sure, we got all kinds. For accessories, we have barrel extenders, barrel shorteners, suppressors, loudeners, flashlights, dark lights, laser points, laser vague direction gesturers, magazine extenders, newspaper extenders, grenade launchers, grenade hold-in-placers, bayonets, marionettes, scopes, loupes (for when you're trying to shoot at jewels very close up), stocks, and socks (good for keeping your barrel clean when traveling in dirty conditions or keeping your feet warm).

"For ammo, we've got incendiary ammo, electrifying ammo, freezing ammo, ghost-killing ammo, silver bullets, exploding ammo, healing ammo, grappling ammo, scent-seeking ammo, teleporting ammo, mind-control ammo, knockout ammo, snare ammo, bread-baking ammo, bubble-making ammo. And if, you bring me a sample of someone's blood or whatever, I can make a special bullet that's guaranteed to kill them in a single hit.

"Also, I have grenade versions of most of the above (minus the guaranteed-kill one), along with silencing grenades, air bubble grenades, shield generator grenades, ghost-revealer grenades, invisibility-canceling grenades, sunlight grenades, water grenades, soil grenades, plant grenades, wind grenades, smoke grenades, and bat grenades.

"And there might be some stuff I might be forgetting, or, if I don't have something in stock, I could probably order it for you."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 05:11:23 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2020, 05:38:41 pm »

Alright, my statfabulator comes up with the following stats, as derived from my skills and classes:

Luck: Variable (rolls 1d100 at the dawn of each day or whenever relevant)
Power: Low (20%)
Kinesthetics: Fair (50%)
Perspective: Great (85%)
Cuteness: fuckin adorable

Aya-Vary-Jury doesn't have a Toughness stat because of the Cheater class. They just take average damage unless she would die from the damage, in which case he automatically uses CHEATBREAK, with whatever consequences that entails.

Research!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2020, 05:45:56 pm »

Al will remain in the area until Bartholomew cools down from raging; which isn't strictly necessary but Bartholomew is too susceptible to taunts while raged for Al's liking. In the meantime, Al and Bartholomew will do a quick check for any objects on the assassin that appear to be of importance or value.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2020, 06:26:33 pm »

"Well, my AWP already came with a silencer, so you won't need to sell one to me. What are the prices per sniper round for each type?"
it's over

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2020, 06:43:27 pm »

Research!
(Reading roll=73%+2% from previous)
You continue reading The Secrets of The Mountain of Dusk. After waffling on a bit more about the nature of secrets and their definition, the book starts in on the actual good stuff, mentioning a secret treasure left in a cave in the mountain called The Angry Abyss, a secret affair a politician had on the mountain, all the secret menu items at all the restaurants on the mountain, the secret True Name of the mountain, the secret underground tunnel system and harbor inside the mountain, and the secret location of Everleigh Chunwere's remains in The Lost Temple.

You're 3/4 of the way through this book and your remaining reading queue is Mountains of the World, Why No One Talks About The Mountain of Dusk Anymore, Basic Geomantic Experimentation, and 18 Facts About the Mountain of Dusk Everyone Thinks are True.

Al will remain in the area until Bartholomew cools down from raging; which isn't strictly necessary but Bartholomew is too susceptible to taunts while raged for Al's liking. In the meantime, Al and Bartholomew will do a quick check for any objects on the assassin that appear to be of importance or value.
Giving Bartholomew a moment to calm down, Al picks through the assassin's belongings. In addition to her Wicked Oak Piercer Crossbow, he finds a dozen Scorpion Bolts, 1,741 Spectral Doubloons, A leather key chain with no keys, a blue crystal, a small telescope, and a set of false teeth.

"Well, my AWP already came with a silencer, so you won't need to sell one to me. What are the prices per sniper round for each type?"
"Hold on, I think I got a list. This is per magazine."

incendiary ammo - 37 Golden Pennies
electrifying ammo - 47 Golden Pennies
freezing ammo 32 - Golden Pennies
ghost-killing ammo - 42 Golden Pennies
silver bullets - 68 Golden Pennies
exploding ammo - 56 Golden Pennies
healing ammo - 22 Golden Pennies
grappling ammo - 39 Golden Pennies
scent-seeking ammo - 68 Golden Pennies
teleporting ammo - 53 Golden Pennies
mind-control ammo - 90 Golden Pennies
knockout ammo - 40 Golden Pennies
snare ammo - 32 Golden Pennies
bread-baking ammo - 34 Golden Pennies
bubble-making ammo - 37 Golden Pennies
Guaranteed-kill ammo - 138 Golden Pennies and a blood sample of the target or other token of significance
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 06:46:50 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2020, 06:49:31 pm »

Research!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2020, 08:16:22 pm »

"Where do I get golden pennies? Also, how much does conventional ammo cost?"
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2020, 09:24:06 pm »

Al casts the druid spell Detect Magic to see if any of the items are magical. (Bringing druid spell slots down to 8). Al will take any items that are NOT magical. If magic is detected, Al will remain longer to decide what should and should not be messed with.

If none of the items are magical, Al and Bartholomew will return to the spirit coconut with the items in tow.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2020, 09:45:48 pm »

Research!
(Reading roll=6%+75% from previous)

You keep reading The Secrets of The Mountain of Dusk, and the book has started to turn especially cryptic. There seems to be some implications of a political assassination that happened on the mountain, that may or may not be tied to secret alien invaders that visit the mountain and have secret meetings with world government officials. Or maybe secret government officials. Or is the government itself secret? It's a little hard to parse.

You're still making your way through this book and you have Mountains of the World, Why No One Talks About The Mountain of Dusk Anymore, Basic Geomantic Experimentation, and 18 Facts About the Mountain of Dusk Everyone Thinks are True left in your reading queue.

"Where do I get golden pennies? Also, how much does conventional ammo cost?"
"Golden pennies can be obtained in exchange for goods and services. Or you can loot them off of the Rain Turtles that are found on the Beachhaven Beach."

Al casts the druid spell Detect Magic to see if any of the items are magical. (Bringing druid spell slots down to 8). Al will take any items that are NOT magical. If magic is detected, Al will remain longer to decide what should and should not be messed with.

If none of the items are magical, Al and Bartholomew will return to the spirit coconut with the items in tow.
Casting Detect Magic, you see that the Wicked Oak Piercer Crossbow is magical, the Scorpion Bolts aren't, the Spectral Doubloons aren't (or at least don't have any enchantments on them), the leather key chain with no keys isn't magical, the blue crystal is magical, the small telescope isn't magical, and the set of false teeth aren't magical.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2020, 10:04:53 pm »

REDESRCJ
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23