Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21255 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2020, 07:07:27 pm »

While its true that the Hippie class has no upper limit on Substance Tolerance, having that much of it will make you immune to a lot of the trademark hippie consumable items. You may want to consider lowering it so that it is no more than three or maybe four times as high as your Weedomancy skill.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2020, 11:30:09 am »

Alright, well, if there isn't an absolute consensus on the starting location, I will take all the votes everyone's made, put them in a table, and roll randomly for the starting location, as per the rules.

Okay, so I tallied up the votes, and then I added in Beachhaven at the end to make it a convenient d7 roll
  • Claw Machine
  • Lesser Dirtstick
  • Duckwater
  • Dumpster Fire
  • Claw Machine
  • Truck Stop
  • Beachhaven

Spoiler: Diceroll (click to show/hide)

Okay, looks like we'll be starting in Beachhaven.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2020, 11:34:51 am »

I just checked the table and apparently beachhaven is lovely this time of eon, so I'm fine with that. It'll be nice to start an adventure with some nice relaxation for once. Just remember to buy megalodon repellent.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2020, 01:44:59 pm »

Well I am certainly going Bison surfing for my downtime.  Looks like a good starting location.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2020, 05:48:11 pm »

Which Water Manual will we be using for wet mechanics?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2020, 05:54:07 pm »

I uh, hope we won't be needing those.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2020, 07:14:57 pm »

Which Water Manual will we be using for wet mechanics?
I was thinking of using the Moisture Manual with a few bits and pieces from the Dampness Dissertation.

I uh, hope we won't be needing those.
Yeah, probably not, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2020, 07:18:25 pm »

So when are we starting this?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2020, 07:32:56 pm »

I'm planning to have the initial write-up tomorrow, assuming I don't get around to it tonight.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2020, 09:21:47 pm »

Turn 1

Beachhaven. The Big Sandy. The Ol' Dryness Next To The Wetness. This town has many names, but those who call it home know it only as Beachhaven.

As the sun rises this morning, it slowly makes its way across the rippling waves of Lake Beach, spreads across the sands of Beachhaven Beach, dotted with countless lounge chairs and umbrellas and shop stands, and eventually the rays make their way to the main commercial district, with its tall sand skyscrapers stretching to the clouds.

You all start at an icecream stand known as the Rippled Fudge Pickle. The bartender ice cream standtender is idly wiping clean some mugs ice-cream cones. He asks for you order.

Out of the corner of your eye, you notice a shady-looking cloaked figure hanging out in the shadowy corner of the ice cream stand.

What do you do?

Also, I went ahead and rolled up everyone's Star Signs:
Spoiler: chaotick21/Smarv (click to show/hide)
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2020, 09:36:41 pm »

"Wallnut. Icecream. And a hot tea. Now now now! I'll pay double!"
The Modified Kin Human waves their vestigial wings dramatically. Today is his day off and she's not about to waste time they could be spending eating icecream and drinking tea and carefully observing attractive people for scientific reasons.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2020, 09:40:48 pm »

"Wallnut. Icecream. And a hot tea. Now now now! I'll pay double!"
The Modified Kin Human waves their vestigial wings dramatically. Today is his day off and she's not about to waste time they could be spending eating icecream and drinking tea and carefully observing attractive people for scientific reasons.
"Of course."

The standtender quickly and methodically puts a whole walnut, a scoop of unflavored ice cream, and hot tea into an ice cream cone and hands it to you.

"That'll be 40 Sand Dollars."
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2020, 09:50:22 pm »

Bartholomew comes close to putting in an order, but Al interjects to point out that whatever currency they own is decidedly non-sand based. Al/Bartholomew approaches teh shady-looking cloaked figure and inquires if they have any jobs available.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2020, 10:01:11 pm »

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! PERFECT!"
Grinning, Aya-Vary-Jury produces a gleaming, resplendent sand-coin-o-twenty from somewhere (certainly not their inventory) and slaps it on the counter.

Begin the enjoyment phase! My first roll is a... 8.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2020, 10:15:58 pm »

Bartholomew comes close to putting in an order, but Al interjects to point out that whatever currency they own is decidedly non-sand based. Al/Bartholomew approaches teh shady-looking cloaked figure and inquires if they have any jobs available.
The shady-looking figure greets you and waves enthusiastically. "Hello there! My name is Denry Diggles. I'm looking for capable adventurers to travel to the Mountain of Dusk in search of the Misfortune Elixir. Might you be able to help me?"

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! PERFECT!"
Grinning, Aya-Vary-Jury produces a gleaming, resplendent sand-coin-o-twenty from somewhere (certainly not their inventory) and slaps it on the counter.

Begin the enjoyment phase! My first roll is a... 8.
You have succeeded the enjoyment phase. You may now proceed to the post-enjoyment phase.
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23