Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21236 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2020, 10:19:13 pm »

I reap a bounty of 15 satisfaction tokens!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2020, 10:23:27 pm »

Al responds. "That depends. We are going to need some more information first. Does this job necessitate finding and bringing back the elixir, or just partaking in the action of searching for it? And how much does it pay?"
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2020, 10:30:56 pm »

Al responds. "That depends. We are going to need some more information first. Does this job necessitate finding and bringing back the elixir, or just partaking in the action of searching for it? And how much does it pay?"
"A reasonable question! Ordinarily, I might pay adventures to simply spend some time looking for an object and pay them for having completed such an act, but, in this case, I actually do need the item in question brought to me. For this task, I am willing to pay 500 Gembricks to each participant."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2020, 10:35:37 pm »

Aya-Vary-Jury pops a satisfaction token into their mouth, descending upon the quest-giver.

"Hey you work out?"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2020, 10:36:46 pm »

Al replies. "Each participant? So if two thousand people participated in bringing you the elixir you would pay out a million Gembricks?"

Bartholomew chimes in. "Does this elixir bring misfortune just to who quaffs it, or to the person who carried it?"
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2020, 10:48:34 pm »

Aya-Vary-Jury pops a satisfaction token into their mouth, descending upon the quest-giver.

"Hey you work out?"
"No, but thank you for noticing!"

Al replies. "Each participant? So if two thousand people participated in bringing you the elixir you would pay out a million Gembricks?"

Bartholomew chimes in. "Does this elixir bring misfortune just to who quaffs it, or to the person who carried it?"
"Well, I can only afford to pay up to seven participants, but I'm hoping there are enough people involved to properly complete the task.

"Like most elixirs, it only has effect if you quaff it. Please don't do that, because I actually need it."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2020, 10:54:06 pm »

"Money! Hire me I've got a big brain!" Aya-Vary-Jury screams, at this point quite high on the fumes of wholesome freetime enjoyment.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2020, 10:55:34 pm »

"Money! Hire me I've got a big brain!" Aya-Vary-Jury screams, at this point quite high on the fumes of wholesome freetime enjoyment.
"That does sound like the sort of thing a very smart person would say. Very, well, you're hired!"

He looks between Al and Bartholomew and Aya-Vary-Jury. "Now, this adventure will likely take quite a few to accomplish it, so, if you find any other adventurers to accompany, let them know that I will pay them well. And don't try to murder them to take a cut of their pay, because you'll have to report back to me, and I'll pay everyone individually. Or course, nothing's stopping you from murdering them for their Gembricks after I pay you all."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:00:10 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2020, 11:02:53 pm »

Go into town and gather intel on the location in question!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2020, 11:12:01 pm »

Al starts by asking where the mountain is, and what kind of architecture to look for. If an elixir was going to be unshattered and unquaffed on a mountain for an extended period of time it would presumably need to be kept indoors somewhere.

Bartholomew asks if there's going to be violence involved.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2020, 06:31:35 am »

Bubba Jobob like most Wagonmancers is poor and can't have nice things such as ice cream, so he sets out to do the thing a Wagonmancer traditionally does when at Beachhaven he must tame a dolphin, but an MP40 is not the item needed to tame one, for he must do it the traditional way and that requires a crowbar!

So he sets forth to search alleyways and abandoned warehouses for the crowbar.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2020, 02:12:10 pm »

Go into town and gather intel on the location in question!
Your search for information brings you to the Beachhaven Central Library. Its high sand roof is supported by tall, strong sand pillars, and, as you walk up its sand steps and enter its sand interior, you are greeted by the Shadow Minotaur librarian sitting at the front sand desk.

"Hello, I'm the librarian, Blinze Tamtin. Can I help you find anything?"

Al starts by asking where the mountain is, and what kind of architecture to look for. If an elixir was going to be unshattered and unquaffed on a mountain for an extended period of time it would presumably need to be kept indoors somewhere.

Bartholomew asks if there's going to be violence involved.
"The Mountain of Dusk lies past the Welcoming Hills, which are 133° Southeast of here. I don't know precisely where in the mountain the elixir lies, all I know is that it was last in the possession of the Sad Dwarf Everleigh Chenwere."

"Violence may not be a necessary outcome, you may be able to avert violence if it comes up, but it is a strong possibility."

Bubba Jobob like most Wagonmancers is poor and can't have nice things such as ice cream, so he sets out to do the thing a Wagonmancer traditionally does when at Beachhaven he must tame a dolphin, but an MP40 is not the item needed to tame one, for he must do it the traditional way and that requires a crowbar!

So he sets forth to search alleyways and abandoned warehouses for the crowbar.
(secret Star Sign ability roll)
You are in luck! You manage to find a nearby abandoned crowbar warehouse. However, all the crowbars are packed into crates, with no visible nearby means of opening them. What do you do?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2020, 02:21:01 pm »

Al asks if the shady character or anyone they know has even been in contact with the elixir in the past. If so, then it might be possible to scry for it using blood magic with a bit of the person's blood.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2020, 02:30:41 pm »

Al asks if the shady character or anyone they know has even been in contact with the elixir in the past. If so, then it might be possible to scry for it using blood magic with a bit of the person's blood.
"Heavens, no. I only know of it from legends, when it was lost in the Enmity Aeon. Possibly if you could somehow find a sample of Everleigh Chenwere's blood somewhere, that might help, but I don't personally know how you might procure such a thing."
Glory to Arstotzka!

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2020, 07:22:34 pm »

Smarv tries to make a new drug. (As stated in Advanced Chemistry Vol.5: Unlikely Experimentation, you need to roll for effects, potency, and danger)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23