Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 20713 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« on: October 18, 2020, 06:43:47 pm »

Who here has played IGYNPADCA or its single-player spin-off? Or maybe you played the MOBA version? And also there was a remastered version of the original that had a few changes.

Anyway, some years back they made a tabletop rpg for it that I previously ran, and recently they released a 2nd edition of that, which we'll be playing.

So what I'll need from you is to follow the character creation rules in the book and tell me your character's name, any classes or races they may have, their primary weapon (or other item if they don't use weapons), their most relevant skills and/or abilities, and any other character info that seems relevant. I'll allow up to 7 players at a time.

Character Template for convenience:

Name:
Class(es):
Race(s):
Primary Weapon or Item:
Skills:
Abilities:
Anything Else:

So I'll ask that each player has no more than 2 or 3 permanent followers at a time. You know, things like: henchmen, familiars, animal companions, manimal companions, hirelings, mercenaries, guards, squires, apprentices, minstrels, backup singers, attorneys, accountants, etc. Note that this limit doesn't apply to swarms, herds, flocks, parliments, etc. of low intelligence creatures, so classes like Shepherds, Swineherds, and Dustherds are still fine. Also, any Petmancer-type classes are good, as long as they can't control more than three creatures at a time. And any hivemind followers are okay as long as the hivemind doesn't collectively have more power than a single creature. Also note that the swarm exception also allows for entourages, yes-men, admiring fans, and other possibly intelligent-seeming but mostly useless hangers-on.

Also, let me know where you think we should start out. Last time I had everyone begin in Lesser Dirtstick, but you can suggest another starting location if you want.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 07:54:16 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:02:48 pm »

Are you going to be using the lost continent expansion book?

I would really like to play a Tigris Acrobat but the troop construction rules might add a lot of extra NPCs for you to deal with and might mess with your story line.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 08:29:21 pm »

I'm fine with most expansions and am cool with pretty much any direction the players want to take things, but, just to keep things manageable, I'll ask that players not take anything that adds in a lot of extra NPCs.

So I'll ask that each player has no more than 2 or 3 permanent followers at a time. You know, things like: henchmen, familiars, animal companions, manimal companions, hirelings, mercenaries, guards, squires, apprentices, minstrels, backup singers, attorneys, accountants, etc.

Also, I'm going to limit any ownership or use of a spaceship until you find and/or acquire a spaceship. Astral sea ships are still fine, though.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 08:31:31 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 07:37:12 am »

Will the Pebblemancer be allowed in this game?

I would love for someone to play it, but I think it's kinda overpowered.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 08:28:51 am »

Are we going to allow the gimmicky joke weapons like the assault pancake and condom cannon, I'm hoping not as they take away from the serous tone of the game.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 10:10:20 am »

So I'll ask that each player has no more than 2 or 3 permanent followers at a time. You know, things like: henchmen, familiars, animal companions, manimal companions, hirelings, mercenaries, guards, squires, apprentices, minstrels, backup singers, attorneys, accountants, etc.
Note that this limit doesn't apply to swarms, herds, flocks, parliments, etc. of low intelligence creatures, so classes like Shepherds, Swineherds, and Dustherds are still fine. Also, any Petmancer-type classes are good, as long as they can't control more than three creatures at a time. And any hivemind followers are okay as long as the hivemind doesn't collectively have more power than a single creature.

Also, I'm willing to convert just about any 1st edition material to 2nd, except for the stuff that drives one insane upon merely glancing at its text. I'll leave that stuff to the players.

And I'm willing to allow some 3rd party material on a case-by-case basis, but, for example, if you want to play a Naughty Nun of Narcissa, while I'll consider consenting to contending with such conceited convent concubines, you'll have to confront the consequences which concur because of this counterfeit content.

Will the Pebblemancer be allowed in this game?

I would love for someone to play it, but I think it's kinda overpowered.
Oh, no way. Of course not. It's way too overpowered. I didn't think anyone would even try to play it, and, if they did, I'd just ban them immediately, since why would you even want someone who would consider playing a Pebblemancer in your game?

Also, I'm disallowing the Godnuker class, since it's way too underpowered, so I don't think such a character could contribute in any meaningful way.

Are we going to allow the gimmicky joke weapons like the assault pancake and condom cannon, I'm hoping not as they take away from the serous tone of the game.
Oh, definitely not. This is a very serious game, and we can't have anyone not taking it serious.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 07:15:42 pm »

Do you have a character sheet I can fill out?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 08:54:41 pm »

Do you have a character sheet I can fill out?
Well, if you look in the Igynpadca RPG 2nd Edition Players Treatise, it has a race/class matrix to help you figure out which of the different character sheets is most useful for your character, but mostly what I need is:

Name:
Class(es):
Race(s):
Primary Weapon or Item:
Skills:
Abilities:
Anything Else:
Glory to Arstotzka!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 09:51:06 pm »

Name:Zacharias "Silver Star" Hazz
Class(es): Acrobat (Elementalist side-class)
Race(s): Ice Tiger Half-Orc
Primary Weapon or Item: Projector type Holo Gauntlet: Level 6 (Beginner Rank)
                                   Complexity: rank B
                                   Range: rank C
                                   Duration: rank B
                                   Damage: rank C
Skills: Mace Mastery 36% 
           Arctic Survival 54%
           Jumping (windows) 77%
           Jumping (rooftops) 35%
           Jumping (chandeliers) 47%
           Jumping (giant monsters) 21%
           Computer Surgery 14%
           Go 56%
           Small Aircraft 40%
           Social Manipulation 32%

Abilities: Memetic Sorcery - Can choose 15 Kants worth of spells at each rest period.
            Wind Walker Parkour - Get access to all the elemental air movement powers.

Anything Else: Deputized sheriff in "Alliance of Four" cities

Troop followers:

Name:Sanztacked the Bard
Class(es): Prison
Race(s): Human
Primary Weapon or Item: Moth Eaten Scarf
Skills: Frog Taming <tagged>
              Tree Law
              Running Forum Games
Abilities: Red Speech
              Prison Space

Name: Miss Chief the Amazing Four Legged Horse (Real name: Run-Green Vazak)
Class(es): Illusionist
Race(s): Horse
Primary Weapon or Item: Remington Adaptive Combat Rifle
Skills: Juggling <tagged>
              Trick Shooting
              Scouting (wilderness)
              Scouting (K-Pop Stars)
Abilities: Equine Telekinesis

Will roll my acrobat troop up randomly later on and choose 3 of them as companions.  The troops can get up to 45 characters so ill probably just post the three I choose lol.
              Arctic survival is the base skill for the Ice Wolf and it seemed to fit well enough.  I can swap it out for a golem piloting or brewer skill if it will fit the group better.  Half orcs NEED to have small aircraft skill of course so at least I have a vehicle option for later.

Life path went kind of weird, maybe I don't know how it works well?  Basically I wanted Acrobat but rolled Elementalist so I went with something similar then upgraded to acrobat in the third semester and gene spliced into orc.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 01:39:15 pm by VoidSlayer »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 09:56:42 pm »

Are you going to put an upper (or lower) limit on player character size and multiclassing?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2020, 10:08:10 pm »

I used a random character generator which I found online, but I'm not sure if it worked right... can I use this anyways?

Name: NOSTRING
Class(es): NONE
Race(s): NONE
Primary Weapon or Item: [EMPTY]
Skills: NONE, NONE, NONE
Abilities: NONE, NONE
Anything Else: -
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2020, 10:19:24 pm »

Will roll my acrobat troop up randomly later on and choose 3 of them as companions.  The troops can get up to 45 characters so ill probably just post the three I choose lol.
              Arctic survival is the base skill for the Ice Wolf and it seemed to fit well enough.  I can swap it out for a golem piloting or brewer skill if it will fit the group better.  Half orcs NEED to have small aircraft skill of course so at least I have a vehicle option for later.
Yeah, the rest of your troop can just hang out in the nearest town or city, and just be generally too busy performing for you too call them up for help until you need replacements.

And, if you don't swap for golem piloting or brewer, I'm sure someone else will. I can't imagine how you play a game without someone in the party having at least one of them. I mean, I guess some groups manage, but I don't see how.

Are you going to put an upper (or lower) limit on player character size and multiclassing?
I figure size on the upper and lower limits are pretty well balanced by how hard it makes it to interact with most buildings and objects (though you might do better in giant or pixie cities), and the different multiclassing options are limited by different penalties and drawbacks and curses you can pick up for having too much of them.

I used a random character generator which I found online, but I'm not sure if it worked right... can I use this anyways?

Name: NOSTRING
Class(es): NONE
Race(s): NONE
Primary Weapon or Item: [EMPTY]
Skills: NONE, NONE, NONE
Abilities: NONE, NONE
Anything Else: -
Oh, no, I think you're going to have to roll it again. The NONE class/NONE race combo is by far considered one of the most OP in the game, and when you combine it with the NONE, NONE, and NONE skills while wielding [EMPTY] and using the NONE and NONE abilities in combination, it's like, I don't even know why the developers allowed such a thing, and it's really up to GMs to ban stuff like this on sight, just to be safe.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2020, 10:32:38 pm »

Well, now you've done it. I tried rerolling my results and this is what I got.

Name: ---not
Class(es): ---
Race(s): unsort
Primary Weapon or Item: [emp_TY]
Skills: ---
Abilities: ---
Anything Else: ---

Since this is clearly too broken to actually play, could we please just houserule the NONE class/race a little bit?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 10:37:12 pm »

Have you tried clearing out the part of the url after the ? on that character generator site? I suspect that you may have followed a link that sets the default to an inappropriate point total setting or something. Or maybe use a different sheet variant?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2020, 10:41:16 pm »

Nevermind, it's just haunted. Think I'll have to dig up my old books and do this the old fashioned way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23