Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21113 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2020, 10:43:52 pm »

Also Kadzar said we are not starting with a spaceship for the group so you can add 4 Red Karma to the standard point buy that the generator uses.

Edit: Nevermind, that makes more sense.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2020, 10:47:07 pm »

Also Kadzar said we are not starting with a spaceship for the group so you can add 4 Red Karma to the standard point buy that the generator uses.
Oh, yeah. Good call on that. Anyone who's already made a character, feel free to adjust for this if you already haven't.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 10:55:34 pm »

Name: Aya-Vary-Jury Hay-Gorn-Tried-Only
Class(es): Thinker, Cheater
Race(s): Human, Modified, Kin
Primary Weapon or Item: Liquid Nothing
Skills: Cheating 101%, Thinking 27%, Tea-Brewing 1%, HIT 50%, RESIST 50.1%
Abilities: THINKHARDER, Steal, Taste, CHEATBREAK(consequences level 4 (aka judgement))
Anything Else: "Can build knives out of tea products, provided that the tea is of a higher value than 1 Gleaming per liter."

There we are, a nice vanilla character. Not sure how I ended up with an extra 0.1% RESIST, though.

Since Liquid Nothingness is technically a type of tea, this build can actually be a bit of a damage monster, counterintuitively.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 10:57:22 pm by Egan_BW »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2020, 12:16:07 am »

Spoiler: Character Status (click to show/hide)

I got some help from a friend to get my sheet generated. He warned me that I might not be allowed to start with squirrel, but it might be allowed if we don't have access to a spaceship and that it was nerfed a bit in 2nd Edition.

I recall there being precedent for an Ettin's second head being considered as part of a player character and thus not classified as a permanent follower, but I can't seem to find the page where its mentioned.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 04:19:25 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2020, 12:22:43 am »

The game's creator told me in an email that the second head of an ettin only counts as a part of your player character if it's severed, and if it's still attached it has to take up a minion slot.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2020, 01:00:11 am »

Ah. I see. So I have to allocate the Lone Wolf modifier to the second head specifically in order for my character to not invalidate its own modifier.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2020, 07:57:14 am »

Name: Bubba Jobob
Class(es): Wagonmancer
Race(s): Zebra / Wagon kin
Primary Weapon or Item: MP40 (30/30)
Skills:
 Wagon summoning: 43%
 Wagon language: 14%
 Brick throwing: 20%
 Egg detection: 50%
 Dodging: 05%
 Firearm use: 24%
 Small creature kicking: 30%
Abilities:
 Polymorph other into wagon
 Raise wagon from dead
 Friend to all wagons
Anything Else: Is an enemy of the state Road Island

Does anyone know why the MP40 is listed 6 times in Modern Weapons Table 38: Firearms from 1980-2000, is this a misprint or what?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2020, 12:58:16 pm »

Does anyone know why the MP40 is listed 6 times in Modern Weapons Table 38: Firearms from 1980-2000, is this a misprint or what?

Yeah it is a misprint.  Every modern weapon should also be printed 6 times to account for the 5 alternate reality strings.  If you look in column K and F you can see the differences between them.  The ones printed are from Purple strand.  The modifiers from table 34-A can be applied in order to get the actual values for the other strands except for the P-96 pistol and any smoke launchers.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2020, 03:13:56 pm »

He warned me that I might not be allowed to start with squirrel, but it might be allowed if we don't have access to a spaceship and that it was nerfed a bit in 2nd Edition.
Man, does anyone else remember what it was like playing with the squirrel skill in 1st Edition? You could basically bury anything you wanted for the winter, and I think you could store extra items in your cheeks (or am I thinking of chipmunk?)

So I'll ask that each player has no more than 2 or 3 permanent followers at a time. You know, things like: henchmen, familiars, animal companions, manimal companions, hirelings, mercenaries, guards, squires, apprentices, minstrels, backup singers, attorneys, accountants, etc.
Note that this limit doesn't apply to swarms, herds, flocks, parliments, etc. of low intelligence creatures, so classes like Shepherds, Swineherds, and Dustherds are still fine. Also, any Petmancer-type classes are good, as long as they can't control more than three creatures at a time. And any hivemind followers are okay as long as the hivemind doesn't collectively have more power than a single creature.
Also note that the swarm exception also allows for entourages, yes-men, admiring fans, and other possibly intelligent-seeming but mostly useless hangers-on.

Also also,
Also, let me know where you think we should start out. Last time I had everyone begin in Lesser Dirtstick, but you can suggest another starting location if you want.
does anyone have any opinions on a starting location?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2020, 03:18:12 pm »

I'm fond of The Claw Machine, personally.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2020, 04:43:43 pm »

First edition squirrel gave tree acrobatics basically for free in addition to the other stuff. Squirrel also let you do the cheek thing, but chipmunk was better for that particular trick.

I don't have a strong preference for starting locations. Lesser Dirtstick is fine. I'll admit a certain fondness for Duckwater though.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2020, 05:29:36 am »

Yeah it is a misprint.  Every modern weapon should also be printed 6 times to account for the 5 alternate reality strings.  If you look in column K and F you can see the differences between them.  The ones printed are from Purple strand.  The modifiers from table 34-A can be applied in order to get the actual values for the other strands except for the P-96 pistol and any smoke launchers.
Well that makes since, still not sure why its with guns from 1980 though and not in the section with all the other WWII guns.

As for starting location I never tried truck stop bathroom so that might be interesting, but if no one likes that I've always enjoyed starting in Dumpster Fire.   
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2020, 01:40:49 pm »

Well that makes since, still not sure why its with guns from 1980 though and not in the section with all the other WWII guns.

As for starting location I never tried truck stop bathroom so that might be interesting, but if no one likes that I've always enjoyed starting in Dumpster Fire.

Dumpster Fire has some problematic elements though, honestly it seems like Ian Robscotcker didn't even write that part of the setting.  I don't want to go into any spoiler details though if you want to play through it.

Claw Machine or truck stop would be would be good choices though.

Added my followers to the original post, I rolled up 17 but most are rivals or hostile to each other so I just grabbed the two I think could work for now.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2020, 03:22:01 pm »

Alright, well, if there isn't an absolute consensus on the starting location, I will take all the votes everyone's made, put them in a table, and roll randomly for the starting location, as per the rules.
Glory to Arstotzka!

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2020, 05:43:48 pm »

Name: Smarv

Class(es): Hippie

Race(s): Ganja Gremlin

Primary Weapon or Item: Banjo

Skills:
Acoustics 77%
Chill 40%
Knows Stuff 36%
LSD Summoning 82%
Substance Tolerance 400000%
Weedomancy 67%
Cooking 20%
Spirituality 45%

Abilities:
 Calming Smoke
 Make others see trippy visuals
 Play any song
 Drink any poison without getting injured(Passive)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23