Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21134 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2020, 07:24:44 pm »

Smarv tries to make a new drug. (As stated in Advanced Chemistry Vol.5: Unlikely Experimentation, you need to roll for effects, potency, and danger)
Alright, what are using as reagents?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2020, 07:33:46 pm »

Some powdered manbearpig tooth and the blood of an almond.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2020, 07:39:13 pm »

Al and Bartholomew go to spend a bit of time exploring Beachhaven; keeping an eye out for spirit palm trees, or anything else of interest.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2020, 09:05:58 pm »

Some powdered manbearpig tooth and the blood of an almond.
(Effects: d9=5, Potency: d11=5, Danger: d13=9)
You create something. It will take experimentation to figure out what it does.

Al and Bartholomew go to spend a bit of time exploring Beachhaven; keeping an eye out for spirit palm trees, or anything else of interest.
Opening your eyes to the spirit world (does that take a use of your Shamanism ability?) you see numerous spirit palm trees covering the beach, lingering in place from when the place was much more forested. There are also some still-living palm trees dotted here and there.

Besides palm trees, there's various beachgoers covering the place. In addition the usual crowd, there's quite a substantial amount of university teens on autumn break. You see a group nearby playing beach basketball. Several frat dudes seem to be attempting to consume more alcohol than a humanoid body can contain purely by a volumetric standard. And you notice several people hauling bison down to the water to go surfing.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2020, 09:29:12 pm »

If I am not explicitly casting a spell, then I can look into the spirit world without the need to expend a spell slot if I roll a d100 beneath my introspection skill... Rolled a 72.

So... Yes. It does. That brings me to 9 shaman spells for the day.

Al and Bartholomew go to talk to the frat dudes to see if I can get them to share some alcohol.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2020, 09:47:26 pm »

If I am not explicitly casting a spell, then I can look into the spirit world without the need to expend a spell slot if I roll a d100 beneath my introspection skill... Rolled a 72.

So... Yes. It does. That brings me to 9 shaman spells for the day.

Al and Bartholomew go to talk to the frat dudes to see if I can get them to share some alcohol.
As you approach the frat dudes, they seem to get excited.
"Hey, guys, check out the big two-headed dude over here!"
"Hey, two-headed dude, can you chug?"
A couple of them come up to you, offering you two tubes that are each connected to kegs held upside-down.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2020, 10:42:28 pm »

Okay... Lets see here...

That's easily going to be enough alcohol to restore my druid spell slot and then some, so Al will cast the druid spell <Purify Food and Drink> to remove any poison or disease from the alcohol. Doesn't do anything about it being alcoholic, but it will avoid the worst case scenario as frat dudes are known to put strange stuff in people's drinks sometimes.

Then I'll have Al accept the offer. If I can pass a charisma roll against myself then I can do this with just Al, but a failure will have Bartholomew drink as well.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2020, 11:13:13 pm »

Okay... Lets see here...

That's easily going to be enough alcohol to restore my druid spell slot and then some, so Al will cast the druid spell <Purify Food and Drink> to remove any poison or disease from the alcohol. Doesn't do anything about it being alcoholic, but it will avoid the worst case scenario as frat dudes are known to put strange stuff in people's drinks sometimes.

Then I'll have Al accept the offer. If I can pass a charisma roll against myself then I can do this with just Al, but a failure will have Bartholomew drink as well.
Okay, are you doing anything to disguise the fact that you're casting? Because if the frat dudes catch on to what you're doing, they'll think you're a wuss.

Also, what's your charisma rating?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2020, 11:30:38 pm »

"Need the shiny deets on a place called the mountain of dusk, my fine person. And may I just say that you look particularly handsome today?"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2020, 12:18:28 am »

My charisma modifier is just at base value, but I can also add my Politician modifier to it; and since politician can ignore inconvenient facts I can turn off its charisma defense effect for this roll.

And I think I got a plan that will adequately disguise the spell. I'll use Squirrel to store some (but not all) of the alcohol in my cheeks, and cast the spell on that (My large character size also passively affects cheek capacity too). This will prevent the keg from glowing if it is made of mythril or something.

If I fail the charisma modifier, then I can use Batholomew's Chef class to detect subtleties of taste; which would pick up something if the remaining liquid in the keg is tainted.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2020, 01:49:06 am »

"Need the shiny deets on a place called the mountain of dusk, my fine person. And may I just say that you look particularly handsome today?"
Blinze blushes and strokes their horns. "Oh, thanks for noticing, I just had them polished!
"Now, you said you're looking for information on the Mountain of Dusk? I believe that would be somewhere in the 910 section. Let me show you."

Blinze takes you past many rows of sand shelves until they arrive at one, at which point they start pulling several books off the shelf and lay them down on a nearby sand table.

Mountains Of The Past
The Secrets of The Mountain of Dusk
Mountains of the World
18 Facts About the Mountain of Dusk Everyone Thinks are True
Why No One Talks About The Mountain of Dusk Anymore
Basic Geomantic Experimentation
A Foolproof Guide to the Mountain of Dusk

"There, that should get you started."
My charisma modifier is just at base value, but I can also add my Politician modifier to it; and since politician can ignore inconvenient facts I can turn off its charisma defense effect for this roll.

And I think I got a plan that will adequately disguise the spell. I'll use Squirrel to store some (but not all) of the alcohol in my cheeks, and cast the spell on that (My large character size also passively affects cheek capacity too). This will prevent the keg from glowing if it is made of mythril or something.

If I fail the charisma modifier, then I can use Batholomew's Chef class to detect subtleties of taste; which would pick up something if the remaining liquid in the keg is tainted.
((Al Charisma(Politician) 13%)vs(Bartholomew Charisma(Politician) 13%)=(55 vs 38). Al Wins)
Al is able to convince Bartholomew that, since they both share the same stomach, Al drinking will get them both drunk.

(Squirrel 2%=21 failure)
(Frat dudes' Notice 10%=94 failure)
Your limited training in Squirrel is not adequate to store alcohol while trying to surreptitiously cast a spell, but luckily the frat dudes are so heavily buzzed that they don't even notice and are impressed by your drinking ability.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2020, 01:52:57 am »

Begin research phase!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2020, 01:53:32 am »

Is it safe to assume that I received enough alcohol to restore my Druid spell slots from that?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2020, 02:26:49 am »

Begin research phase!
Which book do you check first?

Is it safe to assume that I received enough alcohol to restore my Druid spell slots from that?
Oh, yeah.
Glory to Arstotzka!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2020, 03:40:32 am »

In order to get the crowbars I use my wagon summoning powers to summon a station wagon (I should be a bonus as station wagons naturally roam beaches) then once the station wagon arrives I use my zebra strength to pick it up and smash the crates with it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23