Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 20714 times)

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2020, 06:01:53 am »

Test the drug on myself.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2020, 06:27:52 am »

Place all the books into queue in random order.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2020, 11:59:25 am »

Turn 2
In order to get the crowbars I use my wagon summoning powers to summon a station wagon (I should be a bonus as station wagons naturally roam beaches) then once the station wagon arrives I use my zebra strength to pick it up and smash the crates with it.
(Wagon summoning 43%=32-10 Natural Habitat Bonus=22. Success!)
You use you summoning powers to successfully call forth a wandering station wagon.
(Zebra Strength 45%=82. Failure)
Unfortunately, you seem to have summoned a particular hefty specimen, and the strain of lifting it does (9d6=25) 25 hernia damage to you.

Test the drug on myself.
(Mishap roll d13=10. No Mishap this time)
A slippery, wet green leafy blanket seems to envelope you. Your skin becomes warty and green, and it feels kind of numb. And your face is now just a skull. Also, there seems to be something weird happening with your digestive system.

Otherwise, you feel fine.

Place all the books into queue in random order.
You start with A Foolproof Guide to the Mountain of Dusk, and read about (Reading roll=69% NICE) sixty-nine percent of it. You also gain (d4=2) two Niceness tokens.

From the book, you learn that the Mountain of Dusk is a mountain that is in a perpetual state of dusk. The mountain is home to numerous caves and temples, such as the Grimdes Cave, Manilisle Hideout, and Godelow Cavity for the former, and the Pantheon Of Devotion, the Shrine Of Perception, and the The Oracle Basin for the latter. There are a few small villages scattered over The mountain, but the only major city is known as Earthshore.

Many of the caves and caverns of the Mountain of Dusk are home to formations of a highly magical type of crystal called fusnalt. There are also numerous magical springs, healing, harming, and otherwise.

The mountain is home to the kalissesh, a creature with a gazelle head, doglike snout and long canines, five octopus-like eyes, and short antennae. It walks on two birdlike legs and has two useless arms that end in three-toed hooves and has a skunk-like tail and the torso of a camel. Its skin is mostly delicate, but its legs are covered in bristles, and it is completely vividly green. It preys on livestock, blood, animal skin, and other kalissesh.

Other creatures known to inhabit the mountain are the Phantasm Snail, the Necrotic Wombat, and the Nolxiks, a being formed from the souls of people who died feeling despair that reminds one of a sparrow with five faces, and has chalk-white scales covering its body.

And that's what you're able to learn from that book in a single turn.

You still have queued up Mountains Of The Past, The Secrets of The Mountain of Dusk, Mountains of the World, Why No One Talks About The Mountain of Dusk Anymore, Basic Geomantic Experimentation, and 18 Facts About the Mountain of Dusk Everyone Thinks are True.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2020, 01:02:55 pm »

Continue research phase!

By the way, are we using standardized or randomized crafting mishap rules? If they're standardized I might have to buy some tea recipes and put that 1% brewing skill to work...
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2020, 01:17:46 pm »

Continue research phase!

By the way, are we using standardized or randomized crafting mishap rules? If they're standardized I might have to buy some tea recipes and put that 1% brewing skill to work...
They're randomized unless you have a recipe, in which case they're standardized.

And are you going to try to continue to learn more from the same book or move on to the next one?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2020, 03:41:24 pm »

Al and Bartholomew will go to where a palm tree was previously detected, and look for coconuts.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2020, 03:55:32 pm »

Read each book till it's done, of course.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2020, 05:52:02 pm »

Is it too late to join? If it isn't, here's my sheet

Name: Lord Screech XIII
Class(es): Sniper, h4x0r
Race: Skittlemorph (Green)
Primary Weapon or Item: Silenced AWP (10/10 FMJ)
Other items: 5x 10-round sniper mags (FMJ)
Skills:
-Firearms (56%)
-Hacking (26%)
-Long-range combat (72%)
-Stealth (38%)
Abilities:
-Class:
 -Sniper:
  -Steady weapon: Active - Requires standing still, guarantees a hit with a ranged weapon if you're not interrupted before your next action. Uses Long-range combat and Firearms skill, depending on which one rolls higher.
 -H4x0r:
  -Basic Automation Control Override: Active - Allows rolling to control an enemy mechanical unit (robots, drones, etc) for 1d6 turns. Uses Hacking skill.
-Racial:
 -Natural Camouflage (Green): Passive - Gets a 20% bonus to blending in near green objects and environments, like forests, jungles, and grasslands.
Anything Else: N/A
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 07:16:05 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2020, 07:49:38 pm »

Al and Bartholomew will go to where a palm tree was previously detected, and look for coconuts.
As you scan over the location where a palm tree once stood and look at the ghost coconut beneath it, the ghost coconut looks back at you, and realizes that you can actually perceive it.

"Hey, buddy, or buddies I guess. You can actually see me, can't you? Look, you gotta help me bring my wife's killer to justice. It's been so long since I met any living person who could see me, but then that guy got murdered immediately, so I'm hoping maybe you can help me finally bring my soul to rest."

Read each book till it's done, of course.
(Reading roll=90%. Complete first book, 59% of next one.)

As you continue reading A Foolproof Guide to the Mountain of Dusk, the book covers the subject of many local holidays and festivals celebrated all over the mountain, the various demographics that make up its inhabitants, an overview of the many hostels, inn, taverns, and brothels it recommends visiting, and then ends by thanking you for reading it.

After that, you move on to Mountains of the Past. It starts out by talking about Esterkasing Highland, the mythical first mountain, then goes over various famous mountains throughout history, such as Growick Summit, the first mountain ever climbed (which later was found out to be just a hill); The Unscaled Mountain, a mountain known for never having been climbed, although it was actually named that because it possesses no scales; and there was a mountain that ran for president and was assassinated.

You learn many such facts like this until you reach an entry for the Mountain of Dusk, which says that it was the last known location of the Sad Dwarf Everleigh Chenwere, who carried the Misfortune Elixir and that it was believed to be the current location of said elixir, but no one knows precisely where.

That's as much as you learn before you hear the unmistakable sound of someone suddenly stepping out of a life-like painting nearby.

Is it too late to join? If it isn't, here's my sheet

Spoiler: Lord Screech XIII (click to show/hide)
Sure, we have room.

Nearby to Aya-Vary-Jury on the wall of the library is a lifelike painting, which Lord Screech XIII suddenly steps out of.

Also, your Star Sign:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 07:51:24 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2020, 08:00:01 pm »

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)

Anyways, my action will be to find a book that will tell me what I should be doing in a world where the concept of rules is a suggestion at best.

it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2020, 08:07:14 pm »

That person has a fancy modern firearm! Quick, swipe it without them noticing!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2020, 08:27:35 pm »

Al and Bartholomew immediately prepare to defend themselves and ready their weapons; just in case someone tries to kill them immediately!

If that does not happen, Al will request additional details from the Ghost Coconut.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2020, 07:25:37 am »

Damn my zebra strength failed me, time for plan B!
Use my knowledge of the wagon language to get the station wagon to break the crate open so I can obtain the crowbar.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2020, 09:36:38 am »

(I'll roll for the drug name. 82+56=Leechglory)
Examine the effects more in depth.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2020, 01:25:38 pm »

That's as much as you learn before you hear the unmistakable sound of someone suddenly stepping out of a life-like painting nearby.

I'm concerned that this happens regularly enough for people to recognise the sound.
it's over
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23