Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition  (Read 21788 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: IGYNPADCA RPG 2nd Edition
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2020, 06:33:26 pm »

Turn 3
Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)

Anyways, my action will be to find a book that will tell me what I should be doing in a world where the concept of rules is a suggestion at best.
The world makes perfect sense if you have a good enough understanding of the lore and rules.

But, anyway, (Search Roll d20=6. Failure) you have no such luck finding such a book. You get the feeling you're in the wrong section for that sort of thing.

That person has a fancy modern firearm! Quick, swipe it without them noticing!
(Steal Roll=99% vs (Notice Roll=78%+ 20% Natural Camouflage (Green)=98%))
Lord Screech is a little hard to see since he's standing next to some green books, but you manage to spot him well enough and just narrowly escape detection as you swipe his Silenced AWP (10/10 FMJ).

Al and Bartholomew immediately prepare to defend themselves and ready their weapons; just in case someone tries to kill them immediately!

If that does not happen, Al will request additional details from the Ghost Coconut.
(half-thunderbird Assassinate Roll=14%+14% bonus=(28%) vs. Bartholomew Outrospection Roll=81%+22% bonus=(103%) Bartholomew wins)
Bartholomew's keen sense of the outside world allows him to notice a half-thunderbird woman appearing out of nowhere and attempting to fire a crossbow at him and Al. With this foreknowledge, he is able to easily duck out of path of the shot, allowing the bolt to harmlessly land in a nearby beachgoer (who immediately dies). Seeing that you have readied weapons, the assassin quickly flees after this.

"It's her!" the ghost coconut says. "She's with the people who killed my wife."

Damn my zebra strength failed me, time for plan B!
Use my knowledge of the wagon language to get the station wagon to break the crate open so I can obtain the crowbar.
(Wagon Language 14%=63% Failure)
Your knowledge of the station wagon dialect is a little rusty. You think you may have accidentally told it to break itself open, which is probably why it now seems to be repeatedly ramming itself into the side of the warehouse. (2d6 ram damage=2) It takes 2 ram damage, as it seems its heart isn't quite into this.

(I'll roll for the drug name. 82+56=Leechglory)
Examine the effects more in depth.
(Spirituality 45%=24% Success!)
Examining yourself more fully, really getting in touch with your inner self, man!, you get the feeling that the numbness of your skin is because the drug turned off your pain receptors, and the weird feeling in your stomach is because it killed off all foreign organisms present in your digestive system, including the good kind that help you break down food as part of the digestive process. You realize that drug regenerates wounds you have upon first taking the drug, and also that you were very lucky to avoid any sort of mishap when you first took the drug, though you don't know exactly what sort of mishaps you might have experienced. Also, the effect of the drug will last 3 more turns.

That's as much as you learn before you hear the unmistakable sound of someone suddenly stepping out of a life-like painting nearby.

I'm concerned that this happens regularly enough for people to recognise the sound.
It doesn't necessarily happen that often, but it is a memorable sound.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 07:55:47 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2020, 08:14:08 pm »

>Laugh at the idiot who stole my sniper rifle without having any spare ammo, before going to the nearest gun store to see what's in stock.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:56:31 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2020, 08:14:26 pm »

Lick the gun to determine its value. Also scram before anyone sees me holding it. Try to find a place to sell it.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2020, 09:28:14 pm »

While Al is normally inclined to try talking to people before turning to violence, this does not extend to total strangers who attempt to murder him. Thus, no charisma roll against myself is needed for Bartholomew to attack!

Batholomew unleashes a battlecry (Shouting) and activates Barbarian Rage and gives chase!

The Barbarian Rage concentration negation effect does not extend to Al, so I can also cast a spell. IF the assassin gets too close to a palm tree in their attempt to flee, Al will cast entangling roots on them!

(I'm pretty sure that having introspection that is higher than the shout amplitude can even let me cast it without disadvantage, provided of course that there isn't a band or something that left an amplifier or microphone turned on nearby or something, which is a possibility in this locale.)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2020, 09:49:03 pm »

>Laugh at the idiot who stole my sniper rifle without any spare ammo on him, before going to the nearest gun store to see what's in stock.
(Firearms 56%=27% Success!)
You exit the library and wander around town, looking for a gun store, and, due to your proficiency with firearms, you're able to find one relatively easily.

Like most buildings in this area, the shop is made of sand, and there's a wooden sign hanging above the door with a handgun symbol and the words "The Happy Joker". When you step inside, you notice the shop is being run by a very well-dress High Orc. Various weapons line the store, with their prices listed next to them:

Adjustable Sonic Bazooka - 117 Intergalactic Gold
High-speed Blazer Pistol - 144 Nova Dimes
Megapistol - 50 Credits
Adjustable Pyromortar - 97 Constellation Gold
Dissolver Cannon - 74 Constellation Coins
Assault Snarer - 76 Phantom Gold
Long-range Electron Executioner - 148 Feathers
Sniper Megaflayer - 96 Air Coins
Telemusket - 51 Raven Claws
Psychic Disintegrator - 107 Space Doubloons

Lick the gun to determine its value. Also scram before anyone sees me holding it. Try to find a place to sell it.
(Taste ability)
Licking the gun, you determine it to be worth 68 Chrono Rupees, with the ammo being worth 5 Golden Pennies.

(Base Luck 10%=81% Failure)
(Library Patron Notice 18%=68% Failure)
You don't do a very good job of hiding your ill-gotten weapon, but luckily no one manages to notice you carrying a gun without a permit.

(Secret Star Sign ability roll)
You call up your mischievous nature to find someone to buy your stolen rifle, but you seem unable find anyone in town who's willing to partake in the illicit purchase.

While Al is normally inclined to try talking to people before turning to violence, this does not extend to total strangers who attempt to murder him. Thus, no charisma roll against myself is needed for Bartholomew to attack!

Batholomew unleashes a battlecry (Shouting) and activates Barbarian Rage and gives chase!

The Barbarian Rage concentration negation effect does not extend to Al, so I can also cast a spell. IF the assassin gets too close to a palm tree in their attempt to flee, Al will cast entangling roots on them!

(I'm pretty sure that having introspection that is higher than the shout amplitude can even let me cast it without disadvantage, provided of course that there isn't a band or something that left an amplifier or microphone turned on nearby or something, which is a possibility in this locale.)
(Half-thunderbird assassin Scram roll=89%+18% skill bonus=(107%) vs Bartholomew Shouting roll=22%+18% skill bonus=(40%) Half-thunderbird assassin wins)
Bartholomew unleashes a fearful battlecry, but its not enough to stop the assassin in her tracks.

(Base Luck 10%=89%-20% Natural Habitat Bonus=69% Failure, but still NICE)
Despite the large amount of palm trees in the area, the half-thunderbird assassin doesn't happen to get too close to any of them, so Al isn't able to enact his plan. However, he does happen to receive (d4=1) one Niceness token just as the assassin ducks behind a building.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2020, 09:55:20 pm »

Oh well, just sacrifice the gun to the Gun Godz, then.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2020, 10:08:15 pm »

With Barbarian Rage still active, Al and Batholomew follow behind the building! If the assassin's location is not immediately obvious at the time they arrive, both heads will search for hiding spots in the immediate vicinity. (Bartholomew has disadvantage on this from Barbarian Rage, but Al does not) as it seems likely that the assassin has an established presence nearby.

If the assassin is clearly noticed, the chase continues. If they make the mistake of trying to climb a building to escape, I'll trigger my daily Lizard ability choosing the Cling Pads ability to climb and keep following.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2020, 02:15:10 am »

First lets talk to the station wagon again and get it to stop trying to kill itself with a wall, then realize that crates are small so there for my small creature kicking skill and my zebra strength should allow me to kick the crate open and retrieve the crowbar!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2020, 08:38:07 am »

>Charge Aya as a punishment for stealing my AWP, hoping to steal his AWP that he stole from me (aka unstealing it). Considering that he has no firearms-related skills, and I have a huge racial bonus to health and armor, I should hopefully be able to tank a few sniper rounds at the minimum.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, rule 6 in the rulebook states that all actions that were only possible because the player intentionally griefed their team in one way or another (such as larceny) have a 50% lower chance to succeed.
nice gm errors, n00b
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 08:39:55 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2020, 05:29:06 pm »

Oh well, just sacrifice the gun to the Gun Godz, then.
(Religiosity Attribute Roll 9%=82% Failure)
Try as you might, you just can't seem to manage to figure out the proper ritual to make a sacrifice to the Gun Godz.

With Barbarian Rage still active, Al and Batholomew follow behind the building! If the assassin's location is not immediately obvious at the time they arrive, both heads will search for hiding spots in the immediate vicinity. (Bartholomew has disadvantage on this from Barbarian Rage, but Al does not) as it seems likely that the assassin has an established presence nearby.

If the assassin is clearly noticed, the chase continues. If they make the mistake of trying to climb a building to escape, I'll trigger my daily Lizard ability choosing the Cling Pads ability to climb and keep following.
(Al Perceptification Attribute Roll 19%=19% Success!)
(Bartholomew Outrospection Roll 22% at Dis=55%/66% Failure)
(Assassin Hide Roll 6%=34% Failure)

Running around the corner, Al immediately spots the half-thunderbird assassin, but Bartholomew does not, so distracted as he is by his rage (and he's not really even looking in the right direction.

Automatically noticing the pair because Bartholomew is being so loud, she starts trying to climb up a nearby building to lose them (Climb Roll 22%=37% Failure), but fails to do so. Al and Bartholomew could possibly activate their Lizard ability now, but it might not be necessary, since the assassin really didn't make any progress up the wall and was slowed down by the attempt, so they could probably just catch up to her now.

First lets talk to the station wagon again and get it to stop trying to kill itself with a wall, then realize that crates are small so there for my small creature kicking skill and my zebra strength should allow me to kick the crate open and retrieve the crowbar!
(Wagon language roll 14%=43% failure)
You're still not making much headway with communicating with this station wagon, but it seems now that it may have interpreted your last command as you wanting it to kill the wall with itself, as it has now stopped ramming its vital areas into the wall so much as it seems to be aiming for the wall's structural weak points, doing (6d6 structural damage=18) 18 points of structural damage to the wall.

(Small Creature Kicking roll 30%=5% Success!)
Do to what is most likely a typo in the rules, crates are technically considered creatures, and therefore your Small Creature Kicking skill works on it. With your Zebra Strength (Zebra Strength Roll 45%=63% failure) you are not quite able to kick the crate open, but you do manage to put some pretty nasty dents in it.

>Charge Aya as a punishment for stealing my AWP, hoping to steal his AWP that he stole from me (aka unstealing it). Considering that he has no firearms-related skills, and I have a huge racial bonus to health and armor, I should hopefully be able to tank a few sniper rounds at the minimum.
(Lord Screech XIII Stealth Roll 38%=44%-20% Natural Camouflage (Green) bonus=24% Success!)
(Aya-Vary-Jury Spotifying Attribute Roll 16%=19% Failure)

Slightly hidden by the green cobblestones that are present in this area for some reason, Lord Screech XIII is able to sneak up on Aya-Vary-Jury as he is occupied with trying to figure out just how to perform a sacrifice to the Gun Godz, and he manages to take back his AWP before Aya-Vary-Jury can possibly manage to actually do the sacrifice (assuming that ever actually happened.

Spoiler: Big Text (click to show/hide)
I think I might have misremembered the 1st Edition rule, where such actions don't receive any bonus, rather than the 50% penalty.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Hey, would it be possible for everyone to post their character's attribute scores? I can kind of guess what they are by referencing your races and classes, but there might be some abilities or whatever that you have that might change things up, so it would be helpful for me to know that.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2020, 05:34:39 pm »

"Hey, that's my... SVD? You can't just go around stealing people's guns, sir!"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2020, 06:30:45 pm »

Instead of using the lizard ability, I'll just have Al cast the Shaman spell "Jump"... On the assassin to make them jump of the wall!

Al will then point out the assassin to Bartholomew and Bartholomew will make an attack!

Oh, and here are my stats.
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2020, 06:54:28 pm »

"That's an awp, skrub. Also, that's mine; it was always mine. You should know better than stealing military-grade firearms from people walking out of paintings."

>Carry my awp and prepare to quickscope any suckers who try stealing my gun.

I'll also post my sheet again; since it has all the relevant stats.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2020, 04:47:57 am »

As long as the station wagon isn't trying to kill me or itself I'm fine with it trying to kill the wall, I should really try to raise my wagon language skill.

Before I finally give up with trying to talk with the station wagon I try to convince it to join me in my adventure, then keep kicking the crate it should hopefully be getting near breaking.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2020, 03:27:11 pm »

Journal the effects.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23