Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Instrument materials  (Read 10566 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Instrument materials
« on: October 20, 2020, 04:42:06 am »

Hey guys,

The info on the wiki on instruments is a bit wrong, the table for instrument component materials would need to be updated. https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Instrument

When I did the SteamDF sprites for instrument pieces, Toady told me this:
All 7 types (wood/bone/ceramic/metal/glass/stone/shell) are possible. Even shell - that one is just rarer. So that's stand, drum, chime, block, bowl, triangle, bell, bar, ring, mallet, hammer, stick for percussion. Also everything but "string" on stringed instruments. Everything but bellows and bag for wind. And everything but string and bellows for keyboard. All of those pieces can be of the 7 types.

Cheers,
Meph :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Instrument materials
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 07:49:12 am »

Fixed! Do you perchance know about the ”neck_res/neck bowl” part for stringed instruments? It was the one part with no materials named on the wiki. If you don’t you don’t know, don’t worry about it, I’ll find out somehow, probably by just asking loci.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Instrument materials
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 07:54:38 pm »

I do. The neck bowl is in the game, also using all materials. The other named part that the wiki has listed as "no materials" is the ring part on percussion instruments, which is correct. It's currently not in the game, but according to Toady that's an oversight and on his to-do list. In theory it should be fixed in upcoming versions.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::