Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 29193 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - In Signups! (7/9) (Can start with 7!)
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2020, 04:16:22 pm »

That gives us 7.

4maskwolf, you good to play if I get the game going tomorrow?
Ehhhhhhh maybe? My next couple days are going to be super busy but I may be able to slip in a couple posts at work. So let’s go with yes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2020, 08:21:29 pm »

That gives us 7.

4maskwolf, you good to play if I get the game going tomorrow?
Ehhhhhhh maybe? My next couple days are going to be super busy but I may be able to slip in a couple posts at work. So let’s go with yes.
Yeah, a'ight.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2020, 09:13:16 pm »

Cool, I'll get everything going tomorrow morning.

So if anyone else wants in, get in now!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2020, 11:18:54 pm »

Sure I'll IN.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - In Signups! (8/9) (Can start with 7!)
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2020, 10:00:00 pm »

The winter has been long and cold. Heavy snows blanket the mountainside, and your small village has been largely cut off from the outside world.

A few days ago, it was cut off further.

The roaring of an avalanche woke nearly everyone up in the middle of the night. A cascade of snow and ice that buried the roads and severed all phone and power lines coming into the town.

Backup generators have brought the power back on, but with spotty cell service it could be days before anyone even knows to come out and start clearing the roads.

Bad enough, but of course things got worse.

People started to go missing.

Search parties went out, but no one alive or dead was ever found.  This morning, however, a pair of strange alien egg sacks were discovered half buried in the snow up along the path of the avalanche. Uncovered from lying in wait for who knows how many years.

Someone dug up an old government pamphlet on these things. Doppelganger eggs. It seems that you’ll need to root them out if you want to survive. But how? They could be anyone in town!

Look for clues. Find those who are suspicious. Vote them out, and kill them.

Fail, and you all die.

Game is up! Day 1 will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday.

Remember that there are no extensions this game, so use your time wisely.

Also, let's have a nice chill and fun game. It'd be good to get people enjoying mafia again around here!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is cold and fears for the future
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2020, 11:02:14 pm »

A figure lurches through the blizzard towards the yellow glow of windows. As the door to the meeting area swings open a figure appears in the entryway, and quickly closes off the storm. The fur coat giant pours themselves some coffee and sits alone at a table. They have a searching look about them as they wait for the others to gather.

OOC note: I'm trying some RP, because I am a huge fan of the setting OP is creating with this game.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 12:20:58 am »

"Naturally," slurred the city boy in the corner, "ya-all always point towards me. But guess what?! Nain't me this time, nuh-uh!" He indignantly points towards a slew of different, seemingly random people. He stops on Persus13. "Dat guy has a mirrored shield at 'is house that which a witch gave him! Don't believe me? Look at his shirt!"

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2020, 02:44:01 am »

This gained the attention of one of the man sitting at the counter. "Well I seen all kinds o' weird lights comin' from TricMagic's house last night." He said as he stood up. "Mind tellin' us all what you were doin' in there?"

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2020, 07:43:09 am »

Two dopps in eight players is gonna be tough.

Webadict, are you going to peddle more hivemind conspiracies like last time?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2020, 08:50:47 am »

The mountaineer looks up from the maps of the town he is updating. "I have a feeling you were drunk Juicebox. Or you are trying to shed bad light on me. I spent a good deal of the night updating the maps of the mountain, and the morning posting them. Some of us have actual Jobs to do."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2020, 11:16:23 am »

The Whiteboard
juicebox: TricMagic
Persus13: webadict
TricMagic: juicebox
webadict: 4maskwolf

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Come play Mafia with us!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2020, 11:21:23 am »

The old man in the corner looks at the city-boy. "I didn't know we had to RP this stuff. Back in my day we just pointed fingers all day for no reason. And if I hear any of that newfangled Among Us lingo like someone's sus or someone vented, they're going to rile me up. Also, what shirt?"

I'm kidding about the Among Us lingo, I actually enjoy that game.

4maskwolf, been awhile, which Paranormal did Webadict peddle hivemind conspiracies?

Juicebox, have I played with you before?

How serious is everyone going to be about RP?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2020, 11:39:25 am »

The last one, Paranormal 25. It was actually Leafsnail’s conspiracy theory but after town had basically already won Wuba started pushing it in the hopes of spicing up the final day (at least I think that was his justification, it’s been three years so I could be remembering wrong).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2020, 11:41:36 am »

Two dopps in eight players is gonna be tough.

Webadict, are you going to peddle more hivemind conspiracies like last time?
Probably. I mean, if it fits. I'm not exactly expecting a third party in a 2/8 setup, unless we're sufficiently broken, balance-wise, but I'm never against crazy nonsense. I don't especially like your insinuation about me though. But, your question here implies that you might be third party, where my answer implies that I am most assuredly not. Because I'm not.

To everyone: I randomized who I would randomvote first, and it came up TricMagic, but I purposefully skipped them because I knew more about Persus13, who was second. I also considered voting 4maskwolf, but avoided doing so because they said they were going to be busy and I'd waste time waiting for an answer.

What would be a good reason for me to do these, and does it make me scummy?

Additionally, what would be your thoughts if I claimed immediately?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2020, 11:57:43 am »

The old man in the corner looks at the city-boy. "I didn't know we had to RP this stuff. Back in my day we just pointed fingers all day for no reason. And if I hear any of that newfangled Among Us lingo like someone's sus or someone vented, they're going to rile me up. Also, what shirt?"

I'm kidding about the Among Us lingo, I actually enjoy that game.

How serious is everyone going to be about RP?
Still doesn't explain the shield! I heard you can fly like a cloud. Sounds Dopplery to me.

Also, not very. Just whenever I'm feeling it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38