Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 29953 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is cold and fears for the future
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2020, 12:53:22 pm »

The hunched hard-nosed man pulls off their snowpowdered mittens and lays them on the table which immediately begin to drip on the wood table, outlining and absorbing into every crevas of the grain. With stubby hands the man withdraws a pencil, and a pad of paper, and begins sketching.

Spoiler: City Boy (click to show/hide)

He notices some taking a peak as they pass by and ignores them. He focuses on the scratching sound of pencil on paper.

OOC note: Taking stalk of how people choose to RP themselves because it is interesting and could possibly have significance.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2020, 03:00:48 pm »

The hunched hard-nosed man pulls off their snowpowdered mittens and lays them on the table which immediately begin to drip on the wood table, outlining and absorbing into every crevas of the grain. With stubby hands the man withdraws a pencil, and a pad of paper, and begins sketching.

Spoiler: City Boy (click to show/hide)

He notices some taking a peak as they pass by and ignores them. He focuses on the scratching sound of pencil on paper.

OOC note: Taking stalk of how people choose to RP themselves because it is interesting and could possibly have significance.
Well, the downside to RP is that you can use it as a shield to not answer questions or probe. So, if you'd like, you could ask me a question through any amount of RP. Or answer my ambiguous everyone callout.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2020, 03:02:46 pm »

I am tempted to just skip today and get to night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2020, 03:48:07 pm »

That seems like a waste of valuable time you could spend getting a feel for others.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2020, 03:50:31 pm »

"Sure kid. I'll share my 2₵."

The man flips to a fresh page, and begins sketching.

Spoiler: Mountaineer (click to show/hide)

"You claim to be picking at random. But I doubt it. You seem like a schemer to me, for good or ill."

"I don't see why TricMagic is in such a hurry. The safest thing is to stay here as long as we can stay awake."

The man gulps his scalding brew and breathes a cooling breath through gritted teeth.
Awesome With Autism

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2020, 04:03:29 pm »

Then why are you in such a hurry to accuse others of sin? We're grasping at straws with the hopes of victory over the dark.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2020, 04:07:17 pm »

Then why are you in such a hurry to accuse others of sin? We're grasping at straws with the hopes of victory over the dark.
If anything, it marks you as a potential power role. I don't like it regardless of if you're town or scum. It's a bad sentiment.

So, since I've laid that out for you and before I blabber on some more, I will ask you a question: Why do you wanna move straight to Night?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2020, 04:13:49 pm »

"You claim to be picking at random. But I doubt it. You seem like a schemer to me, for good or ill.
"Scheme is really a harsh word. 'Sjust thinkin'. Them bodybuilders build them bodies, so's just think of me as some that builds trust. I mean, nain't me and that's just facts."

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2020, 04:19:02 pm »

The large man takes a moment to appraise the other large man standing right beside him.

"True."

He puts down his pencil.

"Have a seat friend, join us."

"Relax. you'd be surprised, sometimes the enemy volunteers themselves out of pride or sheer misshap. Time has a way of eroding the distractions, climber. Stay steadfast."
Awesome With Autism

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2020, 05:38:47 pm »

Ones who do not speak are the most suspicious. But if no-one speaks all ae suspicious. And if no-one speaks, why bother at all? These doppelgangers have good reason to stay silent, but the innocent do not.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2020, 06:15:31 pm »

Ones who do not speak are the most suspicious. But if no-one speaks all ae suspicious. And if no-one speaks, why bother at all? These doppelgangers have good reason to stay silent, but the innocent do not.
Doesn't that mean you're suspicious for wanting to go to Night immediately, though?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2020, 06:32:56 pm »

The town shopkeeper of the only general store in town sits confidently in her chair.Her soulful brown eyes twinkles and dance. Her light brown skin is soft and cold like the wind. Her long black hair rest on her shoulder. She has an alto voice that is as soft as the snow outside. She's wearing a puffer jacket and has the hood down. When she speak freezing mist escape from her thin honey lips fading into the cold air.

"You know." She smirked, "The monster has to be the one who tries to shave the blame onto others." The shopkeeper pierce a glare at Webadict with a wide sly smile and then jolted her head the other way. "But I won't be blaming anyone. I'll just wait, observe, then act. You guys can keep on squabbling and blaming each other...or.." She lowered her eyes scanning the room and glaring into the twinkling eyes of everyone here, grinning. "Or...you can help me... But I won't say anything nor will I accuse... Like I said. I will just watch and see." She leans on her chair with her arms cross smirking and overwhelmed with confidence.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2020, 06:40:57 pm »

Christ, I'm this close to PLing Roseheart for the 100% RP gameplay.

Two dopps in eight players is gonna be tough.

Webadict, are you going to peddle more hivemind conspiracies like last time?
Probably. I mean, if it fits. I'm not exactly expecting a third party in a 2/8 setup, unless we're sufficiently broken, balance-wise, but I'm never against crazy nonsense. I don't especially like your insinuation about me though. But, your question here implies that you might be third party, where my answer implies that I am most assuredly not. Because I'm not.
That's certainly an interpretation.

To everyone: I randomized who I would randomvote first, and it came up TricMagic, but I purposefully skipped them because I knew more about Persus13, who was second. I also considered voting 4maskwolf, but avoided doing so because they said they were going to be busy and I'd waste time waiting for an answer.

What would be a good reason for me to do these, and does it make me scummy?
Oh come on, it's practically tradition for me to get a wagon on D1, be the first one to hop on.  To answer your question, you have a very particular style of play that I joined B12 mafia too late to get a firm grasp on, I'm not sure I've ever seen you as scum.

Additionally, what would be your thoughts if I claimed immediately?
Well you claiming publicly would be a new one, but as I recall you claimed over PMs to doll on D1 last game, so it wouldn't be out of character.

Okay, I'm not going to respond to this in RP because RP mafia isn't really my thing, but I do have a question for you.  Are you actually making an accusation at the two individuals who haven't posted (Caz and luckyowl)?

PPE: Luckyowl posted before I could finish my post.  And speaking of luckyowl...

The town shopkeeper of the only general store in town sits confidently in her chair.Her soulful brown eyes twinkles and dance. Her light brown skin is soft and cold like the wind. Her long black hair rest on her shoulder. She has an alto voice that is as soft as the snow outside. She's wearing a puffer jacket and has the hood down. When she speak freezing mist escape from her thin honey lips fading into the cold air.

"You know." She smirked, "The monster has to be the one who tries to shave the blame onto others." The shopkeeper pierce a glare at Webadict with a wide sly smile and then jolted her head the other way. "But I won't be blaming anyone. I'll just wait, observe, then act. You guys can keep on squabbling and blaming each other...or.." She lowered her eyes scanning the room and glaring into the twinkling eyes of everyone here, grinning. "Or...you can help me... But I won't say anything nor will I accuse... Like I said. I will just watch and see." She leans on her chair with her arms cross smirking and overwhelmed with confidence.
This is exactly what annoys me about this whole RPing thing.  It allows people to write whole paragraphs of posts while saying literally nothing at all.  Boil it down to its bare bones and all owl is saying is "I won't engage with the game on D1"

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2020, 06:49:27 pm »

The mountaineer looks up from the maps of the town he is updating. "I have a feeling you were drunk Juicebox. Or you are trying to shed bad light on me. I spent a good deal of the night updating the maps of the mountain, and the morning posting them. Some of us have actual Jobs to do."

"Clockmaking is a actual job," said the man indignantly. "Just because I'm not outside working on the farm doesn't mean I don't do any work. I bet my job takes more skill than any of yours. And what's more I was dead sober when I saw them lights coming from your house"

Juicebox, have I played with you before?

How serious is everyone going to be about RP?

We haven't played before at all. You were a scum IC in Beginner Mafia LX, that's the closest we've come to being in the same game.

As for the RP, I just see it as a fun way to spice the game up a bit, but I don't mind if not everyone wants to join in, or if for some reason someone want's it to stop

Two dopps in eight players is gonna be tough.

Webadict, are you going to peddle more hivemind conspiracies like last time?
Probably. I mean, if it fits. I'm not exactly expecting a third party in a 2/8 setup, unless we're sufficiently broken, balance-wise, but I'm never against crazy nonsense. I don't especially like your insinuation about me though. But, your question here implies that you might be third party, where my answer implies that I am most assuredly not. Because I'm not.

Do you think there's any merit in the theory that we may be dealing with aliens instead of doppelgangers? Or am I just too focused on the usage of the word alien in the flavor?

To everyone: I randomized who I would randomvote first, and it came up TricMagic, but I purposefully skipped them because I knew more about Persus13, who was second. I also considered voting 4maskwolf, but avoided doing so because they said they were going to be busy and I'd waste time waiting for an answer.

What would be a good reason for me to do these, and does it make me scummy?

Additionally, what would be your thoughts if I claimed immediately?

I think a good reason for you skipping over Tricmagic in favor of RVSing Persus and 4mask is that since you're more familiar with them and their playstyles, you have a better baseline with which to judge their responses. It's Non-alignment indicative to me.

As for the claim, I don't think claiming this early is such a good idea, I think maf stands to gain more info from a claim this early than town does

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2020, 06:51:15 pm »

This sounds like a very bad idea. We miss out on information if we just skip the day phase like that
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38