Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 30056 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is cold and fears for the future
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2020, 06:53:14 pm »

I mean I saw everyone was doing the whole Rping. So I wanted to throw in a character myself. If you want me to speak more frankly. I'm down for that as well.

I won't be engaging on D1. I have to see how the game progress before I start accusing anyone. I personally feel that it might be Webadict, but I know I am wrong and must wait awhile.

Also I sort of eluded [Redacted] I thought it was obvious, but I guess not. Which is a good thing on my part.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2020, 06:54:01 pm »

Two dopps in eight players is gonna be tough.

Webadict, are you going to peddle more hivemind conspiracies like last time?
Probably. I mean, if it fits. I'm not exactly expecting a third party in a 2/8 setup, unless we're sufficiently broken, balance-wise, but I'm never against crazy nonsense. I don't especially like your insinuation about me though. But, your question here implies that you might be third party, where my answer implies that I am most assuredly not. Because I'm not.

Do you think there's any merit in the theory that we may be dealing with aliens instead of doppelgangers? Or am I just too focused on the usage of the word alien in the flavor?
You're getting too focused on the word alien in the flavor, IIRC dopps are technically aliens too but they're in their own category because they form the scumteam.  The most we're likely to see is maybe an Agent Operative or something similar because they're essentially just a townie with extra flavor.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2020, 07:05:04 pm »

I mean I saw everyone was doing the whole Rping. So I wanted to throw in a character myself. If you want me to speak more frankly. I'm down for that as well.

I won't be engaging on D1. I have to see how the game progress before I start accusing anyone. I personally feel that it might be Webadict, but I know I am wrong and must wait awhile.

Also I sort of eluded [Redacted] I thought it was obvious, but I guess not. Which is a good thing on my part.

I personally think this isn't a very good strategy. Imo D1 you should try to interact with people as much as possible, and try to gather information based on people's responses, that way when you do actually want to accuse people, you can back up your case.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2020, 07:06:55 pm »

The town shopkeeper of the only general store in town sits confidently in her chair.Her soulful brown eyes twinkles and dance. Her light brown skin is soft and cold like the wind. Her long black hair rest on her shoulder. She has an alto voice that is as soft as the snow outside. She's wearing a puffer jacket and has the hood down. When she speak freezing mist escape from her thin honey lips fading into the cold air.

"You know." She smirked, "The monster has to be the one who tries to shave the blame onto others." The shopkeeper pierce a glare at Webadict with a wide sly smile and then jolted her head the other way. "But I won't be blaming anyone. I'll just wait, observe, then act. You guys can keep on squabbling and blaming each other...or.." She lowered her eyes scanning the room and glaring into the twinkling eyes of everyone here, grinning. "Or...you can help me... But I won't say anything nor will I accuse... Like I said. I will just watch and see." She leans on her chair with her arms cross smirking and overwhelmed with confidence.
Oh? Do you believe that I'm being suspicious? I mean, if you want to call me suspicious, then feel free to do so. Point a finger at me. If you don't engage on Day 1, then what do we hold you to on Day 2? Even something as silly as saying that you believe that I'm the greatest threat among players can give the town something to hold you to Tomorrow.

I'm in agreement with 4maskwolf on you, at least partially. I think you should be willing to say what you feel about things unless you're collecting information to use. And if you're doing the later, then you should probably be prepared to use it to explain your own actions.

Think of it like this. If you do not point any fingers Today, Tomorrow, I could easily say that you weren't contributing Day 1. And you'd be lynched. That's basically a no-win no matter your alignment. So, as your one and only warning, I will FoS you, Luckyowl.

Christ, I'm this close to PLing Roseheart for the 100% RP gameplay.
And I will PL you for engaging in that PL, if it comes to that. You seem angry, and that's not gonna lead to amazing insight.

Additionally, what would be your thoughts if I claimed immediately?
Well you claiming publicly would be a new one, but as I recall you claimed over PMs to doll on D1 last game, so it wouldn't be out of character.
... Oh really? Then let the wine tasting begin.

I am a Sneak. As of now, I will be hiding at 4maskwolf's house tonight. I will change this to be the person I would most like to die tonight. But, so far, I would be okay with losing you, Monsieur Wolf.

But, you likely don't believe me. That is fair. Because I am lying. But, maybe I'm not. I have brought cheese for palette cleansing.

Two dopps in eight players is gonna be tough.

Webadict, are you going to peddle more hivemind conspiracies like last time?
Probably. I mean, if it fits. I'm not exactly expecting a third party in a 2/8 setup, unless we're sufficiently broken, balance-wise, but I'm never against crazy nonsense. I don't especially like your insinuation about me though. But, your question here implies that you might be third party, where my answer implies that I am most assuredly not. Because I'm not.

Do you think there's any merit in the theory that we may be dealing with aliens instead of doppelgangers? Or am I just too focused on the usage of the word alien in the flavor?

To everyone: I randomized who I would randomvote first, and it came up TricMagic, but I purposefully skipped them because I knew more about Persus13, who was second. I also considered voting 4maskwolf, but avoided doing so because they said they were going to be busy and I'd waste time waiting for an answer.

What would be a good reason for me to do these, and does it make me scummy?

Additionally, what would be your thoughts if I claimed immediately?

I think a good reason for you skipping over Tricmagic in favor of RVSing Persus and 4mask is that since you're more familiar with them and their playstyles, you have a better baseline with which to judge their responses. It's Non-alignment indicative to me.

As for the claim, I don't think claiming this early is such a good idea, I think maf stands to gain more info from a claim this early than town does
I like you. I disagree with you, but you're alright. +50 points to Town points to juicebox.

The reason why you should avoid thinking too hard on Aliens is that there are for sure two Doppelgangers, given by the flavortext. If there's an Alien among that, then it would need to be a relatively unswingy type of Alien, such as... I think there's one that works for Humans? Can the Operative do that? Or the one that needs to find an Agent. Regardless, that makes them a relatively minor threat, compared to the known threat of Doppelgangers, who will undoubtedly attempt to kill Town.

I am tempted to just skip today and get to night.

This sounds like a very bad idea. We miss out on information if we just skip the day phase like that
Oh, but you lose them for reiterating my point here. Darn.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2020, 07:08:37 pm »

Then accuse me. I take it as a personal sleight that you're not doing so.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2020, 07:15:04 pm »

I am a Sneak. As of now, I will be hiding at 4maskwolf's house tonight. I will change this to be the person I would most like to die tonight. But, so far, I would be okay with losing you, Monsieur Wolf.
I don't think that's how Sneaks work.  Unless you were looking to die in the night too, anyway.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2020, 07:16:09 pm »

I don't think that's how Sneaks work.  Unless you were looking to die in the night too, anyway.
It's a risk I am willing to take.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2020, 07:17:38 pm »

The town shopkeeper of the only general store in town sits confidently in her chair.Her soulful brown eyes twinkles and dance. Her light brown skin is soft and cold like the wind. Her long black hair rest on her shoulder. She has an alto voice that is as soft as the snow outside. She's wearing a puffer jacket and has the hood down. When she speak freezing mist escape from her thin honey lips fading into the cold air.

"You know." She smirked, "The monster has to be the one who tries to shave the blame onto others." The shopkeeper pierce a glare at Webadict with a wide sly smile and then jolted her head the other way. "But I won't be blaming anyone. I'll just wait, observe, then act. You guys can keep on squabbling and blaming each other...or.." She lowered her eyes scanning the room and glaring into the twinkling eyes of everyone here, grinning. "Or...you can help me... But I won't say anything nor will I accuse... Like I said. I will just watch and see." She leans on her chair with her arms cross smirking and overwhelmed with confidence.
Oh? Do you believe that I'm being suspicious? I mean, if you want to call me suspicious, then feel free to do so. Point a finger at me. If you don't engage on Day 1, then what do we hold you to on Day 2? Even something as silly as saying that you believe that I'm the greatest threat among players can give the town something to hold you to Tomorrow.

I'm in agreement with 4maskwolf on you, at least partially. I think you should be willing to say what you feel about things unless you're collecting information to use. And if you're doing the later, then you should probably be prepared to use it to explain your own actions.

Think of it like this. If you do not point any fingers Today, Tomorrow, I could easily say that you weren't contributing Day 1. And you'd be lynched. That's basically a no-win no matter your alignment. So, as your one and only warning, I will FoS you, Luckyowl.
 to just skip today and get to night.

As I said. I have no information to tell. But your assertion on me and belligerent attitude won't crack me down. If the town folks keep me around. I will promise that the monster will be caught, but for this day I can not.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2020, 07:22:04 pm »

As I said. I have no information to tell. But your assertion on me and belligerent attitude won't crack me down. If the town folks keep me around. I will promise that the monster will be caught, but for this day I can not.
Do not rely on the merits of others. Offer your own merits, and the Town will kick through a forest of chainsaws to keep you alive.

If you have no information, then ask me questions to further delve. Ask me who I'd kill as Doppelganger. Ask me why I do anything. Ask other people why I do anything.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2020, 07:36:16 pm »

I do admit. My accusation was unwarranted and foolish. This of course my first game and I don't really know how to feel anyone here. However I'm starting to understand how much of a dog fight this is and I won't fall for it.

You can bully me all you want; you can tried to sweet talk me all you like. But these lips are seal. I will say this to everyone here if I die. Keep an eye on Webadict. His aggressive attitude doesn't sit right with me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2020, 07:37:57 pm »

Juicebox, Tricmagic, and roseheart: Out of curiosity, how much experience do you have playing mafia or similar games?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2020, 07:55:46 pm »

I do admit. My accusation was unwarranted and foolish. This of course my first game and I don't really know how to feel anyone here. However I'm starting to understand how much of a dog fight this is and I won't fall for it.

You can bully me all you want; you can tried to sweet talk me all you like. But these lips are seal. I will say this to everyone here if I die. Keep an eye on Webadict. His aggressive attitude doesn't sit right with me.
I'm not trying to trick or trap you. You're too new for me to be able to do that, morally and logistically. If you think I'm suspicious, how do you plan to solidify or wane that suspicion? I gave you a route to accomplish that: Ask me questions. Look at my behavior. Apply your observations and prove or refute your assertion.

You even have a bonus on me that I don't have on you: You have pages upon pages of my past behavior to navigate. It... honestly will probably tell you a lot. I don't recommend it unless you have the time, but it exists as a resource.

I'm goading you because if you are Town and do nothing today, then why should anyone believe you are Town? If the scum work hard to look like Town and lynch you, then how did your death do anything? Like, I want you to rationalize this one for me, if you will: If I am a Doppelganger, then I wouldn't need to push you to do better. You could argue that I might be pressuring you in hopes that you break for easy lynching, but let's be honest... That's not exactly a challenge. It's out of scope. Maybe you could try to make me look suspicious with your lynching of yourself with faulty evidence, but if I use legitimate evidence gathered from your unwillingness to participate, then I would only look more Townlike by doing so.

Again, I will reiterate: This is not a trick or a trap. It is a means of survival. It's a means of winning. I don't mind what you tell me, so much as you do tell me something. I am glad that you think your attack is foolish and unwarranted, but you don't seem to believe it is wrong. So, I want you to prove your suspicions right or wrong. That's it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2020, 08:04:43 pm »

The Whiteboard
juicebox: TricMagic
Persus13: webadict
TricMagic: juicebox, roseheart
webadict: 4maskwolf

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2020, 08:14:23 pm »

...Sigh... Your ways with words are far greater than me. I am not a debater, as it is evidence in my writing. I can not trick you or trap you. I can  feel what you are doing, but I can not manifest it into words in a way that will leave baffled. I'm a sprout when it comes to this.

With no other option. I will follow...your advice: I am a medium. I can speak to the dead. That is it. That's my ability. I can't do anything now since I need  spirits to talk to.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 08:15:55 pm by Luckyowl »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2020, 08:37:03 pm »

...Sigh... Your ways with words are far greater than me. I am not a debater, as it is evidence in my writing. I can not trick you or trap you. I can  feel what you are doing, but I can not manifest it into words in a way that will leave baffled. I'm a sprout when it comes to this.

With no other option. I will follow...your advice: I am a medium. I can speak to the dead. That is it. That's my ability. I can't do anything now since I need  spirits to talk to.
I'm not exactly sure why you claimed here. I just want you to ask me questions. I did not say to claim. I claimed because I like messing with 4maskwolf, and I want him to stew over whether I'm lying to him or not, because he feels like he's getting angry about something other people are doing instead of what I'm doing, and also to double as a potential fish for the scum, because I am always a prime kill target. I do not recommend claiming, and I definitely do not recommend lying about your role. I do them because I understand the consequences and how to maneuver if/when I'm caught.

Also, you shouldn't edit your posts. It's bad form.

But, you're right. You are a sprout. But, consider me a gardener here, because I'm gonna make you grow until you're strong enough to fight me.

So, start off from there. Assuming you're Medium, then you now have even more reason to excel at the Day game, because that's all you have. You cannot uses your role to obtain more information except the information given by others. So, you're gonna need to think like a detective.

Start with an easy question: Who do you think is the most suspicious person? Why? Can you get them to admit to more damning information?

The answer to the first two is wavering, but the likely answer to the third is no. But, you can get people to admit to things that could potentially be used against them later. Remember that the scum have an inherent weakness that Town doesn't: They cannot suspect anyone because they know exactly who is scum. So, you have to show that the things they suspect isn't true.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38