Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [5e] This game will sometimes update and will one day have a name  (Read 6453 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [5e] This game will sometimes update and will one day have a name
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2020, 05:24:33 am »

Now that the leader's taken care of lets go kick the ass of the guy that's dragging off the halfling.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

iCaptureTheCastle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2020, 11:01:41 pm »

I honestly feel like using Acid Breath on this chick. Not sure who else is with me.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2020, 05:30:55 am »

I honestly feel like using Acid Breath on this chick. Not sure who else is with me.
Forgot about our magic, I say go for and melt her face!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2020, 10:05:54 pm »

Forgot about our magic, I say go for and melt her face!
You take a deep breath, mix up some stomach acid, and spit out a stream of it at your fleeing foe. [Dexterity: 7+0] It catches her full on before she can react, and she [Acid Damage: 5+1] collapses to the floor screaming for the moment or two before the acid disintegrates her torso.
The hostage taker continues to try to get as far away as he can while dragging a halfling.

Turn order:
Emerald Warrior Leader
Zekthush
Emerald Warriors x3 x2

Spoiler: Condition (click to show/hide)

iCaptureTheCastle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2020, 12:41:12 am »

I'd say disengage as a bonus action and pursue the hostage-taker, but people had to pick Bard/Wizard. I could use Somewhere, but that maxes our spells for the day. Where the hell are the Cantrips?

GM, can we avoid the next warrior (maybe by using athletics) and rush toward the hostage taker? If we can't, I'll just Acid Breath the other one, then go chase.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2020, 01:13:27 am »

You're not currently in close proximity to anybody. The only enemy currently in view is the hostage taker. Also, you won't be able to use your breath weapon again until after you've rested for any amount of time.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2020, 04:30:04 am »

Then lets chase after the hostage taker and kick his ass.

iCaptureTheCastle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2020, 12:12:24 pm »

First, try to extract information from them. Why they want this hostage, who/what their group is, etc.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2021, 01:17:48 am »

First, try to extract information from them. Why they want this hostage, who/what their group is, etc.
You easily catch up with the hostage taker, burdened as he is, [Advantaged Intimidate: 5/9+2] and with a scowl and point of your staff easily persuade him to drop the halfling and his club. Trembling hands in the air, he responds as best he can to your flurry of questions.
"Okay okay, don't hurt me, please! The old man, the boss wanted him for the spellbook. Little guy was talking about this new spell he's researching after a few too many a couple nights ago, big magic stuff, above my head, okay? Boss wanted the spell, he wouldn't give it up no matter how many drinks we bought him, so boss decided to grab the halfling and make him spill about it. Look, this Emerald Warrior stuff was never serious to me, okay? I was just in it for the drinks, and the uniform, and my buddies, and the feeling like I'm part of something, you know? I'm just a farmer, I never knew anything, and I never signed up for kidnapping, or fighting, and it wasn't my idea, okay? Will you let me go if, uh, I tell you where Pawel ran off to? Room 18, it is. Please don't hurt me."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2021, 06:46:42 am »

Let the man live he has surrendered what we were after and is no longer a threat, now lets grab the halfling and before we turn in the quest lets who this Pawel person is.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2021, 12:25:44 am »

Let the man live he has surrendered what we were after and is no longer a threat, now lets grab the halfling and before we turn in the quest lets who this Pawel person is.
To clarify: do you want to take the halfling with you to go after Pawel?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2021, 06:02:14 am »

Yes we can't let him go now that we've got him.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2021, 07:57:05 pm »

You dismiss the surrendered Emerald Warrior with a snarl and bodily pick up the elderly halfling as you stroll down the hallway. He babbles some hasty thanks from under your arm.
"Er, I believe I should thank you, kind sir? Though I do not think this mode of rescue is particularly, erm, traditional..."
He trails off when you reach Room 18 and stop in front of the door. It is closed, most likely locked, but you can see lamplight shining under the door.
[Hidden Roll]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2021, 05:52:04 am »

We have the keys let's just unlock the door and rush in and head but whoever's in there.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2021, 09:27:34 am »

We have the keys let's just unlock the door and rush in and head but whoever's in there.
Before this, ask the halfling if he travelled with anyone willingly, if not, then do the above
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5