Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [5e] This game will sometimes update and will one day have a name  (Read 6588 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: [5e] This game will sometimes update and will one day have a name
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2021, 04:17:49 pm »

We have the keys let's just unlock the door and rush in and head but whoever's in there.
Before this, ask the halfling if he travelled with anyone willingly, if not, then do the above
"What, before they snatched me? I was just drinking here. The farm's just down the road, I've walked here on my own for years."
That information gathered, you take out the key ring that Shakti gave you and unlock the door. Inside the guest room there are three more featureless green-covered people, one of whom looks absolutely petrified. The other two stand up but make no move towards their weapons.
"Please, we need the halfling back," says one in a Western Imperial accent. "His book has the key to freeing our lands of the Castamiran scourge. We never wanted to hurt anyone!"

Spoiler: Condition (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2021, 08:24:43 pm »

“What is the Castamiran scourge? Some kind of disease?”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2021, 05:25:50 am »

+1 Ask the question it might lead to a new QUEST!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

iCaptureTheCastle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2021, 02:39:19 pm »

Oh this updated. +1 to this.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2021, 02:26:22 pm »

Oh this updated. +1 to this.
"W-what? Surely even a half-blood like yourself must know of the Castamiran Empire, no? Their soldiers are everywhere, these days, even as far west as my home. The imperialist bastards have been bullying their way across the continent for years, pillaging everything on both sides of the border they keep pushing out. We Emerald Warriors have dedicated ourselves to loosening their grip, and that's why we've been trying to recruit Seunggi, here."
The old halfling shakes his head vehemently. "Liar! You told me you needed my spell to get food to your besieged homeland! Then Leonard tried to take me hostage as soon as this dragonborn appeared!"
There's an uncomfortable pause before the speaker resumes. "Of course we needed to tell you something along those lines. You would have never understood what we're really fighting for, not with your delicate halfling sensibilities." They turn to face you. "You'll leave the old man with us, I hope. His skills are far too valuable to the cause to be left rotting in some farm. I hope we can arrange a sum that will be sufficient that you don't... bother us again, in the future, if you're not moved to join us outright."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2021, 08:55:13 am »

I feel that there is some trickery and lies going on here but I'm not sure how to call them out on it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2021, 12:15:18 am »

I feel that there is some trickery and lies going on here but I'm not sure how to call them out on it.
[Insight: 5+2] Seeing your hesitation, the Westerner pushes ahead before you're able to formulate any solid doubts. "My friend, why don't you come with us to on one of our scouting forays and see for yourself how terrible the Castamirans are? I'm sure once you see our cause is righteous, any lasting suspicion you have of us will disappear. We'll be a little bit short-handed, considering your attack on us, but... well, why don't you just come with us on our next expedition in two days?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2021, 06:47:11 am »

I'm willing to hear them out, but we need to find a way to keep them from taking the halfling while we're on their expedition, maybe we should take him with with us so we can watch him.

iCaptureTheCastle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2021, 07:49:06 pm »

WAIT! Stand by for decision . . .

Damn. I want to roll INT/WIS (whichever does checks against lies/deception) but our mod is 0. Actually . . . a different idea. QM, roll for deception. I want to attempt to convince them that we're part of another outfit that is against the Castamirans. If it works, they'll let their guard down, where we can ask more probing questions (which would be insight), or extract as much information as we can about them and piece it all together ourselves to see if they're truthful.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2021, 04:21:05 am »

Damn. I want to roll INT/WIS (whichever does checks against lies/deception) but our mod is 0. Actually . . . a different idea. QM, roll for deception. I want to attempt to convince them that we're part of another outfit that is against the Castamirans. If it works, they'll let their guard down, where we can ask more probing questions (which would be insight), or extract as much information as we can about them and piece it all together ourselves to see if they're truthful.
+1 Let try it.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2021, 02:54:49 pm »

+1 Let try it.
[Deception: 20+2] Everybody present, the elderly halfling excepted, relaxes a bit at your lie, then tenses back up again as it sinks in further.
"Then... you must be the one from the eastern rebels. We got the message from your commander four days ago, but we didn't imagine you'd get here so soon. A shame about the business out front, but from what we've heard of your methods I suppose we should be thankful you left any of us standing, eh?" She laughs, her nervousness only barely suppressed. "We're all looking forward to seeing you in action, sir. The Emerald Warriors have never been stronger."
[Insight: 14+2] You press the advantage of this newly altered situation, with the Warriors now almost too eager to supply answers to your questions.
"We know of two other cells operating under the Emerald Warrior banner, one inside Fort Dawn and another that's infiltrated the garrison. We're the cell responsible for the lands and roads surrounding Fort Dawn. If we can break the Empire's grip here, their supply lines to the Western Empire zone will be forced to divert to the dangerous northern detour around the Dwarrow Mountains. We report to Benegal, a dwarf we meet just inside the east gate once a week, but I don't know if he's the true leader, a part of the urban cell, or what. I just know he told us to tail a certain patrol in two days, and to ca- to recruit the halfling, for his spell."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2021, 06:25:55 am »

Since they're so willing to tell us stuff lets find out why they want that spell so bad.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2021, 01:42:01 am »

Since they're so willing to tell us stuff lets find out why they want that spell so bad.
There is a slight pause as the Warriors share quick glances between each other and with the halfling himself. One of the other Warriors, one who hasn't spoken up yet, chimes in.
"Clever blighter's written a spell far above the level he's supposed to be working at. Either he's been holding out on everyone or he got right lucky, I guess. It's a big teleportation deal, massive amount of, uh, mass moved a long way. It's a ritual, casting time scales up with the distance and the mass you're 'porting. Given a whole day you could drop a good number of heavily armed soldiers wherever you want with no warning, see?"
The elderly halfling looks stricken.
"I just wanted to be able to move the big farming gear around faster, maybe produce straight from the farm to the market. That spell was never meant for this."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2021, 03:08:22 am »

Already have a feeling that we shouldn't let them have this spell, how hard would it be for us to get away from everyone else with the halfing so we could escape with him to keep these people from getting the spell.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2021, 02:29:00 pm »

Letting them know the spell won’t cause the halfling to forget it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]