Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [5e] This game will sometimes update and will one day have a name  (Read 6450 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: [5e] This game will sometimes update and will one day have a name
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2020, 03:00:17 pm »

There's also a small, plain knife sheathed discreetly on her other hip,

hm...let's ask if she got any weapons on her. I have a feeling it's a commoner knife, but still. In the middle of a lonely road? asking strangers for help instead of the guards?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2020, 03:55:28 am »

Ask her why they took her husband.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2020, 12:57:52 pm »

There's also a small, plain knife sheathed discreetly on her other hip,

hm...let's ask if she got any weapons on her. I have a feeling it's a commoner knife, but still. In the middle of a lonely road? asking strangers for help instead of the guards?
"W-who, me? I'd never harm a fly! I-I suppose there's this little letter-opener, but really, I wouldn't even know what to do with it if I had to. Please, I need your help! You look strong? I can't stand up to these emerald militia people, and they have the guards paid off to look the other way. I think some of the guards might even be a part of their group. They certainly don't seem to mind getting the chance to relax while vigilantes run around pretending to do their job for them, at any rate!"

Ask her why they took her husband.
"I don't know, the man is nigh on seventy, so it certainly wasn't to recruit him! We've never had enough in the way of coin to make a decent random, neither. Maybe they wanted his spellbook? I keep telling him to put those silly little cantrips away and get to work, but he keeps insisting he's on the verge of some big discovery or other. None of the militia types are magicians of any sort, maybe they wanted a boost? I don't know..."

Spoiler: Condition (click to show/hide)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2020, 04:59:22 pm »

:"l'll help you my little friend. But it won't be for free...your payment will be that spellbook your husband has with him. Do we have a deal?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2020, 04:31:41 am »

:"l'll help you my little friend. But it won't be for free...your payment will be that spellbook your husband has with him. Do we have a deal?"
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2020, 11:40:27 am »

+1
+1 spell books are useful

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2020, 11:00:05 pm »

+1
+1 spell books are useful
"Huh... that's all you want? Ha! It's probably worth more than the old fool is, but I won't miss it. Let's go, then! I'll show you where the Second Harvest is, you get him back, and I'll meet you by the city gates. His name is Cha Seunggi. I'm Cha Youngok, by the by."
The two of you, hulking dragonborn and diminutive aging halfling, make your way westward down the road another half hour or so, passing another patrol of Castamiran soldiers and an inquisitor of the Church of Dawn, before you spot the Second Harvest, a decidedly second-rate tavern which is clearly used to serving a rough crowd. The building is of a fairly modern design, a symmetrical U-shape with two entrances facing the road and presumably a third door around the back, where you can just make out the stable.
"Well, here we are. I'm just going to get in the way if it comes to a fight, so I'll wait out here. May Saint Jessa smile upon you."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 05:39:04 am »

Lets get our dragon ass in there and see whats going on, use the front door.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2020, 01:37:18 pm »

You pick the nearer of the two front doors and kick it in, feeling somewhat deflated as it smoothly swings inward. It looks like you've found the workers' entrance, which leads directly into the kitchen, beyond which you can see through open doorways into the pantry and a storage room to your left, and a corridor straight ahead which curves to the right out of sight, lined with more closed doors along its length. From what you know of the layouts of these sorts of buildings, those doors most likely lead to guest rooms, while the common room is most likely at the far end of that corridor, in the other arm of the U.
There is a dwarf cowering behind one of the counters. She quickly ducks further down as soon as she's seen that you've spotted her.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2020, 05:19:59 pm »

You pick the nearer of the two front doors and kick it in, feeling somewhat deflated as it smoothly swings inward. It looks like you've found the workers' entrance, which leads directly into the kitchen, beyond which you can see through open doorways into the pantry and a storage room to your left, and a corridor straight ahead which curves to the right out of sight, lined with more closed doors along its length. From what you know of the layouts of these sorts of buildings, those doors most likely lead to guest rooms, while the common room is most likely at the far end of that corridor, in the other arm of the U.
There is a dwarf cowering behind one of the counters. She quickly ducks further down as soon as she's seen that you've spotted her.

Stomp our way to her. We'll yank her out of her hiding place and bring her to eye level. "  You like to bully halfings I see. Now look at you quivering like a scared puppy. Tell me where your leader is and I'll promise to let you guys off with only a missing finger." exhale smoke from our nostril for that extra intimidation.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 05:23:55 pm by Luckyowl »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2020, 03:01:55 am »

Stomp our way to her. We'll yank her out of her hiding place and bring her to eye level. "  You like to bully halfings I see. Now look at you quivering like a scared puppy. Tell me where your leader is and I'll promise to let you guys off with only a missing finger." exhale smoke from our nostril for that extra intimidation.
+1 I'm starting to have a feeling that pretty much everyone we're going to meet in this game is going to be afraid of us.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2020, 02:36:26 am »

+1 I'm starting to have a feeling that pretty much everyone we're going to meet in this game is going to be afraid of us.
[Intimidation: 7+2] "Wh-what? Hey, just wait a minute, I'm not with those brawly nutters, alright? And I guess you're not, either." The dwarf painstakingly extracts herself from some boxes and miscellanea she had been crouching among, then comes up to stand in front of you, smoothing out her apron before crossing her arms. She looks middle-aged for a dwarf, wrinkles beginning to line her brown skin, but her hair is still pure black and her brown eyes still glint sharply up at you. "Don't you think you can bully me, Mr. Bard. You want to press me for information, I'll give it, but I expect something in return, alright? Let's start with, who do you think you are, kicking in the door of my kitchen like that?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2020, 04:08:03 am »

Tell her our name and that we're here to rescue someone from some ruffians and that we kicked this door thinking it was the entrance door.

iCaptureTheCastle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2020, 11:30:05 pm »

+1 to above. I hope we're not going murderhobo as is common for this particular RPG.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2020, 01:01:29 am »

Tell her our name and that we're here to rescue someone from some ruffians and that we kicked this door thinking it was the entrance door.
+1 to above. I hope we're not going murderhobo as is common for this particular RPG.
"Zeshush... Malerf, Mick Person? Well, there's no accounting for the sins of the parents, eh? Mine named me Shakti, can you even imagine? In this day and age? Anyway, you were looking for the common entrance. That's the right one, I mean the one on the right, if you're facing this place from the road, which you would be, if you were looking to come in. Bloody Castamiran regulations make all these new buildings look the same inside and out, there's no heart in an inn any more, you know? Anyway, Mr. No-Sense-of-Direction, I don't know anything about no rescue operation, but the ruffians you're probably looking for were making a whole lot of noise in the common room up 'til a few minutes ago, when they all went quiet. Although, I suppose any of my usual guests could be the sort of ruffian some burly bard would kick down the door to find. Check the common room, anyway; you can head down the main hallway from here to reach it, or head around the front from outside and kick in that door. Oh wait, here, take this too." She tosses you a keyring, heavy with a couple of dozen keys. "Should get you into any of the guest rooms, in case your 'ruffians' have holed up in one of them. Do me a favour and use that instead of breaking the door. I'll want that back, though, alright?"

Added Second Harvest keyring to inventory.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5