Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [5e] This game will sometimes update and will one day have a name  (Read 6455 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [5e] This game will sometimes update and will one day have a name
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2020, 05:29:06 am »

Information obtained! Now using this info lets go out and kick open the door the common room and look for the people that kidnapped that guy.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2020, 06:29:00 pm »

Information obtained! Now using this info lets go out and kick open the door the common room and look for the people that kidnapped that guy.
You head back out the door you came in through and over to the other door. You kick this one open, and again, it swings in gently on oiled hinges. Nevertheless, the five people inside look very surprised at the sudden interruption.
All of the chairs and tables in the room have been pushed aside to the walls save for a few that have been pushed together to make one large table surrounded by a dozen chairs, around which four medium-sized humanoids in tight all-concealing green uniforms and one elderly halfling man are seated. As you make your entrance, a large sheet of paper is hurriedly rolled up, and a couple of hands begin to make their way to weapons.

Spoiler: Condition (click to show/hide)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2020, 07:56:14 pm »

Smoothly swoop our magical electric guitar from our back to our hand  and play Purple Haze.

Purple Haze (V,S) (1st level Conjuration) (1 Action, Instantaneous) (30 ft.)
Summon a purple toxic gas from the guitar. The target must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or take 2d6 poison damage.
This spell's damage increases by 2d6 when you reach 5th level (4d6), 11th level (6d6), and 17th level (8d6).

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2020, 06:24:20 am »

Smoothly swoop our magical electric guitar from our back to our hand  and play Purple Haze.

Summon a purple toxic gas from the guitar. The target must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or take 2d6 poison damage.
This spell's damage increases by 2d6 when you reach 5th level (4d6), 11th level (6d6), and 17th level (8d6).
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2020, 10:01:41 pm »

Thanks for the keys, after getting our pay, I can give some of it to you for help with fixing the door I broke

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2020, 10:26:04 am »

Thanks for the keys, after getting our pay, I can give some of it to you for help with fixing the door I broke
It'll be hard to tell her this stuff as we've already left the room she was in, and have gone after the villains.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2020, 02:01:01 pm »

It'll be hard to tell her this stuff as we've already left the room she was in, and have gone after the villains.
oh whoops, must’ve been a few pages behind, ignore my irrelevant post then. I’ll make a more relevant post upon catching up
Edit: do we know these are hostile? Maybe it’s only some of them who are hostile, do we really want to risk poisoning them? I guess better to be safe than sorry

+1
+1
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 02:03:59 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

iCaptureTheCastle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2020, 01:00:37 am »

+1
Yes. Poison them ALL.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2020, 03:44:26 pm »

Oh my, got a lot of input this time. Guess everyone's rarin' for a fight!

+1
Yes. Poison them ALL.
You begin to pluck out some notes on the strange instrument the strange man gave you. As you hit out the octaves, a bassline comes out of nowhere and begins harmonizing the tritone below what you're playing, before a snare and kick drum join in a couple bars later. As the minor pentatonic riff comes to your fingers unbidden, a Purple Haze begins to seep out through the instrument's headstock, which drifts into the face of the nearest man [Constitution: 19+0], who coughs and sputters a bit but is quickly able to recover from the ill effects of the spell. The purple haze disperses harmlessly, and the humans around the table draw their weapons (three with clubs, one with a shortsword) and leap to their feet. The halfling does not move from his spot.
Roll initiative!
[Initiative: 3+0]
[Enemy Group Initiative: 2+0]
[Enemy Leader Initiative: 14+1]

The apparent leader of the enemy group, the one with the sword, charges toward you! [Shortsword Attack: 1+3] Their swing goes ridiculously wide as they slip a bit on some spilt ale.

Turn order:
Emerald Warrior Leader
Zekthush
Emerald Warriors x3

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2020, 04:26:48 pm »

Can we use our guitar as a blunt weapon, aiming for the head?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2020, 06:12:56 am »

We have a quarterstaff, lets smash him in the face with that instead of the guitar.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2020, 02:49:19 pm »

We have a quarterstaff, lets smash him in the face with that instead of the guitar.
oh yeah, +1

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2020, 03:37:38 pm »

oh yeah, +1
Holding your guitar in one hand, you use the other to free your staff of its straps on your back and in one smooth movement bring it around and down onto the enemy before you. [One-handed Quarterstaff Attack: 11+5] You crack him straight on the head, doing [Bludgeoning Damage: 4+3] damage. He staggers a bit, looking dizzy.
Meanwhile, the three subordinates rush off in three directions - one dashes for the back corridor, one [Athletics: 14+0 vs. Athletics: 12+0] struggles for a moment with the elderly halfling before grabbing him, while the last one rushes towards you [Club Attack: 8+2] and you just barely manage to deflect her attack.
The leader shakes his head and takes another swing at you, feet firmly planted this time; [Shortsword Attack: 6+3] you deflect this blow as well with a deft spin of your staff.

Turn order:
Emerald Warrior Leader
Zekthush
Emerald Warriors x3

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2020, 06:13:12 am »

Focus on the leader and beat him senseless.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2020, 11:34:13 pm »

Focus on the leader and beat him senseless.
You flip the staff around and [One-handed Quarterstaff Attack: 20+5] absolutely smash him in the side of the head, dealing [Critical Bludgeoning Damage: 2+4+3] damage. The side of the Emerald Warrior leader's skull caves in, and he falls to the ground, his head a mess of bones, brains and blood.
Seeing this, the Emerald Warrior who was already running out the back picks up the pace and disappears out of view, hollers fading down the curved hallway. The hostage taker begins slowly dragging the elderly halfling down the same path, while the third enemy hesitates for a second before [Club Attack: 7+2] taking another narrowly-dodged swing at you. She quavers a bit under your gaze before turning to run, and you reflexively [One-handed Quarterstaff Attack: 8+5] bash her in the back as she goes, dealing [Bludgeoning Damage: 1+3] damage. She stumbles slightly but makes it about halfway across the room away from you.

Turn order:
Emerald Warrior Leader
Zekthush
Emerald Warriors x3

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5