Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 73

Author Topic: The Cataclysm games thread.  (Read 103449 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The Cataclysm games thread.
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2020, 05:29:07 pm »

So, I've been doing more work with making Bright Nights versions of my mods the past few days.

In addition to Arcana, I've set aside BN versions of MST Extra, Medieval Mod Reborn, Tankmod: Revived, and Stamina Regen Buff.

For all of those mods, the BN-specific version is also in the same repo, in a separate folder.

In addition, Nonperishable Overhaul is (for now) compatible with both DDA and BN without needing separate versions. I have plans to set aside a BN version of Dorf Life sooner or later (I really need to finish work on it too...) and I've been meaning to test whether Fewer Farms Mod needs a separate version or not.

Regarding mods I've helped maintain but aren't mine, I intend to PR a BN version for DangerNoodle's Mining Mod as well, and I've been meaning with work with Noctifer to make a BN version of Cataclysm++ as well.

Now, as for other updates lately, I've got a bit of Tankmod progress done recently. Atomic mini-tanks have at last been revived in a sense, in the form of a fictional solar-electric variant since minireactors are no longer vanilla content. Speaking of no-longer-vanilla, guess who's back? Mercifully rare and stuck with only the main gun (because it turns out monsters can't have more than one special attack of type gun without stuff breaking), there's now a proper tank drone packing 120mm as there was in ye olden days.

There are a few more location variants with military vehicle themes as well, most notably VFW halls have a chance of having an M60 Patton tank on display (disarmed save for the main gun), and garages can rarely have signs of (undead) military presence, usually with evidence of some last-ditch attempts to get old equipment in working order during the chaos of the first couple days. Likewise, military outposts sometimes can have a variant with a vehicle bay.

And finally, there's been some assorted rebalancing and a few item additions. In addition to a fictional 120mm autoloading cannon (used by the new tank drones and the mini-tank), you can now make blackpowder variants of ammo, and can strip a 25mm autocannon down into a (still very heavy) man-portable version, in the same vein as the stripped-down M2 Browning in vanilla. This turns it into a single-shot weapon, and goes from vehicle-only to being usable on mountable terrain like most heavy weapons.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2020, 02:55:02 am »

I can't remember but did they ever finish the surface level train tracks, or did that project die out.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2020, 12:26:44 pm »

and can strip a 25mm autocannon down into a (still very heavy) man-portable version, in the same vein as the stripped-down M2 Browning in vanilla. This turns it into a single-shot weapon, and goes from vehicle-only to being usable on mountable terrain like most heavy weapons.

I can't even imagine how you would make a portable cannon of that caliber. Just the barrel weighs like 30kg.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2020, 01:35:39 pm »

I can't even imagine how you would make a portable cannon of that caliber. Just the barrel weighs like 30kg.

Yeah, it's...portable in the sense that you can technically make use of it...

Code: [Select]
"weight": "50 kg",
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2020, 08:08:58 pm »

I'm envisioning a man spinning around wildly while holding down the trigger.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2020, 08:16:37 pm »

I'm envisioning a man spinning around wildly while holding down the trigger.

And that is why it's converted to a single-shot. Well no, the real reason is because the stripped-down M2 Browning is also converted to a single shot, ergo this item based off that concept is too.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2020, 12:05:00 am »

And...this is fascinating.

On the left is an item being added by this PR: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/45724

On the right is the birchbark sheath from MST Extra: https://github.com/chaosvolt/MST_Extra_Mod/blob/master/MST_Extra/items/armor.json#L41

Details have some minor differences but the formatting is similar enough, down to the JSON properties they both have being in the exact same order, that it makes me go hmm. I'm also 90% certain I've heard of an innawoods mod adding straw cloaks and other woven items like that. I'm reasonably suspicious that these items are entirely from third-party mods, being ported over without so much as a mention in the OP as to where they came from.

EDIT: Though looking at it further, it might've been due to basing it off the vanilla sheath. I wouldn't be so suspicious if I could at least find the mod that I could've sworn had grass cloaks so I can determine whether there's any similarities there or not, and the fact I can't find that mod is now pissing me off. >_>
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 12:51:35 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2020, 10:09:07 am »

And finally, there's been some assorted rebalancing and a few item additions. In addition to a fictional 120mm autoloading cannon (used by the new tank drones and the mini-tank), you can now make blackpowder variants of ammo, and can strip a 25mm autocannon down into a (still very heavy) man-portable version, in the same vein as the stripped-down M2 Browning in vanilla. This turns it into a single-shot weapon, and goes from vehicle-only to being usable on mountable terrain like most heavy weapons.

Blackpowder 25mm single shot cannon?

Prepare the battery!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2020, 11:54:36 am »

I was looking through some of the item stats, and found that longbows have an underbarrel mod slot. Unfortunately, they do not take a 40mm grenade launcher - the slot is probably for a flashlight or something - the image is pretty funny.

Blackpowder 25mm single shot cannon?

Prepare the battery!

...for the firearm repair kit.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2020, 02:50:50 am »

The only thing I've been able to put in the underbarrel slot on a bow was the underbarrel laser sight.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2020, 12:24:00 pm »

The only thing I've been able to put in the underbarrel slot on a bow was the underbarrel laser sight.

Bows count as a separate weapon category from rifles, SMGs, launchers etc. So if a bow is given an underbarrel slot, it will only accept a grenade launcher if it's defined as being usable on a bow (which it isn't, if I recall).

Most weapon categories for gunmod purposes are simply defined by the weapon skill, if I recall. Hence bows are defined as a weapon that uses the bow skill. The odd one out would be crossbows, they rely on some hardcoded hacks that check for what ammotype they fire, if I recall.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2020, 04:06:25 pm »

from https://mobile.twitter.com/practicalswift/status/1337177770208747522 :
Top 10 most critical open source projects written in C++ as measured by Google's Open Source Project Criticality Score:

7. Cataclysm-DDA
C:DDA's commit rate and automated build release rate are so high that it places 7th on all of GitHub, under this highly experimental metric.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2021, 11:52:13 am »

i have considered getting the C.R.I.T expansion mod what does it add
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2021, 12:54:07 pm »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2021, 05:18:16 pm »

i have considered getting the C.R.I.T expansion mod what does it add

Awesomeness.  Totally get it, at least to try out.  It has power armor starts, it has beam weapon starts, it even has a mad scientist that turned themselves into a mutant.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 73