Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 73

Author Topic: The Cataclysm games thread.  (Read 103191 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The Cataclysm games thread.
« Reply #495 on: January 16, 2022, 12:18:13 am »

Does BrightNights have the weight system? I can't see if my character thinks they are obese or not but I do see number on bathroom scales change so it looks like it is, what I'm not sure though is if there is any malus from being obese, it looks like there can be from being malnourished.

And just to confirm that it doesn't have the vitamins stuff in it right?

Korg's janky weight gain mechanics aren't in it, nah. Remnants of the code are in it (hence why the scale still even exists) but your BMI is fixed to what would be healthy for your chosen weight and age. Vitamins also still haven't been given effects yet. Firestorm dabbled in finally adding a proper take to them but closed the attempt because it's hard to balance the effects to actually matter without them being unrealistically annoying.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 16, 2022, 12:40:30 am »

Crashed my car into a tree and died (DDA BTW). 3 days in so not much of a loss but I got cocky and started speeding. Was an okay start though.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 16, 2022, 02:47:36 am »

Crashed my car into a tree and died (DDA BTW). 3 days in so not much of a loss but I got cocky and started speeding. Was an okay start though.

Eh, smashing "5" on the number pad for a half hour does get boring.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 16, 2022, 03:24:02 am »

I only go 40 km/h maximum unless I know the road is clear. At least there's autodrive, it was recently made smarter but it goes slow.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 16, 2022, 04:16:58 am »

I go 50 max on roads and 70 in fields and if I play my cards right I don't hit any rocks, but I only do that in the day time and only go about 30 at night.

Also can autodrive go over bridges now or have they not fixed that yet?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 16, 2022, 04:19:26 am »

Auto-anything in Cataclysm is basically Auto-RIPscreen.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 16, 2022, 04:58:09 am »

Vehicle parts all have individual armor values. The obviously fragile stuff, like windshields and headlights will break right away, but most of the sturdy stuff is functionally indestructible as far as regular zeds are concerned.

I mean as in they aren't attacking the vehicle at all. No whumps and thumps, smashes or crashes as far as vehicles are concerned.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm just waiting by the vehicle and thy aren't doing anything. Cars in cities are only wrecked from spawn, not scattered masses of chunks of steel and broken glass.

The active world mods are Bright Nights, Disable NPC needes, Simplified Nutrition (which should really be the hint that vitamins aren't in there, but scale did confuse me), elevated bridges and craftable gun pack.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 16, 2022, 05:56:08 am »

Auto-anything in Cataclysm is basically Auto-RIPscreen.
The new auto drive and new auto walk never got me killed, in fact it nicely swerves around obstacles way better than I can do.

I go 50 max on roads and 70 in fields and if I play my cards right I don't hit any rocks, but I only do that in the day time and only go about 30 at night.

Also can autodrive go over bridges now or have they not fixed that yet?
Yes it can now. And it no longer acts like a drunk driver.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 16, 2022, 10:20:19 pm »

Vehicle parts all have individual armor values. The obviously fragile stuff, like windshields and headlights will break right away, but most of the sturdy stuff is functionally indestructible as far as regular zeds are concerned.

I mean as in they aren't attacking the vehicle at all. No whumps and thumps, smashes or crashes as far as vehicles are concerned.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm just waiting by the vehicle and thy aren't doing anything. Cars in cities are only wrecked from spawn, not scattered masses of chunks of steel and broken glass.

The active world mods are Bright Nights, Disable NPC needes, Simplified Nutrition (which should really be the hint that vitamins aren't in there, but scale did confuse me), elevated bridges and craftable gun pack.
I can't say I know what's going on there, but this wouldn't be the first time that zombie bashing behavior has been weird.

Edit: Oops, quoted the wrong post.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 10:24:10 pm by duckman »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 17, 2022, 02:09:14 am »

Meanwhile in Arcana, two recent ideas were suggested to me:
1. Some way to make gunpowder using alchemy. Looking into it, I feel like the best way to do that would be a recipe for making a decent amount of gunpowder from non-standard materials, using the same basic set of components and tools used for the alchemy recipes to make silver and gold. So that means you need red potion plus the very basics of a metalworking setup. Since blackpowder is in comparison easy to make but uses materials that can be a pain in the ass to get ahold of (and are effectively loot-only), using a more advanced yet still accessible toolset plus something that's rare but craftable with effort seems like a good side method.
2. Grenade-type explosives keep coming up as a suggestion. The obvious idea that came to mind was elemental themed weapons making use of the talisman items you can learn to make. Key ideas that come to mind include optionally arming them on ranged impact, and elemental damage types in the BN version since fragmentation can be set to use exotic damage types in BN.

Did some testing as a part of once again trying to translate the weird old power stat of explosives into the damage method used in BN. DDA has...well, let's say the kinda shit I run into every time I test DDA for longer than a minute:

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 17, 2022, 12:43:59 pm »

how i can tame cow?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 17, 2022, 02:43:42 pm »

how i can tame cow?

Should be by making of obtaining cattle fodder, getting next to them, using a to apply it at them.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 17, 2022, 03:53:02 pm »

Thk

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 17, 2022, 11:55:01 pm »

Did you actually remember to throw the grenade? It's kinda wonky how it shows that it ran out of energy lol but that's a purely visual bug that's been there for as long as grenades were because of how the timer is represented internally.

Nothing wrong with the dynamite tumbling to the floor, your arms broke lol.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 18, 2022, 02:45:44 am »

Did you actually remember to throw the grenade? It's kinda wonky how it shows that it ran out of energy lol but that's a purely visual bug that's been there for as long as grenades were because of how the timer is represented internally.

Nothing wrong with the dynamite tumbling to the floor, your arms broke lol.

The explosives are bugging out and failing to explode when their fuze runs out, which seems to be a charges bug. It is NOT a visual bug, the affected explosives vanish with no kaboom.

And yeah, nothing wrong except sometimes wielding my UNLIT explosive makes it EXPLODE despite being INACTIVE, and then I drop the explosive that STILL EXISTS despite having EXPLODED.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 73