Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 73

Author Topic: The Cataclysm games thread.  (Read 103588 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: The Cataclysm games thread.
« Reply #705 on: July 01, 2022, 06:28:28 am »

I almost always go for max points by taking the infected wound + burning building start and usually die, but if I survive the character is strong enough to feel cheesy after finding gear. I don't mind start scenarios being locked especially if it's optional in the options menu for a new world or whatnot, I would probably play a more average and less min-max character the next time I play DDA instead of a Katana wielding super genius.
Yeah I like roleplay starts. I don't really minmax, I just play as my character would act.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 01, 2022, 09:52:41 am »

I don't play BN entirely because there's no pockets and there will never be pockets and I don't really feel like making a "BN-with-pockets" fork, even though I know it's in my abilities, because that would take too long

The pockets thing is the main umbrage I take with the ethos (pathos?) behind BN; like, pockets are actually fun and convenient compared to what BN has, at least in my short experience trying it, but they don't let you carry a gun once you have three messenger bags or whatever so they're anti-fun, I guess?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #707 on: July 01, 2022, 10:37:57 am »

pockets

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 01, 2022, 11:08:49 am »

Yeah, pockets too.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 01, 2022, 11:17:15 am »

Do that pocket thingy needs to be implemented directly in the code ?
I mean can't it be implemented as a mod so people that prefer the CBN way can continue without the pockets system and those that wants this feature can just enable the mod ?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 01, 2022, 12:13:16 pm »

Do that pocket thingy needs to be implemented directly in the code ?
I mean can't it be implemented as a mod so people that prefer the CBN way can continue without the pockets system and those that wants this feature can just enable the mod ?
No, it's ingrained in the code, and there's no way to turn it into a mod without an ungodly amount of effort spent on making edge cases for everything that uses pockets. Source: I'm a DDA contributor and know how the code works somewhat.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 12:15:41 pm by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 01, 2022, 12:23:38 pm »

I guess it's another case of
That is sad but not unexpected.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 01, 2022, 12:29:53 pm »

I guess it's another case of
That is sad but not unexpected.
Yep.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 01, 2022, 02:00:43 pm »

Technically I didn't actually look at all the effort it would take, I just guessed based on what I saw of container code when I was doing optimizations here and there. But what I saw suggested that pockets (as "containers") are super duper all over the place in the code, which, yeah, pain.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 02, 2022, 03:25:19 am »

I could take or leave pockets some ways they're really nice and others they are annoying.

When it comes to starts I never use points on skills and instead use them for stats since those can't be obtained in game without mods, then pick whichever profession sounds interesting to play as and it's usually whatever sounds the most interesting at the time and doesn't make me spawn in town since I also set the zombie spawn rate to 30 which makes anything with zombies a death trap even if I have a gun, then if I spend the next few months gathering equipment and ammo until I feel I'm ready to try to start chipping away at a town so I can get inside.

Also I always start with the helicopter pilot thing since I've yet to live long enough to find a working one and see it as a challenge to get one and fly around in it even if they do seem kind of useless given the rarity of fuel, fuel consumption, and inability to repair them.

Don't you already move settings and save files and stuff like that when updating? You can also use a launcher and forget about it.
Only the keybindings and mods that aren't included in the game, like to start fresh especially since I only updated every few months or once a year. Also I don't use the launcher as it's not that hard of a game to set up, and I thought it was a third party thing.

the community has too much freedom of speech and thus attracts various bigots who were expelled from the DDA community. The last thing I want to do is associate with them. It's toxic.
Just because it has freedom of speech doesn't mean it's filled with bigots, but I'm well aware of how much you hate that stuff so I'm sure you'd hate it even if it wasn't. Also wouldn't that mean the DDA community is also toxic if the bigots were there first?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 02, 2022, 05:53:41 am »

I could take or leave pockets some ways they're really nice and others they are annoying.

When it comes to starts I never use points on skills and instead use them for stats since those can't be obtained in game without mods, then pick whichever profession sounds interesting to play as and it's usually whatever sounds the most interesting at the time and doesn't make me spawn in town since I also set the zombie spawn rate to 30 which makes anything with zombies a death trap even if I have a gun, then if I spend the next few months gathering equipment and ammo until I feel I'm ready to try to start chipping away at a town so I can get inside.

Also I always start with the helicopter pilot thing since I've yet to live long enough to find a working one and see it as a challenge to get one and fly around in it even if they do seem kind of useless given the rarity of fuel, fuel consumption, and inability to repair them.

Don't you already move settings and save files and stuff like that when updating? You can also use a launcher and forget about it.
Only the keybindings and mods that aren't included in the game, like to start fresh especially since I only updated every few months or once a year. Also I don't use the launcher as it's not that hard of a game to set up, and I thought it was a third party thing.
So you indeed do move folders already. It's likely going to be in the config folder, which has your keybindings.

the community has too much freedom of speech and thus attracts various bigots who were expelled from the DDA community. The last thing I want to do is associate with them. It's toxic.
Just because it has freedom of speech doesn't mean it's filled with bigots, but I'm well aware of how much you hate that stuff so I'm sure you'd hate it even if it wasn't. Also wouldn't that mean the DDA community is also toxic if the bigots were there first?
1. Except I have seen screenshot proof of people in the Discord complaining about "trannies". I wouldn't say such things if I hadn't seen it. Online free speech always results in this happening. There can never be any exceptions.
2. No because they got kicked out.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 05:56:37 am by MaxTheFox »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 02, 2022, 07:00:53 am »

I just use Freeform when creating a character.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 02, 2022, 07:27:50 am »

I just use Freeform when creating a character.
Me too.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 03, 2022, 06:46:08 am »

« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 02:56:49 pm by Toady One »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 03, 2022, 08:10:36 am »

Will the Nether Realm ever be implemented in any of the Cataclysm branches? It's been years.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 73