Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 73

Author Topic: The Cataclysm games thread.  (Read 103596 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: The Cataclysm games thread.
« Reply #720 on: July 03, 2022, 08:27:43 am »

Will the Nether Realm ever be implemented in any of the Cataclysm branches? It's been years.
It's planned, but as I understand it, the way the map is stored is coded in such a way as to make multiple dimensions hard. It's obviously doable, but might require a ton of effort.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 03, 2022, 09:18:09 am »

I didn't say it was a cesspit on the scale of the actually Nazi-filled oldcord, but it still allows some... iffy people to remain according to what I have heard (not even from the devs).

I really can't leave this part be, because the image you posted SPECIFICALLY used two of the three people I already mentioned had been banned for their actions as examples, shiffith and rosecrypto. Saying "this place allows these troublemakers to remain" and then including people who've been removed for their behavior as evidence of this is kinda irritates me, especially since a lot of the other examples listed there are definitely reaching.

Hell, you didn't even actually include a good example of the kinda stupid things rosecrypto was prone to posting.

As for posts on there that actually are suspect, I haven't seen activity from The Lost (EDIT: got these two names mixed up, whoops) and GiesOther since before I became a moderator, if they resume posting and start acting up such behavior obviously should be brought to my attention.

SzQ has also been...I'm not sure what to make of him, he's not in the same bunch as the alt-right trolls but he's definitely gotten muted for his behavior at least once already. Nothing ban-worthy has been posted since I ended up being made a moderator to my knowledge (yet), but plenty of things have warranted a deletion.

EDIT: Looking into post history. The Lost has actually been active since then but so far their activity since then looks to be mundane game discussion and at one point getting salty about a game they had trouble with in the other-games channel.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 10:10:44 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 03, 2022, 09:55:29 am »

There's been a lot of drama in this topic suddenly..

So of things to say that's more on topic. How's everyones progress doing in Cata? Been playing around a bit and relearning how to make a proper vehicle again.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 03, 2022, 09:58:28 am »

So of things to say that's more on topic. How's everyones progress doing in Cata? Been playing around a bit and relearning how to make a proper vehicle again.

Okay yeah, back on topic, I've got an assortment of follow-up PRs I oughta do, if anything. Been hard to find time and energy to work on a lot of it. @.@
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 03, 2022, 10:28:49 am »

Will the Nether Realm ever be implemented in any of the Cataclysm branches? It's been years.
It's planned, but as I understand it, the way the map is stored is coded in such a way as to make multiple dimensions hard. It's obviously doable, but might require a ton of effort.
This is one of the long-range targets for C:Z.  Nothing happens until the location format is dealt with.  (Technically, whole-earth game world is "easier" except for resource limits...that just wants global positioning locations, which weren't that awful to reverse-engineer.)

Once one of the location representations is a map-position pair rather than a position, the nether world is no longer technically blocked (just need content at that point).  This also helps w/NPC vehicle driving, etc. (being "in a vehicle" is then read off the location, rather than inferred).

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 05, 2022, 03:12:38 am »

It's finally happened you can now saw the stock off your guns, this means we can now create proper sawn-off shotguns and even make our own oberz, not really sure why it took so long for this to happen especially when the guy that did the PR said he used some of the same code from sawing of the barrel.

Speaking of sawing off barrels has any one actually used that feature, I didn't but since they added the ability to saw the stock off I'll probably use both of them.

(toad-edit: response to removed section removed)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 02:57:50 pm by Toady One »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 05, 2022, 11:27:32 am »

(toad-edit: response to removed section removed)

--

Can Cataclysm still run over ssh/telnet, and does it still support asynchronous world updates? I recall a lifetime ago that you could host a world and see the aftermath or (relative) ongoing mayhem of other users' saves.

'Course, game was less complicated back then too.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 02:58:07 pm by Toady One »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 05, 2022, 11:56:28 am »

It's finally happened you can now saw the stock off your guns, this means we can now create proper sawn-off shotguns and even make our own oberz, not really sure why it took so long for this to happen especially when the guy that did the PR said he used some of the same code from sawing of the barrel.

Speaking of sawing off barrels has any one actually used that feature, I didn't but since they added the ability to saw the stock off I'll probably use both of them.

Sounds like good fodder to port over to BN since it's something I wanted to look into one of these days.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 07, 2022, 01:59:21 am »

To get things back on track, I started some basic work on something in Arcana: https://github.com/chaosvolt/cdda-arcana-mod/pull/264

In short, just some adjustments to how the durations of certain spell effects scale up. In particular, debuff/DoT/paralysis effects all felt kinda out of line, and I'd also been meaning to nerf summoning durations a bit more too. In particular Confuse Monster got a bit of an extra nerf, getting a bit less AoE at max level. Still WIP so far.

As with spells in Arcana overall, they should still lean towards a balance point of "actually usable out of the box" compared to Magiclysm spells at minimum level, hopefully while reducing some of the ability to cheese certain spells.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 09, 2022, 09:53:14 pm »

Spoiler: Difficulty sliders (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 10:01:42 pm by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 10, 2022, 12:53:25 am »

That all seems very vague is there a away to get the raw numbers that dictate those things back?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 10, 2022, 02:04:38 am »

That all seems very vague is there a away to get the raw numbers that dictate those things back?
Yeah it's optional.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 10, 2022, 04:31:18 am »

Yeah it's optional.
That's good to hear, also do we know what it considers the hardest difficulty?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 10, 2022, 04:57:40 am »

The most annoying thing about this new worldgen menu: mod list is hidden behind a now easy-to-miss key.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 10, 2022, 08:19:45 am »

Yeah it's optional.
That's good to hear, also do we know what it considers the hardest difficulty?
"Punish me more": Monsters are 50% tougher, 20% faster, and spawn 3x more. Items are half as likely to spawn.

The most annoying thing about this new worldgen menu: mod list is hidden behind a now easy-to-miss key.
Yeah that's an issue.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 73