Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 73

Author Topic: The Cataclysm games thread.  (Read 103072 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: The Cataclysm games thread.
« Reply #660 on: May 16, 2022, 09:03:02 am »

Is the latest experimental for DDA still from November of last year, or is that section of the wiki completely obsolete?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 16, 2022, 09:34:38 am »

Is the latest experimental for DDA still from November of last year, or is that section of the wiki completely obsolete?
It gets updated several times a day. The wiki is outdated, people use Hitchhiker's Guide To The Cataclysm (an auto-generated "wiki") now. Human editors can't keep up with updates enough to keep the Chezzo wiki up-to-date. It's abandoned, basically.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 16, 2022, 09:57:44 am »

...awh. I liked Chezzo
Did you just admit DDA is programmed by AI?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 17, 2022, 01:54:33 am »

Honestly I am not noticing a difference in performance between 0.F stable and the latest experimentals, maybe your computer got dusty inside, or your RAM got full, or you have crypto-mining malware leeching on your CPU.
I highly doubt I have crypto malware, but I think it might be the RAM as I've only got 2gigs of the stuff in this thing.
Also dust is a thing I probably need to do something about sooner rather than later, since loads of it came out when I blew into the fan one day.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 17, 2022, 11:02:45 am »

Not sure then, no telling with DDA since I'm not keeping as much track of what they're up to these days.

In BN news, here's one PR I finally bothered to mess with yesterday. In a nutshell: It converts the need to sterilize bionics from the end product of two item use actions (autoclave pouch and autoclave) or a use action and examine action (autoclave pouch, and furniture or vehicle autoclave) to the item mending menu for faults.

The main benefit of this is being able to immediately implement electric-grid autoclaves using the existing ability to fuel furniture tools using the grid, making it way less clunky to use if you find one. You could keep wrangling batteries as normal, or you could plug it in if your base has power set up, without having to convert it to vehicle use first.

The other benefit? Faults not only define what you need to fix them, you can define multiple methods for fixing them. Per suggestion I tinkered with an alternative method that doesn't involve and autoclave and can optionally not use a pouch, but requires higher skill.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 01, 2022, 09:59:14 pm »

0.G stable is coming soon in DDA. Currently the experimentals are in a feature freeze/bugfix phase (and they've been doing a good job, they made NPCs not throw their guns finally). I don't know if the mutation rework got grandfathered in as an ongoing project or if it's frozen until 0.H experimentals. Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it. I even made around 10 small PRs to fix things that annoyed me or to add small features.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 01, 2022, 10:27:05 pm »

0.G stable is coming soon in DDA. Currently the experimentals are in a feature freeze/bugfix phase (and they've been doing a good job, they made NPCs not throw their guns finally). I don't know if the mutation rework got grandfathered in as an ongoing project or if it's frozen until 0.H experimentals. Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it. I even made around 10 small PRs to fix things that annoyed me or to add small features.

They ever fix that issue where after a save/load almost every furniture-tool prints a "duplicate defined" load error?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 01, 2022, 10:59:14 pm »

They ever fix that issue where after a save/load almost every furniture-tool prints a "duplicate defined" load error?
You mean appliances? Yeah, in my last run I had a base with an appliance fridge and nothing threw any errors.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 01, 2022, 11:29:12 pm »

Nice. Can't recall if there's any other noteworthy bugs but then again I kinda only really start up DDA to make sure my mods still work.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 05, 2022, 10:02:01 pm »

So here's a discovery I made. DDA's version of MSX tileset does not credit me as a previous contributor: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/blob/master/gfx/MshockXotto%2B/Credit.txt

List of previous contributors:

Sir Hoder, Tsu's, Waldo, Coleen, Deon, Blockhead, Arex, Mshock, egomassive, Ragamer, ChunkofMeat,
Ruxe, Oakforce, Xotto, Chezzo, Arkenstone1, SomeDeadGuy, budg3

Literally my first ever PR to DDA was making the MShock Modded tileset: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/11707

This was what Xotto's team used to make the MSX set, PR their discourse thread: https://discourse.cataclysmdda.org/t/20170216-big-sprite-update-mshock32xottoplus-tileset-oversprite-tileset/11301

Base MShock32 Modded, Xotto plus his works.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 06, 2022, 02:09:42 am »

Is there anything you can do to get yourself credited?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 06, 2022, 02:42:13 am »

Is there anything you can do to get yourself credited?

Given DDA's version of MSX is updated from a separate repo Erk owns, I did make a PR here: https://github.com/I-am-Erk/CDDA-Tilesets/pull/1366

Question is whether they'll acknowledge this and merge it, or tell me to fuck off.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 06, 2022, 02:45:25 am »

Or merge it and ignore crediting you.  :P

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 06, 2022, 10:45:14 am »

Or merge it and ignore crediting you.  :P

I mean, the PR literally only changes the credits file so good luck.

Instead so far I get this response:

I was tempted to respond with basically "are you SERIOUSLY dropping a 'prove it' response and replying to my mention that there are 33 fucking PRs I did with asking me to sift through every single one to list every last sprite I made" but eh. Chances are even if I did confirm that they still had sprites I made in the tileset, they'll likely remove them just so they don't have to credit me.

Which is not what the POINT of credits.txt is, given it's supposed to list everyone who came before and put some work in keeping this tileset lineage alive, because if that was the point they would've removed...I think either Blockhead or Hoder, can't recall 100%, from the list since one of those old tileset authors was the one who added the stolen Minecraft mod sprites that sparked all this tileset drama a few years back.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 06, 2022, 10:44:13 pm »

SomeDeadGuy. He also threw a fit over trans representation in the game and left the community (after already being banned off the non-Nazi-filled server). He's a dick.

No comment on the credits thing, honestly I don't know enough about it.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 73