Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How Can I Cure Vampirism?  (Read 1136 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
How Can I Cure Vampirism?
« on: October 23, 2020, 04:29:57 pm »

I rolled the dice too early after the previous use and became a vampire. How can I lift it of myself?

Does drinking spatters of blood is enough? When I drinked enough from goblins they were no longer showing as red symbols indicating they're positions when I don't see them.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: How Can I Cure Vampirism?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 07:08:23 pm »

Barring some kind of DFhackery I'm not aware of, there's no way to stop being a vampire. Well, I guess you could die and just be a normal corpse rather than a walking one.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 01:05:08 am »

Is drinking spatters of blood enough? Does drinking enough blood make enemies no longer being revealed from behind walls as red cobs?
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 02:50:02 am »

No and no. You can always see the heartbeats/blood of the living whenever they're otherwise obstructed from view (I find it a very useful power tbh). You absolutely have to find an unconscious victim and drink blood directly from them (pressing the e/eat key, it will be at the top of the list.) Best way to knock a critter unconscious is by strangling them till they pass out, then drinking their blood before they actually suffocate. I always prey on wildlife, wherever possible. Don't let companions see you, either.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 07:22:38 am »

No and no. You can always see the heartbeats/blood of the living whenever they're otherwise obstructed from view (I find it a very useful power tbh). You absolutely have to find an unconscious victim and drink blood directly from them (pressing the e/eat key, it will be at the top of the list.) Best way to knock a critter unconscious is by strangling them till they pass out, then drinking their blood before they actually suffocate. I always prey on wildlife, wherever possible. Don't let companions see you, either.

I still receive messages when drinking blood spatters that I feel full upon drinking them. Thank you for answer. I do not have companions. Extremely high dodge chance of legendary and superelven attributes related to dodging help me enough.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 10:47:21 am »

Best way to knock a critter unconscious is by strangling them till they pass out, then drinking their blood before they actually suffocate.

IIRC, you don't need to go so far as strangling. Maintaining a hold on their neck and waiting is sufficient.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 02:17:29 am »

Best way to knock a critter unconscious is by strangling them till they pass out, then drinking their blood before they actually suffocate.

IIRC, you don't need to go so far as strangling. Maintaining a hold on their neck and waiting is sufficient.

I actually choke them by throat and they get knocked to sleep immediately. I drink they're blood with "e" key but they never die due to me drinking it. Bug? Does drinking they're blood this way truly feed me?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 10:23:20 am »

I actually choke them by throat and they get knocked to sleep immediately. I drink they're blood with "e" key but they never die due to me drinking it. Bug? Does drinking they're blood this way truly feed me?

Whether they die or not is determined by how long you've gone without feeding and how much blood volume they have. If your Thirst indicator diminishes, then you've fed successfully.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 04:47:18 pm »

Whether they die or not is determined by how long you've gone without feeding and how much blood volume they have. If your Thirst indicator diminishes, then you've fed successfully.

I love this game. Thanks.