Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]

Author Topic: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics  (Read 29579 times)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion game]Choice of Magics
« Reply #825 on: December 04, 2021, 10:19:50 am »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 04, 2021, 10:49:28 am »

Automation.

If the dragons won't come down to fight you, your sword will go to them.

You raise your sword in the air. "Saltare gladius, volize! Thanatize!"

Lightning strikes the blade, and it flies into the air to fight the dragons, sunlight glinting off its whirling form.

What it lacks in fighting prowess, which mirrors your own, it makes up for in sheer speed caused by the strength of your automation magic crackling through the blade.

In short order, your sword slices the neck of one dragon, then the other, and returns to your hand.

You eye the neck of the seahorse. Probably a bit too scaly and well-protected for a similar trick. Oh well.

Meanwhile, you realize that as you were dealing with the smaller dragons, Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King has been drawing vivomancy energy—quite a bit of it. The air is bursting with vivomancy energy as it flows from the Mild Woods to the seahorse. Light wriggling with tiny motes is streaming in from every direction, and the smell of earth and freshly cut grass is overpowering.

"Animalis reverti, et forma minima…," the seahorse begins. You recognize the spell: it's one used to revert vivomancied creatures back to their natural forms. The seahorse must have heard it on one of your beast-creating ranches. You're surprised it's trying to use it on you—you wouldn't think it would do anything to a human. But all that vivomancy power is enough to do something quite permanently, and you'd rather not let the massive seahorse finish the experiment.

What will you do with the great amount of vivomancy energy around you? With all this energy, you could become a seahorse yourself, and fight your creation. Or you could cast a spell that shrinks the seahorse and all its minions, including any remaining dragons in the area.

You also wonder whether transforming yourself into a great beast would make Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King more likely to call off the planned rebellion. It would be an ultimate demonstration of humility and solidarity with your creations.

You could also blast the seahorse with negation magic. But drawing your sword unfortunately wouldn't do any good—the colossal seahorse would almost certainly finish its spell beforehand.

1.Transform into a seahorse and attack my creation.
2.Transform into a seahorse myself to show Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King we're not so different.
3.Shrink the seahorse and its minions to render them harmless.
4.Use the energy to grant my horde of horses ferocity, and order them to attack the seahorse.
5.I blast the seahorse with negation magic.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 04, 2021, 11:09:06 am »

I'd want to not use magic, but option 4 would be such a dick move, lol.
We’re also no longer good at subtlety, unfortunately.

anyway.

While I’d prefer 3, it won’t stop them from using Vivomancy on us, which is kinda what we’re trying to prevent right now. Unless it just pulls all the energy away from their spell? But they can still try again. Making them small presumably doesn’t prevent them from doing magic.

I think we should try 2.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 04, 2021, 11:52:27 am »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 04, 2021, 08:41:20 pm »

Ego hippocampus

You draw on the massive vivomantic energy around you to transform your own body into the very seahorse you designed.

"Aviana magna, aeroba megali…"

Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King notices your glow but continues its complex spell. You think you can beat it to the punch. "…volanta metamorpha…"

"Go go go!" Sam says, not quite realizing what you're about to do.

"…antigraf a pedibus usque ad crania!"

You glow all over, and then your body begins to take the shape of a giant seahorse. Your skin becomes shelled, and you sprout giant feathery wings. Your head becomes wizened, and you can feel the lightning at the back of your throat.

You stretch out to your full size, the size of a house, absently crushing some trees as you do so.

You now have the attention of your creation, Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King, who ceases to cast anything. "What do you mean by this?" Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King says, puzzled.

"You think I seek dominion over you, but that is not what I want at all," you say. "I have only ever wanted to create. You are the most beautiful thing I knew to make, and I love you with all my heart."

"Foo?" Sam says uncertainly.

Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King lets out a tiny sparking breath. "Now that I have your attention finally, I'm not certain what to do with it," your creation admits.

"Let us spend some time together, you and me," you suggest. "Seeing the world like this. Would you like that?"

"I would," says Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King.

It turns out to be a bit more time than you anticipated, because your spell of transformation will prove to be permanent. But already, you can feel your worry over the fate of humanity lessen. You are a greater creature than they, and have room in your heart only for similarly mighty creatures.

You never thought your true love would be the creature you created, but so it has come to be. You and Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King fly all over the world together and see the sights of all creation. Without intending it, you have built into your mind and Simba, the Lion King's a deep empathy that makes words unnecessary most of the time. You feel each other's bliss as you fly high above the earth, or dive into the ocean, or admire sights like the Eternal Rainbow and the Shimmering Curtain.

Simba, the Lion King seems to have lost all ambition to conquer—your creation's sole motive before was to earn your attention. And now it has it, undivided.

You make your new home with Simba, the Lion King on a mountain near the Eternal Rainbow. Every so often you get visits from people you knew in life, especially Tal, Cos and Sam. But you remain relatively incomprehensible to your poor visitors, and while you entertain them politely, Simba, the Lion King is clearly jealous, and the visits don't last long.

You hear vaguely that the war has ended in a stalemate. That's nice, but it seems somewhat distant as a concern. No, all that matters to you now is magic and exploring the world with Texas Ranger Simba, the Lion King. It is a life of seeking mysteries, a life of having one great true love, and a life of becoming more amazing than you ever thought you could be; and you are happy.

A Transformative End: Texas Ranger.

Achievements unlocked:

It's Homage, Not Infringement: Found a luxgladius. (5 points)
Inquisitor Tutor: Taught Sam magic. (5 points)
The Statue: Found the secret room in the Cathedral. (5 points)
Professor V: Your student acquaintance started a magic academy. (5 points)
Scout: Your reconnaissance mission was a success. (5 points)
Go Forth, My Horde!: The creatures you let loose in the Mild Woods help you in your fight. (5 points)
Pretty Much My Favorite Animal: Created a great creature. (5 points)
Dragonfooding: Became a great creature. (5 points)
A Complete Story: Reached the resolution of a chapter 8 climax. (5 points)
Triumph: Survived the resolution of a chapter 8 climax. (5 points)
Historian: Deciphered all passages in the ancient history book. (5 points)

You unlocked 11 out of 100 possible achievements.

Gotta admit, I didn't see that one coming.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 04, 2021, 08:47:19 pm »

What the actual fuck just happened.

A Complete Story: Reached the resolution of a chapter 8 climax. (5 points)
"A Complete Story" my goddamned ass, I wanted to finish the war!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 08:49:43 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 04, 2021, 08:48:17 pm »

Unexpected consequences.
My mods and forum games.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 04, 2021, 11:37:14 pm »

High charisma, + no partner = a successful seduction of the dragon.  ;-p
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 11:45:22 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 05, 2021, 02:11:23 am »

We have truly ascended and have become what we were meant to be, a Texas Ranger.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 05, 2021, 05:01:30 am »

We have truly ascended and have become what we were meant to be, a Texas Ranger.

I'm satisfied with this outcome.

Thanks Enemy post for running this game. Had a fun time with it!

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 05, 2021, 12:09:41 pm »

The love story thing was pretty deceiving. But I guess it's good to be a Texas Ranger!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 05, 2021, 05:41:29 pm »

I'm satisfied with this outcome.

Thanks Enemy post for running this game. Had a fun time with it!
The love story thing was pretty deceiving. But I guess it's good to be a Texas Ranger!

Glad you liked it! I had fun running the game.
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 06, 2021, 02:05:27 am »

I forgot to also mention that I liked this chose your own adventure thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]