Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: SPAMISEKAI: Count Quill of Tyneset!  (Read 9789 times)

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SPAMISEKAI: Count Quill of Tyneset!
« on: October 31, 2020, 02:44:19 pm »

Inspired by Haspen's famous SPAMKINGDOM series of games, but with a twist!

SPAMISEKAI

You were just a random nobody, another cog in the immense machine that makes up 21st-century society. Until you failed to look both ways before crossing the street, and had an unplanned date with Truck-kun. Somehow, this resulted in you waking up in the body of a random noble, in a world that looks suspiciously similar to medieval Europe where everyone speaks understandable English for some reason. Also, there are wizards and dragons and elves and dwarves about.

There's probably a good reason why you have been reborn into this world. If your genre-savviness is anything to go by, it's probably to save the world in one way or another. But first, we must know who you are:

Name:
Noble Rank: - What title do you hold in your new life?
A - King: You're a king, you answer only to yourself and the gods. And to other kings, should they come marching for your lands.
B - Duke: You rule a large-sized duchy in the name of your king, pledging fealty and paying taxes to him in exchange for military protection.
C - Count: You rule a mid-size piece of land in the name of your duke, encompassing a dozen towns and a few castles.
D - Baron: You rule only a single holding, usually a castle and sometimes the closest village or two.

Background Knowledge: - The only thing you brought from the old world was your mind, and the knowledge contained within it. What was that knowledge of?
A - Economics: You know the concept of supply and demand, the ins and outs of fiscal and monetary policy, and so much more besides. The economy makes and breaks states, and your realm won't be so easily broken.
B - Political Science: You've learnt how states operate: what drives them to declare war, sue for peace, negotiate alliances and sign treaties. While much of your knowledge dealt with modern nation-states, surely dealing with kings and queens won't be so different.
C - Engineering: You have a good grasp of physics and mechanical engineering, from the steam engine to the principles of rocketry. Of course, you haven't had to make one from scratch before, but how hard could it be?
D - History: Unfortunately, this world isn't just the past of our world, so your knowledge isn't of what will happen next. Fortunately, you're pretty good at spotting the general trends in history, which should save you from ending up on the wrong end of a peasant rebellion.

Purpose - What is your purpose in this new life and new world?
A - Conquest: This world is a mess of small, weak Petty Kingdoms, bloated and decadent Empires, and countless other squabbling fiefdoms. You'll sweep them all away with the might of your armies, and paint the entire map in your color.
B - Uplift: The people might be treating their fevers with leeches and blaming the gods for sending floods, but your old world was like that not too many centuries ago. By the time you're done, men will be walking on the moon once again.
C - Discovery: There's a whole new world out there, with new cities, kingdoms, continents and even new races to talk to. You want to see every inch of this fantasy world with your own eyes, and perhaps make some better maps while you're at it.
D - Mastery: Despite a few fruitless attempts to set things on fire with your mind, everyone assures you magic is certainly real in this world. With superhuman powers being possible, you'll work to master magic, and become the closest thing to a god.

No, I haven't forgotten about Knights of the Skies. I'm having trouble getting back into the writing mood, though, so I thought I'd do a SPAM game to force myself to write on a frequent basis.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 12:42:30 pm by Cnidaros »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMISEKAI
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 03:08:48 pm »

Name: Zachary Quill
Rank: Count (C) [though not terribly concerned with which one this is]
Background: A
Purpose: B, with a side of D

Request: our MC comes from the 21st century of the SPAMOVERLORD setting.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 03:18:48 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 03:12:21 pm »

I'm not all that familiar with spam things. Would each player get their own character, or is this one of the suggestion game things?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 03:12:45 pm »

I'm not all that familiar with spam things. Would each player get their own character, or is this one of the suggestion game things?
It's a suggestion game, with the intent of turns coming out quickly.
The latter part isn't always the case, but the first part is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 03:14:17 pm »

ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 03:17:27 pm »

Name: Anstal Veskar
Background Knowledge: D - History
Purpose: D - Mastery
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 03:35:02 pm »

Male
Baron
Economics
Conquest
   - But peacefully

A plan to create a merchant empire from nothing, and buy out the world.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 03:53:21 pm »

+1
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 04:12:04 pm »

+1
+1

Uplift the masses, learn magic, and break newton's laws over our knees. And fists, and feet.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 06:35:57 pm by TricMagic »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2020, 06:00:31 pm »

Male
Baron
Economics
Conquest
   - But peacefully

+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 06:19:10 pm »

Male
Baron
Economics
Conquest
   - But peacefully

+1
Needs a name: George Armstead

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2020, 07:07:00 pm »

I feel like purposes A, B, and D all eventually converge in on each other.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2020, 07:11:15 pm »

+1
+1

Uplift the masses, learn magic, and break newton's laws over our knees. And fists, and feet.
SPAMOVERLORD GM here

+1
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2020, 11:11:36 pm »

By the way, I've got a Discord for forum games. Would you want me to set up a channel for this there, Cnidaros?

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2020, 09:48:54 am »

Male
Baron
Engineering
Mastery

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19