Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stream For A Cause Halloween Charity Stream  (Read 408 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Stream For A Cause Halloween Charity Stream
« on: October 31, 2020, 02:52:59 pm »

My friends and I are hosting another charity stream, a spooky Halloween gathering! We're going big this time, as we're the grand finale of a 48 hour Scream for a Cause spooktacular. We're starting the stream at 7:15pm EST, where HorREfiedHyena, UntilFawn, Surinae, and SCHLORMPH will be carving pumpkins for 45 minutes while we wait for our actual timeslot at 8pm-12am. (I don't like getting my hands messy, because I am a big wimp.)

Briefly, Hyena will be playing Dead by Daylight with Jimmy with Charity Gaming, talking about their latest project, which we're helping out with. The project is the building of an entertainment center in Cohen Children's Hospital, so that kids can be distracted while they go through treatments like chemotherapy. Our 4 hour goal to raise is $200, but I'm hoping to smash that into a million pieces like last time. (For reference, I'm posting this pretty much everywhere, so don't feel pressured to donate, especially if you can't. I totally understand that money is super tight.)

We're going to be streaming the brand new game, Little Hope of the Dark Pictures Anthology. During our 4 hour block, we're giving away a whole BUTTLOAD[/b] of stuff.

Free (you just have to follow HorREfiedHyena on twitch, so that you can DM her an address,) giveaways include:
  • Spooky stickers packs, roughly every 30 minutes
  • A copy of Phasmophobia at 10pm EST
Special giveaways for donors (any donation is enough to qualify):
  • Steam Key for Little Hope
  • Another copy of Little Hope for the platform of your choice
At $100 total donations, we're giving away a spooky goodie pack based on Freddy Kreuger
At $200 total donations, we're giving away a spooky goodie pack based on Jason Voorhees

The big prize for all the donors during the 48 hour stream is an Elgato Stream Deck AND an Elgato HD60S+!

Now, for the fun stuff, donation incentives:
  • Jumpscare - 2.00
  • Horror Movie Quotes (we will quote whatever movie you want)-3.50
  • Gross Candy Roulette Wheel-5.00
  • Bean Boozled-10.00
  • Weird Soda-15.00
  • Booze Roulette-20.00
  • Booze Roulette AND Weird Soda-30.00

Stretch goals include hot sauce, including yours truly tasting The Last Dab XXX, rated at 2+ Million Scoville Heat Units.

Costumes are Wayne and Garth, Mongo, Aizawa/Eraserhead, and a Tonberry!

Come and see the madness and help us Stream for a Cause.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 02:55:10 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Stream For A Cause Halloween Charity Stream
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 08:07:47 pm »

Aaaand we've already hit goal. People are so generous.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Stream For A Cause Halloween Charity Stream
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 12:59:01 pm »

Last post in this thread for a while, just wanted to update that we wound up raising just over $500. Things went very well!