Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Small Concept: Special Events involving Dwarven Children and Caravans  (Read 928 times)

Sky-Streamer

• Bay Watcher
  • You are filled with AN EXCESSIVE NUMBER OF BOLTS.
    • View Profile

Here's an idea.

A young dwarf may look at a caravan from a distance, eyeing an item, usually a toy. If one of the guards or merchants notice the child, the merchant might do one of a few things; They may shoo the kid away from the caravan, Allow the child to play with the item until the caravan leaves, Or - if the item the child is eyeing is cheap - give the child the item for free.
If not noticed, the child may also decide to STEAL the item. It will slowly approach it, grab the item and run away as fast as they can. When they approach, they can be shoo'd away, questioned by the merchants, or simply ignored. When the child gets the item, the kid may get away without being seen, may be chased by one of the guards through the fort as the guard tries to apprehend the child, or if the guard is exceptionally psychotic, you may just have a sad mother and a dead body on your hands.

Please add on and critique this idea as you all see fit.
i told you about those stairs man
i TOLD you DOG

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Small Concept: Special Events involving Dwarven Children and Caravans
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 04:51:08 am »

The child should also be able to cry and demand a parent buy the item, depending on personality values and the parents' skills.

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 01:25:09 pm »

I guess the item the child is interested in should be based on weight.

It would be weird if a child wanted like a bronze breast plate or a silver serrated disc.

But toys, for sure, and also stuff like bracelets or raw glass or a rope.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 01:27:27 pm »

It would be weird if a child wanted like a bronze breast plate or a silver serrated disc.
That sounds completely dwarven to me.

(I would totally have wanted a silver serrated disc)