Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)  (Read 31781 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2021, 05:45:55 am »

Yes end crisis, but I want a look at the attackers and battlesite.  Dix Dex get any of them?

..after that, just spend time putting things right and seeing if there were any other injuries/deaths.  I'll have some new security-related construction projects next turn.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2021, 03:37:08 am »

Get my three rat men to search the building for any paper work they can find then they should return to this room, while I keep searching the room for a dog to turn into a dog man.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2021, 10:56:54 pm »

Yes end crisis, but I want a look at the attackers and battlesite.  Dix Dex get any of them?

..after that, just spend time putting things right and seeing if there were any other injuries/deaths.  I'll have some new security-related construction projects next turn.

(The free construction point is applied to the park facilities, completing them.)
(Goal “Construct park facilities” completed. You may add up to two goals. You may remove up to one goal. You may choose a related benefit approximately equal to ”achievable for a normal human with high potential, good luck, and multiple decades of work” applied to a somewhat broad area.)

([secret]: [1d6 = 6])
([secret]: [1d6 = 1])
([secret]: [1d6 = 2])
(CIA patrolling island: [1d6 = 2])

([secret]: [1d6 = 5])
(CIA patrolling island: [1d6 = 3])

([secret]: [1d6 = 3])
([secret]: [1d6 = 4])

([secret]: [1d6 = 1])
(CIA patrolling island: [1d6 = 4])

([secret]: [1d6 = 3])
(CIA patrolling island: [1d6 = 4])

([secret]: [1d6 = 4])
(CIA patrolling island: [1d6 = 6])

(CIA patrolling island: [1d6 = 5])

CRISIS ENDED.

(Goal “Survive this attack with the theme-park goal remaining viable” completed. You may add up to two goals. You may remove up to one goal. You may choose a related benefit approximately equal to ”achievable for a normal human with a few weeks of work” applied to a narrow area.)

[1d6 = 3]

Dex didn’t manage to “get” any of the attackers, according to the CIA agents maintaining a perimeter around the battlesite while they wait for investigative equipment. In fact, judging by the lack of non-Dex blood in the area, it’s unlikely that he even hit any of them. You take a look at the battlesite, but nothing obvious stands out to you. While you’re there, the CIA agents ask when would be a good date and time to debrief you and your employees.

No corpses are found, no employees are missing, and no employees are injured.

(Dex convalescing: [1d6 = 1])

Dex’s condition has worsened.

(Mironov improving the power lines: [1d6 = 3])

Mironov reports that although the park facilities are already hooked up to the power plant, there’s still some low-hanging fruit regarding optimization of the power line network. He hasn’t made much progress, but it’s not an urgent project.

Get my three rat men to search the building for any paper work they can find then they should return to this room, while I keep searching the room for a dog to turn into a dog man.

[Paperwork: 1d6 = 2]

They don’t find any paperwork. You’re not sure they even know what paperwork is.

[Dog: 1d6 = 5]

Oh, hey, there’s a dog right there!
You take the dog out of its cage and turn it into a dog man.

(Camouflage first backup travel: [1d6 = 6])
(Camouflage third backup travel: [1d6 = 4])
(Camouflage vs Blue: [1d6 with seven steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with six steps higher baseline = 1 with seven steps higher baseline vs 6 with six steps higher baseline])
(Blue vs Camouflage: [1d6 with six steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with seven steps higher baseline = 3 with six steps higher baseline vs 3 with seven steps higher baseline])

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

A crisis ends. Elsewhere, a crisis continues.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 13, 2021, 04:26:32 am »

(That stuff going on in the background is worrying, hope they don't rush in and kill me when they're finished killing each other.)

Gather the rat men and the dog man and give the map another look over to see if there isn't anywhere I missed looking at.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 13, 2021, 10:10:14 pm »

Debrief next turn, if possible.

Bonuses are, for park factilities: +1 to all human-related medical rolls, for myself and the staff, due to having better staff/faciltiies now,

and for completing the survive roll, I'll take +1 to sneaking or travelling around on this island.

I'll take one new goal, "Improve Island Security" (Short-term Moderate).  Basically complete the next two construction projects, along with having a chief of security.)

Add two new construction projects.  One for improving interior security, which is basically going to be cameras, keycards, evacuation routes, etcetera.  Short-term Hard project, because it's tricky to do effectively but doesn't require building much.

One for external security, which is basically perimeter work, having proper gateways, setting up perimeter patrols and some outside cameras.  Easy, but more to do (Medium duration, Easy)

Actual turn is to break ground on the Interior Security project.  Construction point goes to that as well.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 01:36:18 am by Devastator »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2021, 04:24:44 pm »

I don’t have the desire to continue this game with only two players, but I don’t want to leave all these plotlines unresolved. However, many of the plotlines would have depended on strategic decisions made by the players.
And so as to not assume too much about those decisions, here are a few short epilogues of Roll to Multitask, looking only a little bit into the future.

John Hammond: The CIA tells him that there isn’t enough evidence to determine who perpetrated the attack. After a few more weeks of preparation, during which Dex makes a full recovery, the park is almost ready to open. There hasn’t even been a hint of another attack.
The leader of those who attacked his island: “We’ve been laying low since then. Expanding our influence, making preparations, scoping out the new defenses.” “Of course I’m not going to just say it!” “Yeah, yeah. As I was saying, the CIA doesn’t have any idea. Hammond doesn’t either, which I should’ve expected. I just thought for sure they’d have connected us to the attack by now.” “So out of curiosity, who even are you? You’ve got authorization straight from the top, but you insisted we talk like this for some reason, and I don’t even know how you got here. I can’t even sneak someone here yet.”

Salsa Taste: She continues to seek out her killer.
Her killer: “Okay, okay, I’ll talk! So, after I shot that woman, I scarpered right quick. Snatched whatever I could and got out as fast as I could. I was jumpy at first, but after the first day or two I started thinking I got off scot-free. I guess not.” “Wait, I did?! I’m free to go?!” “Oh. You won’t help them, but I still have to worry? You’re talking about the police, right?” “Right?”

Billy Bob: He continues to search for new information and make new animal men. For a few hours, at least.
The commander of the battalion of people in camouflage: “Deploying to Fort Dodge took a few hours. You’re sure that’s good enough for the log, ma’am?” “Semi-unofficial. Got it. When we arrived in Fort Dodge, we terminated the hostiles there. I made the decision to send our preexisting forces there back to barracks, in order to avoid difficulty integrating them into our command structure for the second part of the operation.” “Oh, good, I was worried this was about some chain of command problem. When we arrived at the Fort Dodge Ethological Research Center, we rushed in and killed them.” “Sorry, by “them” I mean one man, unarmed, and about a dozen unidentified humanoids, also unarmed.”

Tim: She manages to figure out a way to get both the angel and Exeobir to go away.
The villagers: “Tim?” “Yes, I know her. I was just surprised that someone like you would wake me up in the middle of the night just to ask about her.” “Well, I sort of expected you to ask me about the angel.” “No, I don’t know what Tim’s been doing lately. I’ve been focused on the angel. What does it mean, actually? The priest has a theory, but is there anything you know?”

ABSOLUTUS SWOLICUS: He obtains a decent quantity of true American steel and, after much difficulty teaching himself to smith, forges a new helmet.
AGRIPPA MUSCLUS: “AFTER ABSOLUTUS DEFEATED ME? I CONTINUED TO WALK THE PATH OF THE MUSCLEMAN, OF COURSE! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN NEED TO ASK? NO, REALLY, WHY? YOU DEFEATED ME FAIRLY, I DON’T BEGRUDGE YOUR QUESTION, BUT IT’S NOT WHAT I EXPECTED.”

Goldie: A few minutes later, the little girl returns and feeds him. He tries various haphazard escape plans, but none of them are very successful.
The little girl: “Me, miss? I’m doing fine.” “I do have fish! They’re so pretty!” “Yeah, it’s hard work keeping them happy and safe. One of them keeps trying to get out of its tank. It’s a silly fish.”

TestProgram.exe: They (singular) returned to TF2Sniper’s computer, but had little success communicating with him while he was online.
TF2Sniper: “well” “there is one weird thing that happened in tf2 recently” “well, not really *in* tf2 but ykwim.” “my antivirus deleted a bunch of tf2 files for whatever reason” “and I had to reinstall them” “fortunately my antivirus didn’t redelete them” “no idea what was up with that”

Bulk Muscles: Luck continued to be against him, and he only managed to drive off Hanop instead of killing him. Vengeance would have to come later. But that vengeance would be less terrible than it might have been, for Steve survived, and through the ninja arts of one of Steve’s colleagues, was restored to health.
Sir Hanop: “My liege, must I answer the questions of this woman?” “... Yes, my liege.” “There is little to say. I defeated Steve, and that would have been the end of it if not for his apprentice. He wounded me greatly, and I shamefully fled rather than fighting to the death.” “Yes, I do plan to return and restore my honor, if my liege gives me leave to do so.”

Schlawr the godbeard: The expedition exited onto the surface, only to discover (after several dozen miles of walking) human civilization. And, shortly thereafter, human weaponry.
The mayor of Dodge City: “A leak of chemicals that inhibit growth and weaken the spine, resulting in dwarfism? That’s the best cover story you could come up with?” “Of course I know it’s a cover story. For one thing, you’re dressed like the Men In Black, except more purple. For another thing, I saw them myself, and they were dwarves straight out of Tolkien. I don’t know what you and your goons did to the other witnesses, but you can’t intimidate me. Hey, what’re you-”

The hovertext in the OP has been changed.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 15, 2021, 05:53:33 pm »

Aww.

(I had a lot of fun, though, thanks.)

(and dangit Tric, you had an open ticket to carnage and quit posting.  ;-p)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 06:26:33 pm by Devastator »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 15, 2021, 06:01:55 pm »

claps

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 16, 2021, 12:52:54 am »

Knew something bad was happening with all that background stuff.

Well it was fun while it lasted, to bad I go shot to death in the end.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2021, 09:02:15 pm »

I'm still here.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 07, 2022, 04:06:16 pm »

I will forever cherish the adventures of Bulk & Steve.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 07, 2022, 04:08:22 pm »

Begone Foul Necromancer, giving hope where there is but salt and ash.  :P

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 07, 2022, 04:16:26 pm »

Begone Foul Necromancer, giving hope where there is but salt and ash.  :P
Bulk not neck romancer? Why Bulk want kiss necks?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2022, 03:06:03 am »

oh I remember this game and how I was murdered in the epilogue.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2022, 03:09:28 am »

It was a lot of fun.  Great game.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 03:13:34 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18