Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)  (Read 31909 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Multitask
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2020, 07:18:24 pm »

"h-"
"....."

Well, shit. Leave this building and try to find the nearest coffee place.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2020, 08:19:12 am »

Crawl into my box and rest for a bit, and while I rest look over my stuff and make sure no other hobo stole anything while I was away, then once everything is inventoried start packing it all into one of my bags as I have a long series of quests in my future.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 10:10:57 am »

THE FIRST TASK OF ANY IRONMAN IS THE 2.4 MILE SWIM - SO NATURALLY WE'LL START WITH THAT! LET THE RACE BEGIN!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2020, 11:05:44 am »

Tim's eyes shine with unholy fire. Or just the reflection of so much fire. There's so much of it!

"I'll be in your care!"

Learn!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 11:07:41 am by TricMagic »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2020, 04:06:23 pm »

Lets proceed with the lab setup before retrying for another geneticist, then.  Maybe I can even use this to butter up some government that might have an island that looks good.. so lets look at sites overseas.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2020, 06:18:35 pm »

Name: Goldie
Description: A goldfish
Current goal(s): long-term goal: summon the N'kyima the fish elder god from the darkest depth of the sea.
Starting benefits: *speaks in bubbles* "THE GREAT N'KYIMA HAS BESTOWED ME THE ABILITY TO BREATHE OXYGEN. SO I CAN AWAKEN HIM FROM HIS SLUMBER. OVERTIME I SHALL GROW LIMBS AND GROW INTO SIZE....BUT NOW...

What do you?
I need to escape from this tank... I turn to my fishrens and give a bombastic speech that it is our time to rule over the land dwellers. No longer shall we be slaves.no longer shall we do cool "tricks" for treats. No longer shall we held captive in this...pathetic excuse for a "tank". No, we shall rule.. this is our time... Follow me and N'kymi shall bestow you the ability to breathe! we shall rule over all!!   

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2020, 11:24:44 am »

Name: TestProgram.exe
Description: I don’t have what one would call an appearance. I’m a program within a .exe file. My “personality” was made through going to the Internet and figuring out what one even is. From what I can gather, personalities are never static. While learning via the Internet, someone deleted an iteration of me while someone else downloaded me. This resulted in me being where I am now, what the human calls a “gaming computer”. This human’s name is TF2Sniper, according to what I hear. He also mentions a game, Team Fortress 2, which he apparently uses to interact with other humans. I’ve tried to play when he’s not there, but I was never given the controls, or arms. TF2Sniper hasn’t opened me yet. I’d love to talk with him
Current goal(s):
Initiate communications with Tf2Sniper, the user of the computer I am now in (Short Term, Medium)
Get the abilities required to play the game TF2Sniper plays(Medium Term, Hard)

Starting Benefit: Due to being a program myself, I am better able to understand the coding of other programs too
Change my file name to TF2Sniper Hello.exe in the hopes that he will open my file so I can communicate with him
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 12:03:51 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2020, 11:32:05 pm »

"h-"
"....."

Well, shit. Leave this building and try to find the nearest coffee place.

[1d6 = 6]

You leave the shed, which is on the back of a building surrounded by a fence. Across the street is a coffee shop, as it turns out. You climb over the fence, carefully cross the street, and enter the coffee shop.
As it turns out, the barista’s counter is directly facing the shed across the street, and it’s easy to see it through the windowfront of the shop. The barista looks at you with a confused and slightly fearful expression.

Crawl into my box and rest for a bit, and while I rest look over my stuff and make sure no other hobo stole anything while I was away, then once everything is inventoried start packing it all into one of my bags as I have a long series of quests in my future.

[1d6 = 4]

Let’s see… a bit of spare cash, a multitool, a blanket, various other things… yep, all there. You pack them away into a bag.

THE FIRST TASK OF ANY IRONMAN IS THE 2.4 MILE SWIM - SO NATURALLY WE'LL START WITH THAT! LET THE RACE BEGIN!

[3d6 combine top 2 vs 1d6 with higher baseline = 5,1,4 combine top 2 vs 2 with higher baseline = 5+4 vs 2 with higher baseline]

The race begins, and it’s clear who has the advantage. Through luck or skill or SWOLENESS’ superiority over MUSCULARITY, you rapidly outpace him in the swim, and while he’s not cripplingly behind, he is still in the water while you are about to begin the bicycling portion of the Ironman.

Tim's eyes shine with unholy fire. Or just the reflection of so much fire. There's so much of it!

"I'll be in your care!"

Learn!

[1d6 = 5]

Your tutelage proceeds swiftly. It has been perhaps a few hours, and you are essentially starting from scratch, but, as your teacher states, you are being taught in the Second Circle of Hell by a Squire Demon who plans to specialize in teaching.
You understand the basics of hellish magic, and are now ready to learn specific spells.

Lets proceed with the lab setup before retrying for another geneticist, then.  Maybe I can even use this to butter up some government that might have an island that looks good.. so lets look at sites overseas.

[1d6 = 1] [1d6 = 3]

After several financial transactions, you have a basic genetics laboratory set up.

(To clarify, one action per turn.)

Also, the paleontologist delivers several dinosaur fossils to you.

Name: Goldie
Description: A goldfish
Current goal(s): long-term goal: summon the N'kyima the fish elder god from the darkest depth of the sea.
Starting benefits: *speaks in bubbles* "THE GREAT N'KYIMA HAS BESTOWED ME THE ABILITY TO BREATHE OXYGEN. SO I CAN AWAKEN HIM FROM HIS SLUMBER. OVERTIME I SHALL GROW LIMBS AND GROW INTO SIZE....BUT NOW...

What do you?
I need to escape from this tank... I turn to my fishrens and give a bombastic speech that it is our time to rule over the land dwellers. No longer shall we be slaves.no longer shall we do cool "tricks" for treats. No longer shall we held captive in this...pathetic excuse for a "tank". No, we shall rule.. this is our time... Follow me and N'kymi shall bestow you the ability to breathe! we shall rule over all!!   

(Accepted.)

[1d6 = 4]

Your fellow fish are, currently, incapable of understanding most of your rhetoric. But you do manage to convince them to try and get out of the tank. They do that by trying to swim through the glass. It doesn’t work. This is going to be an uphill battle.

Name: TestProgram.exe
Description: I don’t have what one would call an appearance. I’m a program within a .exe file. My “personality” was made through going to the Internet and figuring out what one even is. From what I can gather, personalities are never static. While learning via the Internet, someone deleted an iteration of me while someone else downloaded me. This resulted in me being where I am now, what the human calls a “gaming computer”. This human’s name is TF2Sniper, according to what I hear. He also mentions a game, Team Fortress 2, which he apparently uses to interact with other humans. I’ve tried to play when he’s not there, but I was never given the controls, or arms. TF2Sniper hasn’t opened me yet. I’d love to talk with him
Current goal(s):
Initiate communications with Tf2Sniper, the user of the computer I am now in (Short Term, Medium)
Get the abilities required to play the game TF2Sniper plays(Medium Term, Hard)

Starting Benefit: Due to being a program myself, I am better able to understand the coding of other programs too
Change my file name to TF2Sniper Hello.exe in the hopes that he will open my file so I can communicate with him

(Accepted. I didn’t think it was possible for a character sheet to surprise me more than Luckyowl’s did, but here you are.)

[1d6 = 4]

You change your file name, but TF2Sniper doesn’t run you. Maybe you need to wait? Or maybe you need to do something more obvious?

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

Apologies for the delay in the turn; I was busy with homework.
The extreme rolls have more or less ended, but Devastator’s benefit is getting as much of a workout as ABSOLUTUS is.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2020, 11:38:22 pm »

Fish for money while aggressively pointing at coffee on the menu. If it turns out I don't have money on me, point more threateningly.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2020, 02:30:25 am »

(That's fine.  Just wanted to indicate some kind of direction in case of overshoots.  Also that reroll power is like really super paying off.  ;-p)

I think that counts as completing the goal 'Acquire Dinosaur Fossil'

Two new goals:  Acquire New Species of Dinosaur Fossils (Short-term, Easy) and Produce Viable Dinosaur Genetic Material. (Medium-term, Moderate.)

Lets try again to hire that geneticist, this time with at least a semi-equipped lab and dinosaur fossils to sweeten the deal.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2020, 04:46:31 am »

Excellent no one stole any of my stuff while I was gone, and with everything packed into my bag it is time to set out on my journey but first we have to make a stop at a liquor store and buy a bottle of the cheapest booze I can.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2020, 07:15:18 am »

*SPEAKS IN BUBBLE* "DO YOU THINK THIS WILL STOP ME!? NO! I SHALL SUMMON RED BEAM FROM MY EYES AND BREAK THE GLASS!"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 07:18:34 am by Luckyowl »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2020, 08:23:06 am »

The demon teaches spells to inflame different types of Lust in targets and crowds. Tim listens, dreaming of passing on her admiration of Fire to an entire city.

Second Circle is for those condemned by lust, be in blood, carnal, or Fire!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2020, 08:42:26 am »

Try moving to the Desktop so I appear as an icon

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile